Author Topic: 2 0 1 8 F I N A L S E R I E S  (Read 9525 times)

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
2 0 1 8 F I N A L S E R I E S
« on: September 05, 2018, 09:23:41 AM »
Ok as the 2018 Finals series is upon us, its time to discuss who we think will win this week and who are our potential threats going forward.
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: 2 0 1 8 F I N A L S E R I E S
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2018, 02:00:15 PM »
Tiges - too quick for the Hawks.
Dees - should beat Geelong but it's hard to trust their mindset and they've choked twice against the Cats this year. As much as I can't stand Chris Scott, it wouldn't surprise me if his Cats win via finals experience alone.
Swans - should beat the Giants. Too many injured/underdone GWS players.
Eagles - It's in Perth and I hate Collingwood  ;D.

Premiership prediction:
As reigning premiers who backed up by becoming minor premiers this year, of course we can win the flag again. Not going to be easy though. They never are. Need to bring our best high pressure footy. Every team is a threat if we're complacent but really we won't fear anyone. The only team in the top 8 we haven't beaten this year are the Eagles but that was over in Perth. Different ball game at the 'G. Another reason why it's important to win tonight.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2018, 07:14:08 PM »
Thoughts on this week's games?

Hawthorn v Melbourne at the MCG, 7.50pm AEST

HAWTHORN
In: T.Duryea, D.Mirra, R.Schoenmakers
Out: B.Stratton (hamstring), J.O'Meara (knee), J.Ceglar

MELBOURNE - Unchanged

Collingwood v Greater Western Sydney at the MCG, 7.25pm AEST

COLLINGWOOD - Unchanged

GREATER WESTERN SYDNEY
In: R.Griffen, L.Keeffe
Out: H.Perryman, J.Kelly (knee)

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-09-13/teams-star-hawk-a-shock-out-giant-blow

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2018, 07:27:35 PM »
Hawthorn looks on paper to be much weaker this week. Melbourne should easily win that one.
Collingwood and GWS to be tighter with the giants inability to play the MCG swinging towards the pies.
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Slipper

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2018, 09:00:38 PM »
I'm tipping Hawthorn despite their outs.

Melbourne always look to me to be 15 minutes from s***ting themselves in every game they play.

The pressure is building, and I reckon they will fold.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2018, 01:06:32 AM »
I think Melbourne are probably much like us (& bulldogs ‘16) this year so with some self belief, luck and momentum, anything could happen. Good midfield depth with plenty of grunt. Forward line definitely has some potency but their defence is probably their weekness. Still some questions mentally but so did we last year.

Pies are similar to Melbourne but their defence and forward line is a worry for them. All starting to click when they decided to play a pressure game much like us. Very deep midfield but their defence is not that good. A little stronger now with the addition of Goldsack, thought he was good last week against West Coast.

Hawks have a great coach and are well drilled but if the Dees apply the pressure, like last week, they won’t be capable to withstand it. I don’t rate them.

GWS are chock full of talent but Kelly is a huge loss. Anything could happen but I feel they may still be fragile when heavy pressure is applied. 

West Coke is the team I’d expect to play us in the GF. Nick Nat a huge loss as is Gaff. Some excellent forwards, a solid defence and a solid midfield. Im glad we don’t have to play them again in Perth.
I’m not that nervous playing against them at the G.

Honestly, I’m not too worried about any of these remaining teams and I’m not loosing any sleep worrying about who we might be playing because I think we’ll have any of them covered on grand final day.
But If I had to rate these teams in terms of who I’d like to play with the least amount worries it would be in this order - (5 being least worried. 1 being most worried.)

5. Hawks.
4. West Coast.
3. GWS.
2. Pies.
1. Dees.

I just think the Dees have the most weapons and I’m probably wrong about west coast but they don’t worry me at all.

The club that keeps giving.

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2018, 08:00:48 AM »
Let’s just worry about winnin the prelim first before we start talking grand finals......

Dougeytherichmondfan

« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2018, 12:08:47 PM »
I reckon the Hawks are being hugely undersold. 3 bucks HtH?

I'd still have Melbourne as beating them if they find their rhythm and don't choke.

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2018, 08:22:23 PM »
want Collingwood out and Toby Greene with a fractured sternum or something for generally being a turd
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2018, 11:14:24 PM »
Let’s just worry about winnin the prelim first before we start talking grand finals......
Like I said I’m not that worried to be honest.
The club that keeps giving.

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2018, 02:03:07 AM »
Sicily is the worst player I have ever seen.
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2018, 02:54:36 AM »
Senior Hawks went missing in both finals.

Hard to read last night's game. Melbourne looked the more dangerous and obviously quicker side and we're in control on the scoreboard for most of the game to hold off any Hawthorn charges. They deserved the win. Having said that, Hawthorn were missing their best midfielder (O'Meara) and defender (Stratton). The Dees also had a night out in front of goal while the Hawks blew so many goalscoring chances (Gunston kicked 3.5) especially in the second quarter when they dominated inside 50s yet kicked 6 points and the Hawks still got within 2 goals midway through the last quarter and could've made further inroads if Gunston hadn't hit the post from 20 out on the run trying to be too cute.

Melbourne hasn't fallen behind and had to chase the game in both matches so far either. So they haven't had to cope with scoreboard pressure in finals. I'm sure Dimma would've made a few mental notes of all this if we and the Dees make it through to the GF.

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2018, 10:20:42 AM »
Add that Mitchell hurt his shoulder and was in pain for the rest of the game!

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2018, 03:57:59 PM »
The proof will be in the pudding next week for Melbourne against a tougher opponent than Geelong or Hawthorn. Obviously, if they beat the Eagles at Optus with both Kennedy & Darling playing then they will have definitely deserved their spot in the GF.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2018, 07:59:28 PM »
Talk about an open game. Hardly finals like in terms of defensive pressure around the contest. The Giants have been hopeless and the only reason they are still in it (just) is because the Pies butchered the ball for all the dominance and inside 50s they've had. They should be 7 goals up and the game over.

Edit: GWS have finally kicked their first. Still in it at 8 - 24.