Author Topic: Nathan Buckley [merged]  (Read 19288 times)

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Nathan Buckley [merged]
« Reply #315 on: July 28, 2009, 11:32:32 AM »
I would LOVE LOVE LOVE if this move was Eddie's legacy to Collingwood and it made them implode
His moves of late haven't paid off that well lately, I hope this is the worst of all
Sounds like an untenable situation to me

Tigermonk

« Reply #316 on: July 28, 2009, 11:43:03 AM »
If Collingwood start losing games we should all start ringing up talkback claiming to be Collingwood supporters asking for Buckley to replace Malthouse immediately. This is gonna be outstanding comedy over the next 12 to 18 months.

I wonder how Brad Scott, Caracella, Hudson and the other assistants feel about having no chance of coaching Collingwood. Could be a recipe for disaster.

Nonetheless interesting to see how this director of coaching thing works out. We would have done the same thing if we opted for Sheedy I think.

Thats good
Hudson is a good coach
l would have him at Richmond anyday coaching
His good with getting everything out of players

Online wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #317 on: July 28, 2009, 11:48:15 AM »
If Collingwood start losing games we should all start ringing up talkback claiming to be Collingwood supporters asking for Buckley to replace Malthouse immediately. This is gonna be outstanding comedy over the next 12 to 18 months.

:bow  :lol
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Online wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #318 on: July 28, 2009, 12:01:12 PM »
I wonder how Brad Scott, Caracella, Hudson and the other assistants feel about having no chance of coaching Collingwood. Could be a recipe for disaster.

Nonetheless interesting to see how this director of coaching thing works out. We would have done the same thing if we opted for Sheedy I think.

Laidley would be a good director of coaching.....
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #319 on: July 28, 2009, 12:18:06 PM »
Laidley would actually but we are not going down that path and nor should we. It takes two extremely tolerant coaches with small egos, an exception relationship with complimentry strengths and weaknesses for something such as what the Pies are attempting. I heard Brittian interviewed once about when he worked with a similiar role with (I have drawn a blank) and he said it worked for all the above reasons and because they were such different coaches and people.

Now looking at Mick and Bucks you could not seeing such a partnership work. If they sent Bucks away for a couple of years and just put him on ice it may but then where would he gain his experience and education from?

When Bucks and Malthouse coached together for the International rules most reports had them at loggerheads and attempting to outdo each other in terms of authority and leadership the whole trip. I'm sure everything will be all rosey and sugarcoated initially with media reports heralding the move a great success at the start of next year but after this, once the pressure mounts, look for the cracks.

In 2011, with the handover period looming, this is when the leadership decisions will start to overlap with Bucks attempting to prepare for the future and Mick working for the moment. With Mick not actually stepping aside but rather up in 2012 this will be when the best action will occur.

This is going to be the undoing of the Pies and I'm going to love every minute of it!  :thumbsup :birthday

Stripes

Offline crannyvegas

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #320 on: July 28, 2009, 12:44:03 PM »
well i did think that buckley would be good for our side, but given this decision im glad he misses out. this looks like a pretty soft and easy way out for him but i only hope this takes the light of us for the next few years while the tiger army swells to become a genuine super power club!! interesting to note mark robinsons opinion in a hearld sun live blog on the richmond coaching scene atm:
"12:12 Jade is not a lock for Richmond, but he is going pretty well. The players seem to like him, and enjoy playign under his style.. That said, 12 peope applying for the job... word is hardwick is a strong contender"

i think hardwick is the man for the main role though i believe jade should be kept on in a developmental position.
Detka! Detka! Detka!

Online pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #321 on: July 28, 2009, 12:54:27 PM »
Nathan Buckley has taken the very very soft option at Collingwood and I believe will lose some respect form the general footy public. 
Sounds like an extremely comfy lovey dovey position for both of them but if they dont do well in the next couple of years then watch this space.....
I personally didnt want Buckley coaching Richmond and am glad to have a look at:
Brad Scott, big smokey
Damien Hardwick, good option
Jade, has done nothing wrong except win too many games....

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #322 on: July 28, 2009, 01:49:37 PM »

To the point that the radio presenters will be making comments that these Pies fans sound like Richmond fans.  :lol :rollin :lol

Bucks took the easy option. I guess noone caters to his ego more than Eddie. :lol :rollin :lol

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #323 on: July 28, 2009, 03:31:06 PM »
How funny is this....

We get mocked for doing a 180 backflip over Cousins....Now Buckley has done the same thing.
Very Very Soft option by Buckley.Too scared to put his d__k on the line.

Cant wait for the DEADMAN WALKING headlines now with regards to Mick.

Buckley you are nothing but a big fish in a small lexus centre pond
Unleash the tornado

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #324 on: July 28, 2009, 04:09:17 PM »

I think this photo says it all really

Offline DallasCrane

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • roll on 2011
« Reply #325 on: July 28, 2009, 04:16:52 PM »
great post Infamy
Experience is a good school. But the fees are high.
Heinrich Heine

Offline DallasCrane

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • roll on 2011
« Reply #326 on: July 28, 2009, 04:18:03 PM »
That photo says to me that MM still thinks about the Tiges sometimes.
Experience is a good school. But the fees are high.
Heinrich Heine

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #327 on: July 28, 2009, 04:22:12 PM »
 :ROTFL well done Infamy
Unleash the tornado

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #328 on: July 28, 2009, 06:27:47 PM »
Buckley on 3aw tonight said he didn't think he was ready to go to another club as a senior coach. Voss' situation was different as he went back to a club he knew intimately. He loves Collingwood and the offer was just too good.

He doesn't know Malthouse's contractual situation after the first 2 years and whether there's an out clause if he gets a senior coaching offer elsewhere.

On Ch 7, Bucks said he only came to his final decision on Sunday. He had planned to meet with Craig Cameron at 10am this morning but of course cancelled it.

Ramps

« Reply #329 on: July 29, 2009, 09:57:39 AM »
i heard last night the numbers that collingwood supposedly paying to keep them both. Mick Malthouse has done a ripper deal imho. Good luck to him. Rumour is Buckley $400-450k for the next 2 years then he becomes senior coach, Malthouse already on $800k and I got the impression that he will continue to be very well paid after he moves into director of coaching role. Pies are burning money- probably not a smart venture after there pubs fiasco.