Author Topic: Richmond president Peggy O’Neal says Tigers united behind coach Hardwick (H-Sun)  (Read 16615 times)

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
A lot of fence sitting and card holding in this thread.
You've got to know when to hold them, know when to fold them, know when to walk away, know when to run.

I guess, but I guess my point was, kinda, people know Hardwick isn't going to take us forward, they are just waiting for a few more losses before admitting. Very safe.

Or, perhaps, people don't get any enjoyment or satisfaction for ranting on the Sack Hardwick thread and prefer to just let things play it's course seeing as he already has a contract and it's abundantly clear nothing is going to change with that in the meantime.

I don't think I've been necessarily ranting, perhaps my statements are uncomfortable to consider, and there's no other way to address them.....but I digress......

I find communicating, discussing, debating and rationalising things to be natural, as a member of the human race. Irrespective of whether something may not occur. Opinions are interesting and Impart knowledge by addition and deduction.

If that is in some way doesn't sit comfortably in this situation then maybe come back to this thread once a decision is about to be made and you can have your say then.  :cheers

Wasn't singling you out about the ranting, more just a generalisation of what's been going on in that thread.

I've had my say so not sure why I have to come back later? I don't like Hardwick anymore I think we now need to go and get someone better but I don't see the point in dumping him mid-year. We aren't going to get anyone good mid-year it just won't happen. That's my opinion and just because you don't agree with it doesn't mean I'm a fence sitter and waiting for things to unfold

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
A lot of fence sitting and card holding in this thread.
You've got to know when to hold them, know when to fold them, know when to walk away, know when to run.

I guess, but I guess my point was, kinda, people know Hardwick isn't going to take us forward, they are just waiting for a few more losses before admitting. Very safe.

Or, perhaps, people don't get any enjoyment or satisfaction for ranting on the Sack Hardwick thread and prefer to just let things play it's course seeing as he already has a contract and it's abundantly clear nothing is going to change with that in the meantime.

I don't think I've been necessarily ranting, perhaps my statements are uncomfortable to consider, and there's no other way to address them.....but I digress......

I find communicating, discussing, debating and rationalising things to be natural, as a member of the human race. Irrespective of whether something may not occur. Opinions are interesting and Impart knowledge by addition and deduction.

If that is in some way doesn't sit comfortably in this situation then maybe come back to this thread once a decision is about to be made and you can have your say then.  :cheers

Wasn't singling you out about the ranting, more just a generalisation of what's been going on in that thread.

I've had my say so not sure why I have to come back later? I don't like Hardwick anymore I think we now need to go and get someone better but I don't see the point in dumping him mid-year. We aren't going to get anyone good mid-year it just won't happen. That's my opinion and just because you don't agree with it doesn't mean I'm a fence sitter and waiting for things to unfold

Fair enough
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
As long as Hardwick, Hackson, Hartley & Richardson are all gone before the next trade & draft period, otherwise it'll be three year extensions to Grigg, Vickery & Morris , another year for Newman, more sympathy years for Foley & Knights, Armfield, Ellard & Garland f.a., injury-prone skinny flanker first pick, second rounder for Ayce Cordy and still no decent small forward amongst the magic beans......
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
As long as Hardwick, Hackson, Hartley & Richardson are all gone before the next trade & draft period, otherwise it'll be three year extensions to Grigg, Vickery & Morris , another year for Newman, more sympathy years for Foley & Knights, Armfield, Ellard & Garland f.a., injury-prone skinny flanker first pick, second rounder for Ayce Cordy and still no decent small forward amongst the magic beans......

one could riducule this post, unfortunately some of us know all too well this is close to the money  :clapping
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
often, opinions impart more knowledge about the person that made them rather than the subject they are formed about.

Sometimes. Sometimes a lack of opinion but a lot of talk and background noise paints a pretty accurate picture too.

The psychology is fascinating  :)
yeah it is, but who do you keep referring to for not having an opinion and on what subject specifically.

As a side note, should opinion be informed or do you advocate and encourage people to sprout uninformed opinions?
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka

one could riducule this post, unfortunately some of us know all too well this is close to the money  :clapping

Yes  :dancingpickle  we do :lightning
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
I wouldn't bet on it  :shh
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Jackstar is back!!!

There are 3 Certainties in life
Sun will rise in the morning
Mick will get the flick on Monday
Peggy won't be at Punt Rd in 2016 ;)

Offline Penelope

• RFC Hall of Fame
right about now i am concerned the sun wont rise in the morning

Offline Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
right about now i am concerned the sun wont rise in the morning
So we stuffed up our father-sun pick as well?

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
often, opinions impart more knowledge about the person that made them rather than the subject they are formed about.

Sometimes. Sometimes a lack of opinion but a lot of talk and background noise paints a pretty accurate picture too.

The psychology is fascinating  :)
yeah it is, but who do you keep referring to for not having an opinion and on what subject specifically.

As a side note, should opinion be informed or do you advocate and encourage people to sprout uninformed opinions?

I dunno. Everybody do what you want I really don't care
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline Penelope

• RFC Hall of Fame
i think you do.....

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
There are 3 Certainties in life
Sun will rise in the morning
Mick will get the flick on Monday
Peggy won't be at Punt Rd in 2016 ;)

Monday? I was thinking Tuesday myself

As for 2016, reckon unless she's planning on quitting she ain't going anywhere  ;D

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond

My logic is not based on what Fremantle and Sydney have done, its based on what we have done. Fact is, we got Hardwick because no-one else wanted us. We had to offer Wallace 5 years because he needed some security in case he got the green grass. Our reputation for sacking coaches has hurt us, financially and as a career prospect.

Absolutely agree with this.

We (supporters) can argue as much as we like that we haven't sacked a coach for over a decade.

Yes Wallace "resigned", Frawley saw out his contract.

But the fact remains our reputation in the 20-30 years prior defined our Club and it has impacted on our ability to attract people to our Club.

As for fence sitting. Do I think Hardwick will take us to a flag? No I don't but as Yeahright said I cannot see the point of getting rid of him now, mid season. It achieves nothing but the normal carry on about the RFc sacking coaches.

Let's get through the season and see where we are, what we have achieved and then make a decision
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
It won't matter if we sack him mid-season or at the end.  He has a contract until the end of 2016 so unless he coaches until then he will be sacked.