Author Topic: Nathan Buckley [merged]  (Read 18866 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Nathan Buckley [merged]
« Reply #330 on: July 30, 2009, 07:46:00 PM »
i heard last night the numbers that collingwood supposedly paying to keep them both. Mick Malthouse has done a ripper deal imho. Good luck to him. Rumour is Buckley $400-450k for the next 2 years then he becomes senior coach, Malthouse already on $800k and I got the impression that he will continue to be very well paid after he moves into director of coaching role. Pies are burning money- probably not a smart venture after there pubs fiasco.
Mick's on $900k. Not a bad earner for him for the next 5 years. As for paying any assistant coach $450k  :o. No wonder the Roos needed to throw offers of $800k Bucks way to make him even think about them. The Pies have more money than sense. This comes across as Eddie's grand fantasy rather than club policy. I wonder if the other members of the Collingwood Board had much say Monday night given the deal was done on the weekend. Let's hope they implode big time and screw themselves :pray. By 2012 Presti will be 34, O'Bree 33, Lockyer 32, Leon Davis and Ben Johnson 31, Fraser and Medhurst 30, Didak 29 and Swan 28. Good Luck Bucks taking the "safe" option ;).
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #331 on: July 30, 2009, 08:40:22 PM »
Good Luck Bucks taking the "safe" option ;).

We all know what happened last time he did that!

"I want to go to team that can win a flag"

:lol :lol :lol

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #332 on: July 30, 2009, 09:08:40 PM »
He was drafted to North as well before the AFL made that defunct.

So he could have won flags at Arden St in 1996 and 99 as well.

Would love to see him coach at the Pies  till the 20's without a flag while we more than a few along the way and the Roos win one too. Against Collingwood would be sweeter also and worth the wait too. :thumbsup

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #333 on: July 31, 2009, 12:27:07 AM »
By 2012 our list will be starting to peak yet the Pies will be going into rebuild mode by their own admission when Bucks starts. North's list will probably be ahead of the Pies as well. Oh well his problem in 2.5 years time.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #334 on: August 01, 2009, 06:46:18 AM »
Gavin Brown has seen the writing on the wall at Pieland and may be moving on. North are now chasing after him.

http://www.realfooty.com.au/news/rfnews/buckley-in-8212-brown-to-go/2009/07/31/1248977194375.html

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #335 on: August 01, 2009, 09:00:26 AM »
Yep, here we go.  Why would you bother assisting at a club that you have no hope of having a significant influence at or working towards impressing for the senior position in the future?

Correct call Gavin Brown.
EAT EM ALIVE!

Ramps

« Reply #336 on: August 01, 2009, 01:19:18 PM »
Yep, here we go.  Why would you bother assisting at a club that you have no hope of having a significant influence at or working towards impressing for the senior position in the future?

Correct call Gavin Brown.

any collingwood assistant who has any pride at all would quit.

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #337 on: August 01, 2009, 03:04:57 PM »
If you were Gavin Brown - couldn't help thinking it was a clique that was at the press conference.
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #338 on: August 04, 2009, 05:29:15 AM »
Mick's left the door ajar slightly to walk after his first two years if another senior position becomes available

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sport/afl/story/0,26576,25878026-19742,00.html

Offline gtig

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #339 on: August 04, 2009, 02:55:32 PM »
i really can't wait to watch the pies go down the toilet for the next 10 years with bad finances costly staff aging list poor draft picks etc etc.

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #340 on: August 04, 2009, 03:14:40 PM »
Who cares anymore ? Who cared in the first place ? Moving right along  :D