Author Topic: Nathan Buckley [merged]  (Read 19179 times)

Offline camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Nathan Buckley [merged]
« Reply #165 on: July 16, 2009, 09:43:45 AM »
If Buckley has said that he wont work as assistant under Malthouse - (I,m not totally conviced) then why hasn't he taken the North role.

There are two reasons - one him is brokering a pathway to coach Collingwood after Malthouse.

He is interested in the Richmond role.

The North job can only be a fall back position and no wonder they are worried.

In saying this, he is an untried coach who I belive would be great for us, but so would Hardwick and whoever shines through our process.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #166 on: July 16, 2009, 10:01:31 AM »
A caller rang into KB's show and said it's a "fact" that Buckley will be an assistant coach at Hawthorn next year as their forward line coach.

7 more weeks of these rumours to go  :P

richmondrules

« Reply #167 on: July 16, 2009, 03:07:48 PM »
A caller rang into KB's show and said it's a "fact" that Buckley will be an assistant coach at Hawthorn next year as their forward line coach.

lol. Well as long as it's a "fact" it must be true.

Offline nahadaman

• Future Richmond star
« Reply #168 on: July 16, 2009, 03:16:56 PM »
Buckley as a forward coach. Right o.  :sleep

Offline 3rogerd

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #169 on: July 16, 2009, 03:38:55 PM »
they have been in his ear apparently
and really it wouldnt surprise if he did
which allows MM too keep the seat warm. :rollin

Ramps

« Reply #170 on: July 16, 2009, 10:57:33 PM »
According to Craig Hutchison we are out of the loop for Buckley. Our process will take to long and Hutchys info is that he'll either coach Norf or he'll be senior Assistant coach at the Pies.

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #171 on: July 16, 2009, 11:13:38 PM »
According to Craig Hutchison we are out of the loop for Buckley. Our process will take to long and Hutchys info is that he'll either coach Norf or he'll be senior Assistant coach at the Pies.

In that case I like our process better.
EAT EM ALIVE!

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #172 on: July 17, 2009, 02:47:21 PM »
Steven Wright on the RFC site...

North Melbourne chief executive Eugene Arocca spoke at length about his club's desire to sound out Nathan Buckley on his coaching intentions at the launch, but Wright would not be drawn on individual applicants for the Tigers' senior coaching role. 

"We've got a process in place and we'll go through that process. Whatever Nathan decides to do that's a matter for him, but we'll go down the path and we're sure that we'll get the best coach at the end of the day," he said.

"We've got a number of candidates and they're all, on paper, very good and we're about to go through the interview process now where we'll talk to them all individually.

"We're going through a process and that process takes a bit of time, but we'd be looking in probably eight weeks time to have a decision by then. Certainly we're well and truly down the track."

Wright said the club hadn't yet trimmed the applicants down to a final list.

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/6301/newsid/80851/default.aspx

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #173 on: July 17, 2009, 02:59:05 PM »
North backing away today from their deadline wishes when they meet up with Buckley this weekend.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/80841/default.aspx

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #174 on: July 17, 2009, 03:12:31 PM »
This sounds like a professional, measured club for mine. No rash decisions, no external influences, no emotional knee-jerk reaction to the media or supporters.....are you sure this is our club???  ;D

This will speak volumes to all those in AFL that our clubs coaching position has to be won and fought for not given away.

We need to make an informed decision based on the judgements of many rather than a few. Regardless of how good on candidate may seem, we can not risk another decision like last. North appear to be following the same path we did 5 years a go.

If Bucks believes it is better to take the bird in the hand then I wish him every success but we are too good an option to throw our job away to anyone.

Stripes

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #175 on: July 17, 2009, 03:14:36 PM »
North backing away today from their deadline wishes when they meet up with Buckley this weekend.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/80841/default.aspx

North are making avein attempt to maintain a little bit of dignity if Buckley says he needs more time or just answers with an outright 'No'. The longer Buck's toys with the decision the more time we have to corner the market.  :thumbsup

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #176 on: July 17, 2009, 03:32:15 PM »
Bucks will not coach North in my opinion. I'll say why. Ego. Bucks has a huge ego.
Who can remember when he won the Brownlow in 03 yet with jaw protruding and eyes fixed he looked into the camera and proclaimed the bigger goal was the GF and thought the Brownlow was just a distraction to the GF festivities and thus he was not willing to share with his teammates in the same way Aker and Black shared their success in 01 and 02.

North is a club that does not have one. In fact they are just a club that do not promote much passion into anything. Small supporter base, no finances, nothing just a mythical thing called shinboner spirit. Not good finances, poor facilities. Not enough to cater to his ego.

Richmond on the other hand are different. Large supporter base. Poor recent history. Big club. Sound financial position. Blows their trumpet even in poor times. Furthermore club is similar to Collingwood and has not had recent ultimate success so he will fit better into the environment. Look at us in the news every week and we are 3-12.

Club like Richmond if he has some success he will start getting the adulation he craves from an environment that hasn't given it out for a long time. Ultimate success and he will be the legend he feels he is now that he has achieved this. RFC will do whatever he wants and at a big club that is anything. He will have the esteem that a legend that Allan Jeans is held at St Kilda.

Furthermore he would rather play games at the G in front of 70 or 80K and not play in front of 15 -20 K at Etihad stadium when the Roos play Freo and then wait to play Essendon or Coll as a home game to get some sort of motivation to get the club up.

Also Voss got the job untried at Bris and if Bucks come to Rich he can immediately plan to square the ledger on him as Voss stood in his way of ultimate success in 02 and 03. Could see the headline in 2012/13 Tigers v Lions in the big one. What motivation for the ego of the man himself.

Malthouse will stay at Collingwood and the situation there is similar to Rich in 1980.Sheedy was the man in waiting yet Jewell had won the flag. Sheeds was not going to wait. I see a little of Sheeds in Bucks and how driven Bucks is was very similar to how Sheeds was in his early years at Essendon.

The Footy Gods will eventually shine on us and history will pan out in a similar yet different way. Bucks will have great success at Richmond and Collingwood will try fruitlessly to lure him back to their lair that will indicate their on and off field predicament. Bucks will love being the centre of attention at Richmond with success and the centre of attention at Collingwood when their seasons will be ending much in the same way they have ended prematurely at Richmond for the last 27 years.

Offline the_boy_jake

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #177 on: July 17, 2009, 04:12:43 PM »
Bucks will not coach North in my opinion. I'll say why. Ego. Bucks has a huge ego.
Who can remember when he won the Brownlow in 03 yet with jaw protruding and eyes fixed he looked into the camera and proclaimed the bigger goal was the GF and thought the Brownlow was just a distraction to the GF festivities and thus he was not willing to share with his teammates in the same way Aker and Black shared their success in 01 and 02.

Spot on Tuckerbag - also if you look at when he led the team out the race that GF - same square jaw, fixed eyes.

Its actually a minor problem I have with Bucks. That year they were playing well, relaxed had been to the GF before and seemed to have an even money chance of winning it. When he got intense (and I think it was premeditated and unnaturally over the top) I think his team got nervous.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #178 on: July 17, 2009, 04:43:22 PM »
Hutchy did not give Bucks much chance of going to Richmond on the footy show last night.

wanker

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #179 on: July 17, 2009, 06:00:21 PM »
I like your thinking Tucker!!!   :clapping