Author Topic: Shane Edwards [merged]  (Read 272056 times)

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
Re: Shane Edwards [merged]
« Reply #2415 on: August 04, 2019, 12:50:45 PM »
Buddysucks & Jack must've both watched the match through locked gates.... :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2416 on: August 04, 2019, 01:31:10 PM »
They watched a different game to me. Consistently missed targets by foot and hand, sold team mates into trouble in order to avoid any absorbing any physical contact.

Agree

Dusty went at 50% efficiency

Prestia at 71%

And Edwards went at 74%, but "consistently missed targets"  :o
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2417 on: August 04, 2019, 02:02:06 PM »
Quite a few of Dusty’s kicks were centre clearances that were quick ball to boot type kicks just pushing it forward so I wouldn’t rely on those stats to give us a clear indication of ball use. Some of Dusty’s kicks though set up goals or kicks that should have been goals (Riewoldt). Very few players can set things up like Dusty....... :shh

He was fantastic last night...... :shh
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2418 on: August 04, 2019, 02:04:04 PM »
Quite a few of Dusty’s kicks were centre clearances that were quick ball to boot type kicks just pushing it forward so I wouldn’t rely on those stats to give us a clear indication of ball use. Some of Dusty’s kicks though set up goals or kicks that should have been goals (Riewoldt). Very few players can set things up like Dusty....... :shh

I thought Dusty was very good but Edwards better.

Point I was making is people are suggesting Edwards "consistently missed targets". He didn't his hands were elite last night

Offline Dont Argue

• Jack Dyer medallist
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #2419 on: August 04, 2019, 06:35:52 PM »

Point I was making is people are suggesting Edwards "consistently missed targets". He didn't his hands were elite last night

Watch the replay carefully. Edwards disposal in the first half was atrocious. Make sure your vision considers handballing to teammates knees and ankles.
Sensational second half.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2019, 06:51:15 PM by Dont Argue »

Jackstar is back!!!

« Reply #2420 on: August 04, 2019, 06:49:17 PM »
Buddysucks & Jack must've both watched the match through locked gates.... :shh

M16 actually , you ?

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2421 on: August 04, 2019, 08:10:06 PM »

Watch the replay carefully. Edwards disposal in the first half was atrocious. Make sure your vision considers handballing to teammates knees and ankles.
Sensational second half.

Have watched the replay, and have to say applying the same standards  Dusty's disposal in the first half was atrocious as well  :rollin

Offline Dont Argue

• Jack Dyer medallist
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #2422 on: August 04, 2019, 09:57:46 PM »

Sensational second half.

Have watched the replay, and have to say applying the same standards  Dusty's disposal in the first half was atrocious as well  :rollin

Thought this was the Edwards thread?  :banghead

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2423 on: August 05, 2019, 12:46:50 AM »
From Robbo's "likes" column ...

5 EVERYWHERE MAN

Shane Edwards continues to put up an argument as the most versatile player in the competition. In Round 1 he played wing-forward. In Round 2 he was an inside mid-forward. Rounds 3-15, it was halfback. Rounds 16-17 he was back to inside mid-forward. Round 18 it was wing-half back and Round 19 on the wing. On Saturday night it was almost purely as an inside midfielder. His cleanness and smarts were as important as Dusty Martin’s 30-plus touches and I will be keen to know who coach Damien Hardwick gives his maximum votes to in the coaches’ award. Edwards attended the second most centre bounces of any Tiger and won the most clearances. He is the 24th highest rated player in the league and the highest-rated player who isn’t a midfielder or ruckman.

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/the-tackle-mark-robinsons-likes-and-dislikes-from-round-20/news-story/d7b58490d0617df98e883105219bda10

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Shane Edwards - 250th game this week [merged]
« Reply #2424 on: August 06, 2019, 02:07:56 PM »
Shane Edwards is currently sitting 250th on the VFL/AFL all-time games played list, and is also due to play his 250th game against Carlton. The lively midfielder has played the sixth-most VFL/AFL games by an indigenous player.

Sheds is also averaging over 20 disposals per game for the first time in his career (21.2).

Sources:
AFL website
https://afltables.com/afl/stats/players/S/Shane_Edwards.html

:clapping

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Shane Edwards - 250th game this week [merged]
« Reply #2425 on: August 07, 2019, 05:40:27 PM »
250 games hey?

Seems to be going ok for a player who's apparently no good.

:lol

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #2426 on: August 07, 2019, 05:54:43 PM »
Have you learnt the names of any of our other 43 players yet?  :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2427 on: August 07, 2019, 06:20:36 PM »
For a bloke who averages around 20 disposals a game he sure does a ton of damage. Best hands in the league IMO, and quite a reliable/contested player.

Makes me feel really good to see him earn some accolades. Milestones, acting captain, premiership, AA. Deserves it all!

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2429 on: August 09, 2019, 05:09:28 PM »
There was a point in time where our backs where against the wall yet again and it looked like we need a number of changes, Board, Coaching Panel, Playing group etc and even I came to the conclusion that if we needed to rebuild it might be better to let him go to S.A

I'm so glad I and others were wrong.

Absolute jet, best hands in the business, Premiership player and probably stiff not to be the Norm Smith Medallist in 2017

Also one of the nicest blokes from the playing group who appears genuinely happy to spend time with the fans

Well done on 250 games and here's hoping for another 100 or more

The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S