Author Topic: Richmond president Peggy O’Neal says Tigers united behind coach Hardwick (H-Sun)  (Read 16478 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Richmond president Peggy O’Neal says Tigers united behind coach Damien Hardwick

Sam Edmund
    Herald Sun
    May 17, 2015 2:27PM

RICHMOND president Peggy O’Neal says the club remains united behind under-fire coach Damien Hardwick.

Speaking before Sunday’s clash against Collingwood, O’Neal said the Tigers would not be “driven by emotional outbursts” despite a poor start to the season. Richmond hasn’t won since Round 3.

“We don’t make reactive decisions based on the latest view in the media or in the vocal minority,” O’Neal said.

“We all know that our great sport evokes great emotion; it’s one of the great things we love about the game. That emotions is heightened by traditional media, and now social media adds another more immediate voice to the news cycle with everyone able to state their opinion.

“People who work at clubs ... are not robots. Everyone feels the elation of victory and devastation of defeat. It matters to all of us.

“One of the great challenges for those within the club is to make decisions that are not driven by emotional outbursts, to not rise to the bait, to be volatile.

“Every part of our business looks at the facts, we ask hard questions and collectively we find a way forward. I think that’s been critical to the narrative that’s been Richmond over the last five seasons.

“A collective commitment was made to turn this club around and that would be done methodically. No one person was going to fix the club, there was no messiah.

“It’s a strategy that requires us to stay the course for a very long time.”

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/afl-2015-richmond-president-peggy-oneal-says-tigers-united-behind-coach-damien-hardwick/story-fni5f9jb-1227357941507

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
Piggy ONeal
Go Tigers!

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
Sack him already!!!
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka

Speaking before Sunday’s clash against Collingwood, O’Neal said the Tigers would not be “driven by emotional outbursts” despite a poor start to the season. Richmond hasn’t won since Round 3.

Geez stuff me in the ass.

Get serious guys. Get rid of her.
GO PIEESSSS!!
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
I would have been shot for that comment. :snidegrin :whistle ::)
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
what a dumb woman fair dinkum

pee her off
You can call her anything except dumb.  She is much smarter than 99% of the posters on OER. Don't underestimate her.  Just because she doesn't shout out in the media, doesn't mean that she is not doing anything within the four walls of the RFC.

I'd prefer it that way x1000000000!
« Last Edit: May 18, 2015, 01:41:08 PM by WilliamPowell »
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline The Big Richo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Keyboard Hero
She doesn't know Richmond.

She has heard what other people have said about the place and based her ideas on that.
Who isn't a fan of the thinking man's orange Tim Fleming?

Gerks 27/6/11

But you see, it's not me, it's not my family.
In your head, in your head they are fighting,
With their tanks and their bombs,
And their bombs and their guns.
In your head, in your head, they are crying...

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Snip

I haven't been on the forum much in the last 24 hours for family reasons

But thank you everyone for drawing my attention to the unacceptable posting in this thread
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
"
“One of the great challenges for those within the club is to make decisions that are not driven by emotional outbursts, to not rise to the bait, to be volatile.

“Every part of our business looks at the facts, we ask hard questions and collectively we find a way forward. I think that’s been critical to the narrative that’s been Richmond over the last five seasons.

“A collective commitment was made to turn this club around and that would be done methodically. No one person was going to fix the club, there was no messiah.

“It’s a strategy that requires us to stay the course for a very long time.”

I agree withTBR. I'd suggest Peg bone up on the history of the club and it's rhetoric to supporters over a long period of time.
It's all so convenient to take the emotion out when it suits you but what about the emotion used to tin rattle?
So it's fine to use emotion to blackmail money out of supporters but when we get frustrated over this club, coaching panel and playing group making the SAME mistakes for a second consecutive year then we are being emotional?
Spare me the rhetoric Peggy.
Maybe Peggy and the club take a fact based approach to 3-0-75?
Or a fact based approach to the impact of the leading teams program on our leadership group?
Or a fact based approach to our recruitment of  post round 2 drafting in the past 4 years when compared to say Collingwood?

It would be nice if the club acknowledged it's clear shortcomings in delivering its agenda in the last season or 2 and what it's doing to learn from it and do better.
Until then, Peggy has been exposed as naive at best.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
What a load of tripe , what part don't you understand of where we were in 2010 to where we are now .
LOL at collingwood draft picks post 33 to make your puerile point, don't embarrass us ,,,please  :wallywink
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
What a load of tripe , what part don't you understand of where we were in 2010 to where we are now .
LOL at collingwood draft picks post 33 to make your puerile point, don't embarrass us ,,,please  :wallywink

COLLINGWOOD

Paul Seedsman (pick 76, 2010 draft)

Alex Fasolo (pick 45, 2010 draft)

Jarrod Witts (pick 67, 2011 draft — NSW scholarship)

Jackson Ramsay (pick 38, 2012 draft)

Marley Williams (2012 rookie draft)

Jack Crisp (2012 rookie draft — selected by Brisbane)

Tom Langdon (pick 65, 2013 draft)

Jack Frost (2013 rookie draft)

Sam Dwyer (2013 rookie draft)

Adam Oxley (2013 rookie draft)
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline The Big Richo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Keyboard Hero
Ouch Bojo. Just ouch.  :shh

Gerks 27/6/11

Offline DCrane

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Belle, Richmond PR manager

I agree withTBR. I'd suggest Peg bone up on the history of the club and it's rhetoric to supporters over a long period of time.
It's all so convenient to take the emotion out when it suits you but what about the emotion used to tin rattle?
So it's fine to use emotion to blackmail money out of supporters but when we get frustrated over this club, coaching panel and playing group making the SAME mistakes for a second consecutive year then we are being emotional?
Spare me the rhetoric Peggy.
Maybe Peggy and the club take a fact based approach to 3-0-75?
Or a fact based approach to the impact of the leading teams program on our leadership group?
Or a fact based approach to our recruitment of  post round 2 drafting in the past 4 years when compared to say Collingwood?

It would be nice if the club acknowledged it's clear shortcomings in delivering its agenda in the last season or 2 and what it's doing to learn from it and do better.
Until then, Peggy has been exposed as naive at best.

Good post.

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
Ouch Bojo. Just ouch.  :shh
It's an absolutely ridiculous argument , how's Jesse white going, Quentin lynch , Jordan Russell, Clinton young, karnezis , Tony Armstrong ...yeah Peggy o Neil I fink eddies a much betterer Prez, just look at these recruits  :ROTFL :dancing
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline The Big Richo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Keyboard Hero
Think you might have missed the list.

Gerks 27/6/11