Author Topic: Shane Edwards [merged]  (Read 266628 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Shane Edwards [merged]
« on: November 25, 2006, 10:23:37 AM »
Shane Edwards
« Last Edit: August 04, 2022, 06:22:10 PM by one-eyed »
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Pick 26: Shane Edwards
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2006, 10:46:08 AM »
Nth Adelaide 25/10/1988 179.6 68.6

Why do we pick so skinny kids  :-\

Offline Mopsy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Once a Tiger always a Tiger
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2006, 11:21:47 AM »
They are skinny because they are still kids who play sport and eat correctly
not kids who live at maccas and in front of the tv or playing computer games

Bulluss

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2006, 11:33:20 AM »
From Bluey's post

36. Essendon - Shane Edwards
My Ranking:  46

Extremely quick and athletic small winger/flanker. Has absolutely electric pace and loves to burn his way off half back flank and through the midfield. Has a very good long kick but can tend to be a bit wayward when he tries to kick without steadying himself. Also played quite well in some senior games in the SANFL and shown himself to be a talent. At this stage requires a bit of development and coaching, but he does possess the prized asset of speed, which in today's game every club is dying to get their hands on. Great project for Sheeds to work on as an athletic player with massive potential. N Brown could be an option if they don't draft MacKenzie.

Bulluss

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2006, 11:40:53 AM »
14 - ADELAIDE - SHANE EDWARDS
North Adelaide, 25 October 1988, 179.6cm, 68.6kg

Unless Sellar falls through to No.14, expect Adelaide to snap up Edwards with its first selection. The local lad is rated enormously by the Crows and if they don't pounce now, he won't be around by the time their have their second pick at No.32, with Port Adelaide, Richmond and Collingwood just some of the clubs in the mix in the second round. The Crows will also monitor Reid, Petterd and Hislop closely with its first pick, although both players look set to be taken by Melbourne or Richmond at No.12 or No.13 respectively. West Adelaide's Chris Schmidt and North Ballarat's Shaun Grigg are not without a chance at this selection.

Highlights/achievements: Classy, quick midfielder who is smart around goals and evasive. Played 10 games of senior football this year after progressing from the U19's and represented SA at U18 level. Has excellent skills under pressure. Ranked in the top four per cent of participants in the beep test and 3km time trial at the NAB AFL Draft Camp (15.4 beep test/10.00sec 3km). From Golden Grove F.C.

http://afl.com.au/default.asp?pg=news&spg=display&articleid=307324

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2006, 01:08:57 PM »

Ramps

« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2006, 01:30:19 PM »
Will be a player I reckon. Its a fair decision, a couple of players like Hislop & Djekurra were taken. Fair enough. Hes a skinny kid but we gotta get him another 8 to 10kgs over the next 2 years. A fair  Selection. No complaints.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2006, 05:13:39 AM »
From Weaver's phantom draft on BF:

10. Shane Edwards - Very much an outside winger with electric pace and long-kicking. Loves open-spaces and showed some toughness in the SANFL that belied his light frame. Can be wasteful when he runs too far and doesn’t steady before kicking. Has good form in senior company, finishing the season very strongly and moving up the draft board. Has no left foot which could be a problem.

Offline blaisee

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2006, 07:06:48 AM »
the club believes edwards could become one of the best outside midfielders in the league within the next three years.

he has explosive 20 m speed, elite endurance and great skill

he will be a better player than jordan mcmahon, and lynsey gilbee put together.

will play the dale thomas role......better than thomas.

Barr up, and lock yourselves in the mens room felles this bloke is gunna rock our world.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2006, 12:19:41 PM »

I reckon they are skinny because they aren't eating the foods that will build them up -  e.g. lots of steaks from protein ;D and not doing the other types of training that help in the muscle area e.g the weights. This seems to the norm rather than the exception for the kids that come from interstate. Look at the kids out of the TAC cup and they are in most cases generally bigger because the program here does focus on the other areas

Guarantee you the first thing that the Club will do is set up special diets for all these kids.

If that doesn't work I'll throw 'em a BBQ  ;D
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Mopsy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2006, 07:44:13 PM »

I reckon they are skinny because they aren't eating the foods that will build them up -  e.g. lots of steaks from protein ;D and not doing the other types of training that help in the muscle area e.g the weights. This seems to the norm rather than the exception for the kids that come from interstate. Look at the kids out of the TAC cup and they are in most cases generally bigger because the program here does focus on the other areas

Guarantee you the first thing that the Club will do is set up special diets for all these kids.

If that doesn't work I'll throw 'em a BBQ  ;D
Not at Maccas I hope WP

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2006, 07:45:16 PM »
the club believes edwards could become one of the best outside midfielders in the league within the next three years.

he has explosive 20 m speed, elite endurance and great skill

he will be a better player than jordan mcmahon, and lynsey gilbee put together.

will play the dale thomas role......better than thomas.

Barr up, and lock yourselves in the mens room felles this bloke is gunna rock our world.

Great if it happens but it's a big call to say within the next 3 years. Gilbee was drafted in 1999 at pick 43 (same draft as Fiora  :scream) and McMahon in 2000. It's taken them 5-6 years to develop to where they are now.

Offline bluey_21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Road Runner
« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2006, 07:47:08 PM »
From Bluey's post

36. Essendon - Shane Edwards
My Ranking:  46

Extremely quick and athletic small winger/flanker. Has absolutely electric pace and loves to burn his way off half back flank and through the midfield. Has a very good long kick but can tend to be a bit wayward when he tries to kick without steadying himself. Also played quite well in some senior games in the SANFL and shown himself to be a talent. At this stage requires a bit of development and coaching, but he does possess the prized asset of speed, which in today's game every club is dying to get their hands on. Great project for Sheeds to work on as an athletic player with massive potential. N Brown could be an option if they don't draft MacKenzie.

I know I had him a fair way down, but there is plenty to like about Edwards, and I was very pleased to get him at 26.

Runs like the wind and is classy, fits right into TW's gameplan.  :thumbsup

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2006, 08:17:24 PM »
Not at Maccas I hope WP

:rollin

No Mopsy - a proper BBQ - big blade steaks or even T-Bones, with some marinated chicken fillets for good measure :thumbsup

My BBQ's are legendary  ;D
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Mopsy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2006, 11:00:21 PM »
Not at Maccas I hope WP

:rollin

No Mopsy - a proper BBQ - big blade steaks or even T-Bones, with some marinated chicken fillets for good measure :thumbsup

My BBQ's are legendary  ;D
Would you like my char-grilled salmon recipe?