Author Topic: Punt Road Oval redevelopment & Indigenous institute [merged]  (Read 123607 times)

jackstar is back again

Re: Punt Road Oval redevelopment & Indigenous institute [merged]
« Reply #285 on: March 14, 2011, 10:12:55 PM »
recruiting wrong type players for a start.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #286 on: March 14, 2011, 10:38:12 PM »
What about the fitness team and strength & conditioning coach....are they any good?
The club that keeps giving.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #287 on: March 15, 2011, 07:04:38 AM »

Maybe they are just pussies. All of them.

They are all pussies.

Hardwick must certainly have thought that after the Adelaide game.   :'(

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #288 on: March 16, 2011, 06:44:35 PM »
Brian Taylor just on 3aw now said the $20m new facility is great but then bagged the fact that you have to fight over a "porthole" in the social club on the 3rd floor to look out onto the ground. Whoever designed it should have put a ceiling to floor window for people to look out of and admire the view. Caro thought it strange as well especially if a eventual Richmond reserves side plays games at Punt Rd.

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #289 on: March 16, 2011, 06:56:18 PM »
Brian Taylor just on 3aw now said the $20m new facility is great but then bagged the fact that you have to fight over a "porthole" in the social club on the 3rd floor to look out onto the ground. Whoever designed it should have put a ceiling to floor window for people to look out of and admire the view. Caro thought it strange as well especially if a eventual Richmond reserves side plays games at Punt Rd.
Definitely agree with this, for $20mil we should have been able to make it with a glass facade, even by still keeping it yellow & black glass

« Reply #290 on: March 16, 2011, 06:59:19 PM »

A RFC reserves side is two years off at the earliest.

Plenty of time to make some modifications so the upper class supporters can have a good view.

:thumbsup

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #291 on: March 16, 2011, 07:50:37 PM »
Definitely agree with this, for $20mil we should have been able to make it with a glass facade, even by still keeping it yellow & black glass

Yeah that's pretty dumb the prothole windows, very dissapointing. If you cant see the hallowed turf it really could be anywhere  :banghead

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #292 on: March 16, 2011, 07:55:10 PM »

Plenty of time to make some modifications so the upper class supporters can have a good view.

Upper class? Me?

:ROTFL
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #293 on: March 16, 2011, 08:27:58 PM »

As a long time upper class supporter, I say, how very dare you dictate what modifications, as you say, are needed for the likes of a character of my ilk.

Now go and tend to my horses you unwashed commoner heathen.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #294 on: March 16, 2011, 08:31:46 PM »

Upper class? Me?

I don't know Al.  I reckon that now we are both Social Club members the standard of the place has just lifted immensely.  And we both look the part hey!   :lol

« Reply #295 on: March 16, 2011, 08:34:27 PM »

Upper class? Me?

or so old and grey that the money doesn't matter because you can't take it with you.

:lol

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #296 on: March 16, 2011, 08:43:28 PM »

I don't know Al.  I reckon that now we are both Social Club members the standard of the place has just lifted immensely.  And we both look the part hey!   :lol

Every where i go the standard seems to rise. I have this innate ability to make those around me seem better than they are.  ;D

or so old and grey that the money doesn't matter because you can't take it with you.

:lol

Probably not too far off the mark.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline RFC_Official

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #297 on: March 16, 2011, 08:54:48 PM »

Yeah that's pretty dumb the prothole windows, very dissapointing. If you cant see the hallowed turf it really could be anywhere  :banghead

You can see the ground as there is a balcony, its just not very big.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #298 on: March 17, 2011, 11:38:22 PM »
Any news from tonight when it will be complete. Opening date has been put back from late last year and we are just one week from the start of the footy season.

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #299 on: March 17, 2011, 11:52:46 PM »
Any news from tonight when it will be complete. Opening date has been put back from late last year and we are just one week from the start of the footy season.
No news, but there isn't much construction going on inside. Looks pretty much ready to go, perhaps a few admin offices that need finishing but that's it. Someone at my table mentioned that Brendan Gale said to him not to touch any black walls, so shows how recent some of it has been.

The big foyer/match prep room (where everyone gathered for drinks at the start of the night), player's gym & social club all look finished to me.