Author Topic: Ben Griffiths [merged]  (Read 460249 times)

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Ben Griffiths [merged]
« Reply #2895 on: July 22, 2016, 03:14:21 PM »
I made a error, and corrected it. Best I can. Dont think it deserves any more comments on it as my real point has sort of been lost in it.

I think we should keep a tall player that has just started to show what he can do after 59 games.  Trading him now would be a mistake IMHO. Same goes for Astbury

When do people expect talls to show what they can do?  20 Games,  50 games, 80 Games or like Vickery 119 games.
Don't let a few good games fool you Fluff.
True he has only played 59 games but as already said more importantly he has been on our list nearly 7 years. How much longer do you give a guy?
What if this time next year he has teased you with the same output as this year? Does he then get another year??
This year he has played 11 games for 14 goals and 5 of those were in one game. A KPF after 7 years should have a better record than that surely.
Last year 13 games for 12 goals.

Offline Fluffy Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes I was realy born in Richmond
    • Canning A.R.T.S.
« Reply #2896 on: July 22, 2016, 03:37:35 PM »
I made a error, and corrected it. Best I can. Dont think it deserves any more comments on it as my real point has sort of been lost in it.

I think we should keep a tall player that has just started to show what he can do after 59 games.  Trading him now would be a mistake IMHO. Same goes for Astbury

When do people expect talls to show what they can do?  20 Games,  50 games, 80 Games or like Vickery 119 games.
Don't let a few good games fool you Fluff.
True he has only played 59 games but as already said more importantly he has been on our list nearly 7 years. How much longer do you give a guy?
What if this time next year he has teased you with the same output as this year? Does he then get another year??
This year he has played 11 games for 14 goals and 5 of those were in one game. A KPF after 7 years should have a better record than that surely.
Last year 13 games for 12 goals.

I have always been bullish about him, not just the "few good" games. I know he has many injuries and so people say he is made of paper. I know some say he is soft. I know some say he doesn't kick enough goals. I just have watched him carefully. I like what I see when he rucks, I like how he pairs very well with who ever is the main ruck. I like the positions he gets too. I like his contest at the ball, like his hands and like his boot. Too me I see everything we need as a 2nd kpf/ruck. Maybe I am wrong but for me I would be loathed to see that talent and the amount of time we have put into him wasted or even worse kicking some goals against us.

Now Vickery is a different story, don't see any of that in him
Here , kitty kitty. Here , kitty kitty.   AAAUGH!

Online camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2897 on: July 22, 2016, 05:58:28 PM »
Griff will stay , TV with go, you don't let players go when the start to live up to their potential
Remember when people wanted to trade Rance and even Jack
Vickery needs to go because shows no endeavour and spirt not because he hasn't got the ability

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2898 on: July 22, 2016, 06:02:51 PM »
Let's see how the rest of his year pans out. Average less than say 3 marks and a goal a game he should be tossed. IF he maintains his form throughout the rest of the year. Chuck him a bone (1 year) but he'd have to damn well perform next year

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2899 on: July 22, 2016, 08:30:53 PM »
Griff will stay , TV with go, you don't let players go when the start to live up to their potential
Vickery needs to go because shows no endeavour and spirt not because he hasn't got the ability
I don't think Griff shows endeavour or spirit either. Far from it.
They both need to be shown the door.

But if you are going on records Vickery has got him well and truely covered.

Online camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2900 on: July 22, 2016, 09:58:46 PM »
Not our decision anyway thank goodness , it will be intestering to see who's closer to the mark but most tiger supporters would take griff over vickery

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2901 on: July 22, 2016, 10:08:47 PM »

100%. Whilst I don't rate either, it still baffles me how some think Griffiths is a better prospect

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2902 on: July 22, 2016, 10:18:43 PM »

100%. Whilst I don't rate either, it still baffles me how some think Griffiths is a better prospect
I guess it's because he can play in the ruck and around the ground without collapsing in a blubbering mess. Vickery's endurance is putrid rendering him useless. So unless he's ducking out the back for a cheapie or outmarking a midget and then shooting for goal, he contributes very little to the team.
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #2903 on: July 23, 2016, 03:13:07 AM »

I guess it's because he can play in the ruck and around the ground without collapsing in a blubbering mess. Vickery's endurance is putrid rendering him useless. So unless he's ducking out the back for a cheapie or outmarking a midget and then shooting for goal, he contributes very little to the team.

Ill add to that, that Vickery actually avoids contact in ruck contests. Not always but maybe 1 in 6 or so.
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2904 on: July 23, 2016, 10:16:12 AM »

your saying griffiths hasnt done this before. LMFAO.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2905 on: July 24, 2016, 08:35:05 PM »
Gifted Hawthorn to easy goals and back to missing easy set shots.
A day to forget for big benny.
Unleash the tornado

Offline Fluffy Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes I was realy born in Richmond
    • Canning A.R.T.S.
« Reply #2906 on: July 24, 2016, 08:50:26 PM »

True. A day to forget for about 18 of the 22. And for all us supporters.

One thing I will say is that those that think he should play back should have a look at this game. He is not a natural defender.
Here , kitty kitty. Here , kitty kitty.   AAAUGH!

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2907 on: July 24, 2016, 08:51:23 PM »
Once Cyril gotin his head after that slip in the 2nd, he was done for the day. Till  then he was alright, after that crap
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #2908 on: July 24, 2016, 08:59:29 PM »
Still waiting for that sequel to Sydney....
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2909 on: July 24, 2016, 10:35:37 PM »

True. A day to forget for about 18 of the 22. And for all us supporters.

One thing I will say is that those that think he should play back should have a look at this game. He is not a natural defender.
Did you watch him carefully today Fluff?

The couple of good things he does do get overshadowed by the crap stuff he does.

I also thought his ruck work today was pi55 weak. He never fought for front position at boundary throw ins. Happy to try and lean over the ruckman in front.

He is passionless