Author Topic: Tigers’ Flea Amigos - Rioli, Castagna & Butler - have special buzz (Herald-Sun)  (Read 33456 times)

Online MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
If you want to be on the big stage...you have to be able to perform

dwaino

Always thought Castagna was a better shot for goal but he has been putrid lately.

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
I don't have a problem with any of them. They have all preformed at different stages of this year. And a big reason we are where we are.
They are all young and inexperienced and dropping any of them should be just seen as part of their learning. It doesn't mean anything other than it's time for a rest or to get back some confidence.
I know we have just come back from a bye but sometimes it just a rest from the "big stage" not a rest from a game of footy.

Rotate them all on form and watch them realise that this isn't just going to happen. Hard work is needed both physically and mentally. I think this would benifit Rioli and and more so Butler as I already think George knows he needs to improve in most parts of his game.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with going back for a week or two to get some confidence.

Offline Heart of Darkness

• Premiership Captain
I can't stand Butler. He lairises around and some of his efforts/ errors are diabolical.

All 3 were ordinary but he'd be the first I'd drop.

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
Butler needs to get rid of the stuffing pill instead of stuffing around with it, has done it every game needs that kicked out of him asap
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline crackertiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
They were dominated by their opponents yesterday. Was a shocking performance. Please learn how to take a contested mark boys and compete..

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
Rioli has been poor for 4-6 weeks.

Castagna's set shots for goal are terrible.

Butler's pace has deserted him.

You'd have thought a week off would do them wonders, but it did nothing.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Tiger cubs continue to shine

Lively, young Richmond small forwards Jason Castagna and Dan Butler continue to feature prominently among the competition’s rising star contenders in a variety of key categories this season.

Castagna, who kicked two goals in the Tigers’ 26-point victory over Carlton at the MCG last Sunday, is second on the rising stars’ goalkicking list with an overall tally of 15 after 14 home-and-away rounds (13 games all-up), just three behind Brisbane’s Eric Hipwood.

The 20-year-old Tiger (he turns 21 on July 12) has scored multiple goals four times, with a best return of four against Brisbane at the Gabba in Round 4.

He is third on Richmond’s goalkicking list and is ranked first among rising stars for marks inside 50, third for inside-50 entries, fourth for contested possessions and seventh for tackles.

Butler, 21, is equal third among rising stars for goals, with a total of 13 goals (in 11 games), including two against the Blues last Sunday.

He’s also booted multiple goals on four occasions, is fourth on the Tigers’ goalkicking table, and ranks first among rising stars for total bounces, fourth for inside-50 entries, fourth for goal assists, fifth for marks inside 50 and fifth for tackles.

To be eligible to be nominated for the AFL’s Rising Star award, a player must be younger than 21 years of age on 1 January of the award year and have played 10 or fewer senior games before the start of the season.

Butler received a Rising Star nomination following an impressive two-goal performance in Richmond’s Round 11 victory over North Melbourne at Etihad Stadium.

Fellow Tiger skilful, speedy small forward Daniel Rioli, who was a Rising Star nominee late in his 2016 debut season of AFL football, has kicked 12 goals in 13 games this year and been a valuable contributor for the team through his strong defensive pressure.

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2017-06-28/tiger-cubs-continue-to-shine

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Talk about resting / managing / dropping Amigos

They are making it quite difficult.

Butler looked ordinary last week - smashed it last night .
Castagna got us going last week .
Rioli has been quiet lately- but his goal last night was pure silk .

To borrow a cricket analogy - this is a case of " if Lillee doesn't get you Thommo will "

Almost 50 Amigo goals this year .
Unleash the tornado

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Trying to find positives after watching 2 hours of slop  :-\.

6 goals from our small forwards is at least one positive. Butler now with 20 goals for the year.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Online The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
Trying to find positives after watching 2 hours of slop  :-\.

6 goals from our small forwards is at least one positive. Butler now with 20 goals for the year.

Yep a great result considering they were all just ok today. Strange game to watch...so many errors. Broard looked ok i thought.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
I thought Butler was a bit more than okay. Had a few bad moments (dropped mark comes to mind) but 3 goals, 16 disposals and 7 tackles is good by any standard

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
I thought Butler was a bit more than okay. Had a few bad moments (dropped mark comes to mind) but 3 goals, 16 disposals and 7 tackles is good by any standard
Seriously good numbers but there is something NQR about this kid. At times he looks disinterested??

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
with those numbers I would say he was mildly interested
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
with those numbers I would say he was mildly interested
Do you not know what I mean?

Sometimes he might take on a tackler, but gets caught and just conceeds being holding the ball without so much as him trying to get a handball.