Author Topic: Punt Road Oval redevelopment & Indigenous institute [merged]  (Read 123637 times)

Offline Danog

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Punt Road Oval redevelopment & Indigenous institute [merged]
« Reply #435 on: October 23, 2012, 07:30:25 PM »
Given there's no training over the Christmas-New Year period (late December), it'll now mean we won't be training on Punt Rd Oval until the new year. So presumably back to Vic Park and school and university ovals when preseason training starts in November.

I read Morrabbin
Really?  Where'd you read that?  I'm a lot closer to Morrabbin than Richmond.  Would have a gander.

dwaino

« Reply #436 on: October 23, 2012, 07:38:56 PM »
Given there's no training over the Christmas-New Year period (late December), it'll now mean we won't be training on Punt Rd Oval until the new year. So presumably back to Vic Park and school and university ovals when preseason training starts in November.

I read Morrabbin
Really?  Where'd you read that?  I'm a lot closer to Morrabbin than Richmond.  Would have a gander.

Ditto. Live/work around there so could actually maybe get a peak for once.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #437 on: October 23, 2012, 07:55:46 PM »

I read Morrabbin

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/6301/newsid/150124/default.aspx

While the surface is being prepared, the Tigers will have access to the training facility at St Kilda’s old Moorabbin ground.

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #438 on: October 23, 2012, 08:13:47 PM »

I read Morrabbin

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/6301/newsid/150124/default.aspx

While the surface is being prepared, the Tigers will have access to the training facility at St Kilda’s old Moorabbin ground.

Next time listen to the big Mrakski!
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #439 on: October 24, 2012, 02:15:44 PM »
Richmond_FC twitter:

"When the ground re-dev is done we can have more footy played on Punt Road Oval, like this gem from 1960 vs Sth Melb

https://twitter.com/Richmond_FC/status/260928971972173826/photo/1/large"

Offline rogerd3

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #440 on: October 24, 2012, 03:32:00 PM »
where did they bury the sins of
our last 30 years.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #441 on: October 24, 2012, 03:56:14 PM »
Richmond_FC twitter:

"When the ground re-dev is done we can have more footy played on Punt Road Oval, like this gem from 1960 vs Sth Melb

https://twitter.com/Richmond_FC/status/260928971972173826/photo/1/large"

By the look of the ground and the condition of the jumpers I would suggest that is very very very early on in that game!!

Offline DCrane

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Belle, Richmond PR manager
« Reply #442 on: October 25, 2012, 12:11:40 AM »
By the look of the ground and the condition of the jumpers I would suggest that is very very very early on in that game!!

:lol
Could not have been any later than the first clearance, for a moment I thought it was a third man up in the first rucking contest but it seems they are attempting to mark. Either that or it's a touched up B&W shot.

Anyway great to see the Tigers controlling the 2 best roving positions on their home turf.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #443 on: November 01, 2012, 10:46:53 PM »
I went down to Punt Rd yesterday and took a couple of photos of the re-surfacing.

At the moment they are dumping huge amount of sand for the base. It looks more like a beach than a footy ground at the minute.

One thing I didn't realise is one of the flanks comes right up to the footpath along Punt Rd itself with no boundary fence (as can be seen in the first photo). We might end up with a few footies blocking and hitting traffic lol.

Click on the images to enlarge:

All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #444 on: November 01, 2012, 10:53:10 PM »
I went down to Punt Rd yesterday and took a couple of photos of the re-surfacing.

At the moment they are dumping huge amount of sand for the base. It looks more like a beach than a footy ground at the minute.

One thing I didn't realise is one of the flanks comes right up to the footpath along Punt Rd itself with no boundary fence (as can be seen in the first photo). We might end up with a few footies blocking and hitting traffic lol.

Great pics!

At this rate it will be ready in 2016 :D

Isn't there going to be goals and a net behind where you mentioned the footpath being close?
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #445 on: November 02, 2012, 12:01:59 AM »

Great pics!

At this rate it will be ready in 2016 :D

Isn't there going to be goals and a net behind where you mentioned the footpath being close?
According to the original plans the location of the goals wasn't going to change.

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #446 on: November 02, 2012, 12:21:30 AM »
Gunna have to build a much bigger fence along Punt Road - Way to dangerous and open to liability if footys hit that traffic

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #447 on: November 02, 2012, 12:52:52 AM »
Gunna have to build a much bigger fence along Punt Road - Way to dangerous and open to liability if footys hit that traffic
Or have a Daniel Jackson wayward kicking indemnity clause  ;D.

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #448 on: November 02, 2012, 12:03:47 PM »
Or have a Daniel Jackson wayward kicking indemnity clause  ;D.

Great pics MT! Thanks for the update.

Yep ipso facto Jacko cause stacko.  ;D

Offline smasha

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #449 on: November 02, 2012, 05:27:46 PM »
They could just put a big net up behind that end.