Author Topic: Nathan Buckley [merged]  (Read 19187 times)

Offline Beren

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Nathan Buckley [merged]
« Reply #210 on: July 20, 2009, 02:28:56 PM »
So if North are such a basket case where's the $$$$ to pay for Bucks coming from?

Not AFL handouts I hope.
In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

Online wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #211 on: July 20, 2009, 04:19:01 PM »
Would Bucks be put off by how desperate the Roos are looking?

And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline HD

• Future Richmond star
« Reply #212 on: July 20, 2009, 04:41:28 PM »

He's a smart bloke (as smart as a collywobble can be i suppose   :lol) and from all reports he is doing his homework and following his own process. I doubt North's desperation will sway him one way or the other in the end. If they come up smelling like roses to Bucks, that's where he'll go.

He wants a GF - never got one at Collingwood and his ego needs to be able to hold that premiership medal over others. That drive and singular vision is actually a good thing for us from a potential coach and something that'll definitely go in the pros column next to Buck's name during our process. Our list is something that hopefully will go in Bucks'

Offline 3rogerd

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #213 on: July 20, 2009, 04:50:59 PM »
there are some great candidates out there, North are behaving like some cheap Sydney hooker :shh..
big interview week coming i hear.

Is this the first week in the 'Process' 3rogerd?

interviews this week, i read or heard somewhere.

Offline DallasCrane

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • roll on 2011
« Reply #214 on: July 20, 2009, 06:19:41 PM »

It might actually be to Bucks' benefit- If he really does want to go back to the pies then the Roos would be a perfect apprenticeship for Bucks, North might be offering 5 years, but it might be the case that Bucks wants to see how long Malthouse gets, say 2 years, then Buckley might agree to only 2 years as well.

LMAO at how Buckley will be using a head coaching role @ North to do his apprenticeship.
It reminds me of the time I rang up the RFC to complain that they had brought back Gaspar to the seniors too early from his knee reco, and that he should've done some time in the reserves. Frawley's PA said to me- "Do you think Collingwood would bring up Nathan Buckley through the reserves?"  :lol

(my reply was 'Gaspar's an alright player-but he ain't no Nathan Buckley!)
Experience is a good school. But the fees are high.
Heinrich Heine

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #215 on: July 20, 2009, 06:23:38 PM »
Buckley on 3aw tonight..

* He's met with North 4 times over the last month. Still in discussion (nothing signed as was rumoured).

* He's involved in both North and Richmond processes and s letting these processes take their course.

* Last meeting was with North on Friday. He didn't meet with them today as rumoured. He's learnt from all this people make stuff up.

* He doesn't know what 2010 offers for him. He has an open mind as he always has had.

* His aim as it was when he first put his hand up is to get into footy again as he misses it. It needs to be right for him so he progresses. It also needs to be right for the club he ends up at.

* Donald McDonald at North has put together a list of alternative applicants. Buckley said he's always believed he wasn't the only one North are  interested in.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #216 on: July 21, 2009, 04:49:26 PM »
It's BF so take it with a grain of salt but a Carlton supporter is claiming Buckley has agreed to coach North and it'll be announced in the next week or so.

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showpost.php?p=15145361&postcount=1

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Richmond to meet Buckley later this week (Age)
« Reply #217 on: July 22, 2009, 03:21:22 AM »
Roos wait on Buckley
Jake Niall | July 22, 2009

NORTH Melbourne has postponed the board meeting that was scheduled today to discuss the club's approach to Nathan Buckley, as the former Collingwood champion considers his future.

The meeting, which would involve a discussion of "plan B" if Buckley was not interested, will be held in the middle of next week, by which stage the club hopes to have a clearer picture of where it stands with Buckley.

North is understood to be willing to secure Buckley on a long-term coaching contract of at least four years. Buckley will meet Richmond later this week, as the Tigers speak to various candidates. He is also under strong consideration at his old club as a possible assistant to Mick Malthouse. Hawks president Jeff Kennett ruled him out as an assistant at Hawthorn.

Senior North officials have spoken to him at least twice, and Buckley's manager Craig Kelly has received the information he sought on the club's football department spending and structure — details that Kelly has sought from all of Buckley's suitors.

North's board had directed the administration to investigate the Buckley option first and then canvass other possibilities.

http://www.realfooty.com.au/news/rfnews/roos-wait-on-buckley/2009/07/21/1247941916382.html

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #218 on: July 22, 2009, 11:55:51 AM »
Sounds to me like Buckley is checking to see if he has a chance to caoch Richmond and whether they would be what he is after as well before committing himself at the Roos. My guess is that the Roos is his fall back.

Either that or he is just biding his time to see where the cards fall at Pieland but I think the first option is the most likely.

Stripes

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #219 on: July 22, 2009, 12:20:51 PM »
Agree Stripes.  Buckley is perfectly entitled to 'look after # 1' and explore all his options fully - just like the clubs are.  Puts a tick on the 'pro' side of his credentials imho.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #220 on: July 22, 2009, 12:22:24 PM »
SEN just said Collingwood has put an offer to Buckley to coach their VFL side next year which will play home games at Vic Park.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #221 on: July 22, 2009, 12:39:27 PM »
What would be funny (although nearly unbearable) would be to see Malthouse win a flag with Collingwood in 2011, then watch the fur fly as Eddie has to convince Mick to stand down so they can uphold the promise to Buckley.  Does anyone else think that by giving Malthouse 2 years and then promising Buckley the gig that Collingwood are in fact admitting they can't win a flag in the next 2 years?  I'm not sure if Malthouse will be happy with a 'final' 2 years and I'm not sure that Buckley will be happy coaching in the VFL for more than 2 years.  Funnily enough, we are currently the ones looking the most stable, professional and in control of the situation at the moment.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #222 on: July 22, 2009, 01:07:10 PM »
SEN just said Collingwood has put an offer to Buckley to coach their VFL side next year which will play home games at Vic Park.

have they told Gavin Brown?  :rollin :rollin

And struth they will need to do "repairs" to Vic Park to play games at that dump  ;D
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #223 on: July 22, 2009, 02:32:30 PM »

LMAO AT YOU GUYS WHO SERIOUSLY THOUGHT HE WAS GOING TO COME TO PUNT ROAD

hahahahaha

bucks, eddie r stuffin idiots and malthouse is as well if he stands for that crap

he is a dead man walking

Edit: stop avoiding the swear filter!
« Last Edit: July 22, 2009, 02:53:24 PM by one-eyed »
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #224 on: July 22, 2009, 02:54:42 PM »
Eddie is denying the Collingwood VFL job offer for Bucks

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/81150/default.aspx