Author Topic: Dustin Martin's contract talk thread / Dusty a Tiger for next 7 years [update]  (Read 166056 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Caroline Wilson: I'd suggest Dustin doesn't know... (3aw)
« Reply #150 on: May 17, 2017, 12:03:27 PM »
Caroline Wilson: I'd suggest Dustin doesn't know...

3aw
    May 16, 2017 - 7:52PM

3AW Football's Caroline Wilson has responded to Dustin Martin's deleted "fake news" tweet by suggesting the Richmond star is being kept in the dark.

Caro on Footy Classified on Monday said Martin's manager Ralph Carr had been contacting opposition clubs about making an offer for the powerful midfielder.

In response, Martin tweeted: "More fake news on TV tonight on me and my manager by a footy journo … real fake news … no idea," Martin wrote, before deleting it.

On 3AW Sportsday tonight, Dwayne Russell asked Caro for her thoughts on the tweet.

"I'm impressed Dustin is all over Donald Trump, that's terrific," she said, referring to the "fake news" comment.

"And I would suggest that maybe Dustin is not even aware of what his manager is doing sometimes."

http://www.3aw.com.au/news/caroline-wilson-id-suggest-dustin-doesnt-know-20170516-gw6cgi.html

Offline Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
It's Barrett I know but he said on Triple M tonight that Dusty is not as connected to Richmond as people believe and that he is still bitter about the last contract negotiations. He said that everyone he talks to in football says Dusty is seriously considering offers from Nort and Saints.

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
It's Barrett I know but he said on Triple M tonight that Dusty is not as connected to Richmond as people believe and that he is still bitter about the last contract negotiations. He said that everyone he talks to in football says Dusty is seriously considering offers from Nort and Saints.u

Barrett is militantly anti Richmond and Pro north. I wouldnt worry one bit
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
It's Barrett I know but he said on Triple M tonight that Dusty is not as connected to Richmond as people believe and that he is still bitter about the last contract negotiations. He said that everyone he talks to in football says Dusty is seriously considering offers from Nort and Saints.u

Yeah I know and I think he is just stubbornly sticking to his guns even though he knows he might be wrong.

Offline The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame

Yeah I know and I think he is just stubbornly sticking to his guns even though he knows he might be wrong.

Well we would at least match the offer so they will need to pay overs if they can.

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
It's Barrett I know but he said on Triple M tonight that Dusty is not as connected to Richmond as people believe and that he is still bitter about the last contract negotiations. He said that everyone he talks to in football says Dusty is seriously considering offers from Nort and Saints.

Another journo also stated that the Saints had ruled out Dusty and we're going for Fyfe. No clue
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond

Hmm

I think "bin boy" I has got his contract re-signings a tad muddled

Dusty's last contract negotiation 2 seasons ago was done very quickly with very little fanfare..

It was the one 4 odd seasons ago that was the issue....

::)
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Hardwick also played down reports this week that star free agent Dustin Martin was being "shopped around" to rival clubs by manager Ralph Carr.

"We’re happy with where it's at at the moment … we love Dustin and Dustin loves us," he said.

"Where that takes us we'll find out at some stage.

"His manager has been doing some really good work with Dustin and with us, so we're quite happy with where it's at."

Source: AFL website

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Tom Browne on Ch 7 news just now said Dusty and his manager met with Richmond today. Word from Richmond is there's no change on Dusty's contract status. Browne added there's lots for them to talk about including $$$.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
People need to start preparing.... :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline sugark

• Premiership Captain

That's right, preparing to have Dusty around for a long time yet!!

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame

it starting to look that way. The only positive that may come if he goes that idiots like dimwit, peggy sue and benny should walk out with him.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
From President Peggy O'Neal's column today:

Where are things at with Dustin Martin and why hasn’t he signed? Is he being shopped around?

We have been quite clear that we are comfortable with Dustin and his management taking the time they need to make a decision on his future. The dealings throughout this process have been professional on both sides and the communications between the Club and his manager Ralph Carr have been constructive.

Free agency rules have changed the football landscape enormously. As a result, there is always significant speculation around player movement, particularly high-profile players. It is something that we have to get used to as uncomfortable as that can be.

We have repeatedly said that we want Dustin to be a part of our Club long-term and that is the outcome we are working towards. We remain confident that will be the case but, equally, we haven’t put any deadline on reaching an agreement.

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2017-05-19/from-the-president-may-19-2017

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
The Age has put a pic of Dusty in an article about St Kilda having free spots on their list for two $800k worth players.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/stars-in-their-sights-st-kilda-have-salarycap-space-to-sign-two-players-on-800000-each-20170520-gw9b1r.html

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
Hey Dusty-  if you want the big bucks how about at least kicking set shots from inside 50 directly in front and not having ones from outside 50 smothered?
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.