Author Topic: Ben Griffiths [merged]  (Read 457229 times)

Offline Fluffy Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes I was realy born in Richmond
    • Canning A.R.T.S.
Re: Ben Griffiths [merged]
« Reply #2880 on: July 21, 2016, 04:20:45 PM »
Im of the opinion that you dont trade out bigs that you have put 4 years into and are just starting to see the fruits of keeping them. He and Astbury are both keys to us going forward. Sign them and keep them for me.

What about bigs who we've put 7 years into (almost). Because that's where Griff is at

Sorry, we have put 5 years into him not 4. He is half way though his 6th season as is Astbury. Drafted Nov 2009. Both have missed large amounts of those seasons though injury. My point is that we have spent this time, can see the rewards coming (well I can) so keep for me. Actually if you look at that draft there are some interesting things.

Fyfe at 20, but every other club missed him.
Dusty at 3, think he is only really coming into his best this year.
Gawn at 34, again only really coming into his best this year.  Would of be considered a bust pick until mid last year when he busted out.

Infact there are not many in that draft that have really shown great form until this year and many that have shown no form at all. Not the deepest pool that year and not many of the Bigs have had a great impact yet but can see there is something there (Vardy, Black, etc).
Here , kitty kitty. Here , kitty kitty.   AAAUGH!

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #2881 on: July 21, 2016, 04:32:43 PM »
All depends on what we can get for em.

Offline Raoul Duke

• Premiership Captain
  • Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
« Reply #2882 on: July 21, 2016, 04:57:59 PM »
All depends on what we can get for em.
Exactly.
Good picks or player on offer, sell.
Ordinary picks or player on offer,keep.

The possibility of physical and mental collapse is now very real. No sympathy for the Devil, keep that in mind. Buy the ticket, take the ride.

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2883 on: July 21, 2016, 08:45:45 PM »
Im of the opinion that you dont trade out bigs that you have put 4 years into and are just starting to see the fruits of keeping them. He and Astbury are both keys to us going forward. Sign them and keep them for me.

What about bigs who we've put 7 years into (almost). Because that's where Griff is at

Sorry, we have put 5 years into him not 4. He is half way though his 6th season as is Astbury. Drafted Nov 2009. Both have missed large amounts of those seasons though injury. My point is that we have spent this time, can see the rewards coming (well I can) so keep for me. Actually if you look at that draft there are some interesting things.

Gawn at 34, again only really coming into his best this year.  Would of be considered a bust pick until mid last year when he busted out.

Infact there are not many in that draft that have really shown great form until this year and many that have shown no form at all. Not the deepest pool that year and not many of the Bigs have had a great impact yet but can see there is something there (Vardy, Black, etc).
In 6 weeks time we have put 7 seasons into him.
Do the math!
With the return of about a half dozen better than average games.
He is the perfect example of how this club is run.

Offline lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #2884 on: July 21, 2016, 10:36:24 PM »
I don't doubt that Griff bleeds yellow and black and from my point of view I think he always attacks the ball and has a dip. The biggest issue for me is his body is made of balsa wood and he can never string together enough games to take his game to the next level. if I were to use a crude analogy it this were a game of monopoly Ben is pretty much always going to jail and never passing go.

Unfortunately if your body can't stand up to the rigours of AFL football the club should off load him. It's a shame for me because talent/ability wise I think he has it but his body for whatever reason can't take the knocks.

Offline Fluffy Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
    • Canning A.R.T.S.
« Reply #2885 on: July 21, 2016, 11:15:55 PM »

Do the math!

Yes you at correct, this is his 7th season. I still don't think we should trade him as I can see him tacking that next step.  He has only played 59 games, about half of what Vickery has been given and to me has shown more upside. You can't see that, I do. Np we all see things differently. Not going to get into the running of the club as I have no information as to what happens behind the scenes.

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2886 on: July 21, 2016, 11:27:13 PM »

Do the math!

Yes you at correct, this is his 7th season. I still don't think we should trade him as I can see him tacking that next step.  He has only played 59 games, about half of what Vickery has been given and to me has shown more upside. You can't see that, I do. Np we all see things differently. Not going to get into the running of the club as I have no information as to what happens behind the scenes.
Fair enough.
But for me he has only played 59 games out of a possible 160 odd because he is soft mentally and physically. And even when he was fit during his time, his form wasn't at AFL standard hence him not getting a game. A guy that kicks the footy 60m and is 200cm will get picked on potential unles he is doing something drastically wrong.
I blame DH for a lot of stuff but not the lack of development of Griffiths.
7 years is more than enough time to make the spot his in the side.
We need competitive animals in every position on the ground and Griff hasn't got an aggressive bone in his body.
Trade!

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2887 on: July 21, 2016, 11:52:50 PM »
Trade vickery but keep Griffiths Is the same as sacking hackson and keeping hartley

All 4 have been pathetic
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2888 on: July 22, 2016, 12:26:33 AM »

Drafted him Nov 2009 and he started training late 2009. How does that equate to 5 years?
« Last Edit: July 22, 2016, 06:49:37 AM by WilliamPowell »

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2889 on: July 22, 2016, 08:13:37 AM »
In okay with getting rid of vickery, McBean, b Ellis, Houli and these types because I think they've well and truely reached their ceiling. However I don't think griff has. He could really become something. Give him 1 more year.

Offline Fluffy Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
    • Canning A.R.T.S.
« Reply #2890 on: July 22, 2016, 08:38:12 AM »

Drafted him Nov 2009 and he started training late 2009. How does that equate to 5 years?

Maybe read the full thread before commenting. You will see where I have acknowledged the error.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2891 on: July 22, 2016, 09:27:25 AM »

Maybe read the full thread before commenting. You will see where I have acknowledged the error.

Good  on ya Fluffy, some on here have not only made innocent errors but outright lies and have refused to admit it when called out on it. You know who you are.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2892 on: July 22, 2016, 11:21:14 AM »

It took someone else correcting you on top of me already trying to correct you from your original comment of 4 years. Why am I supposed to assume to keep reading because maybe he'll listen to someone else

Offline Fluffy Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
    • Canning A.R.T.S.
« Reply #2893 on: July 22, 2016, 11:37:29 AM »
I made a error, and corrected it. Best I can. Dont think it deserves any more comments on it as my real point has sort of been lost in it.

I think we should keep a tall player that has just started to show what he can do after 59 games.  Trading him now would be a mistake IMHO. Same goes for Astbury

When do people expect talls to show what they can do?  20 Games,  50 games, 80 Games or like Vickery 119 games.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2894 on: July 22, 2016, 01:06:15 PM »
I made a error, and corrected it. Best I can. Dont think it deserves any more comments on it as my real point has sort of been lost in it.

I think we should keep a tall player that has just started to show what he can do after 59 games.  Trading him now would be a mistake IMHO. Same goes for Astbury

When do people expect talls to show what they can do?  20 Games,  50 games, 80 Games or like Vickery 119 games.

You showed what you could do straight away Fluffy some others never ever own up to a downright lie let alone an simple error

You know who you are