Author Topic: Ben Griffiths [merged]  (Read 454808 times)

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
Re: Ben Griffiths [merged]
« Reply #2865 on: July 18, 2016, 02:34:41 PM »
Took some great contested marks this week. l hope this lad turns into a great CHF

Who was he playing on, Dea?  Gwilt?
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline TigerMonk

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2866 on: July 18, 2016, 02:37:10 PM »
Took some great contested marks this week. l hope this lad turns into a great CHF

Who was he playing on, Dea?  Gwilt?

Do you take strong meds ? Gwilt was on the bench out of the game early  :lol

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #2867 on: July 18, 2016, 02:38:04 PM »
I didn't watch it yet Shirley that's why I asked
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2868 on: July 18, 2016, 02:52:46 PM »

Agree. He is a very good mark. If his consistency improves he will become a very good player.

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #2869 on: July 18, 2016, 04:39:35 PM »
Heard an interesting Timor today from a guy who is on the know saying that Hawthorn have been in Griffiths ear for some time now and are a very good chance to lure him across.
I for one am certainly keen to see him re signed asap.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2870 on: July 18, 2016, 05:05:13 PM »
Heard an interesting Timor today from a guy who is on the know saying that Hawthorn have been in Griffiths ear for some time now and are a very good chance to lure him across.

Get Vickery to cut his hair and put a helmet on him and pass him off as griffiths

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #2871 on: July 18, 2016, 05:20:59 PM »
...and wear a shyte load of padding....

...not fussed if Griffith goes.....especially if it indirectly helps us get someone like Patton or Tomlinson across.... :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Raoul Duke

• Premiership Captain
  • Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
« Reply #2872 on: July 18, 2016, 05:22:02 PM »
You never know with the  Hawks might be inclined to part with their 1st with the right deal.
The possibility of physical and mental collapse is now very real. No sympathy for the Devil, keep that in mind. Buy the ticket, take the ride.

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2873 on: July 18, 2016, 11:49:47 PM »

...not fussed if Griffith goes.....especially if it indirectly helps us get someone like Patton or Tomlinson across.... :shh
I'd definitely get rid of him.
It's players like Griff that hold this club back.
He takes some nice marks against Essendon but then goes missing for another few weeks. Same with Vickery. We must move forward from players like these two. We need guys that are at least willing to work hard when they might not be having a great day getting the footy. It's like playing two short most games with these two up forward.
These two epitomise the bad culture of this club IMO. 
Griff is a highlight package and Vickery doesn't know what he has until it's gone.
Another couple of wasted draft picks, let's try and at least upgrade on them while we can.
Vickery to Carlton
Griff to Hawthorn.
Now who else can we get rid of??

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2874 on: July 20, 2016, 09:12:12 PM »

Get Vickery to cut his hair and put a helmet on him and pass him off as griffiths
:lol

Offline Raoul Duke

• Premiership Captain
  • Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
« Reply #2875 on: July 21, 2016, 12:40:48 AM »

I'd definitely get rid of him.
It's players like Griff that hold this club back.
He takes some nice marks against Essendon but then goes missing for another few weeks. Same with Vickery. We must move forward from players like these two. We need guys that are at least willing to work hard when they might not be having a great day getting the footy. It's like playing two short most games with these two up forward.
These two epitomise the bad culture of this club IMO. 
Griff is a highlight package and Vickery doesn't know what he has until it's gone.
Another couple of wasted draft picks, let's try and at least upgrade on them while we can.
Vickery to Carlton
Griff to Hawthorn.
Now who else can we get rid of??
I'd move both on too, would add Edwards, Bwandon, Conca and Houli if there was any chance of a good deal in there.
Should be amassing as many early picks and then dangling them in front of clubs to pry an elite player or 2 our way,then worry about the money side of things.
The possibility of physical and mental collapse is now very real. No sympathy for the Devil, keep that in mind. Buy the ticket, take the ride.

Offline Fluffy Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes I was realy born in Richmond
    • Canning A.R.T.S.
« Reply #2876 on: July 21, 2016, 12:35:45 PM »
Im of the opinion that you dont trade out bigs that you have put 4 years into and are just starting to see the fruits of keeping them. He and Astbury are both keys to us going forward. Sign them and keep them for me.
Here , kitty kitty. Here , kitty kitty.   AAAUGH!

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2877 on: July 21, 2016, 02:21:29 PM »
Im of the opinion that you dont trade out bigs that you have put 4 years into and are just starting to see the fruits of keeping them. He and Astbury are both keys to us going forward. Sign them and keep them for me.

Agree

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2878 on: July 21, 2016, 02:45:26 PM »

What about bigs who we've put 7 years into (almost). Because that's where Griff is at

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2879 on: July 21, 2016, 03:10:11 PM »
To me it's who we get to replace him with. If it's a skinny 200cm player who is 18 and have to wait 4 more years to see if he's any good, it is a NO.

If it means we get a Tomlinson and Steele in, it's a yes.

We've invested a lot in Griffiths. The rest of the year will also help with decision making.
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.