Author Topic: Deledio off to GWS in exchange for future first & third round picks [confirmed]  (Read 176089 times)

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Fell out of love with tigers = Hardwicks ridiculous game plan .

Most of us feel the same . We love the tigers but at the moment are not in love with the tigers.
Unleash the tornado

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
Looks uglier and older LOL

Looks fine. I expect him to have a stronger 2017 than Hunt, Morris, Lambert ..

You forgot to mention his best mate Grigg....
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Sadly it is probable that Lids will never get back to his best and injuries will cut short his career.

Offloading him for the picks we got will in time prove to be one of the best list management decisions done in ages

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/teams/gws/brett-deledio-making-slow-progress-from-calf-injury-but-plans-to-play-round-1-for-gws/news-story/129c86869a3d6dcb884c92d68246ef2f

The 29-year-old’s preparation again hit a hurdle at his new home when the problem resurfaced in early February.

“The calf’s going well. I’ve made a fair bit of progress (but) it’s been very slow and steady,” Deledio told Fox Footy on Monday.

Dougeytherichmondfan

Looks uglier and older LOL
Looks fine. I expect him to have a stronger 2017 than Hunt, Morris, Lambert ..

You forgot to mention his best mate Grigg....
All of whom GWS gladly would have traded first round picks in this years "super draft" for... :rollin

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
Sadly it is probable that Lids will never get back to his best and injuries will cut short his career.

Offloading him for the picks we got will in time prove to be one of the best list management decisions done in ages

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/teams/gws/brett-deledio-making-slow-progress-from-calf-injury-but-plans-to-play-round-1-for-gws/news-story/129c86869a3d6dcb884c92d68246ef2f

The 29-year-old’s preparation again hit a hurdle at his new home when the problem resurfaced in early February.

“The calf’s going well. I’ve made a fair bit of progress (but) it’s been very slow and steady,” Deledio told Fox Footy on Monday.

Called it a long time ago and agree it will be seen as a great list management decision. Saying that however, I don't think it'll go down as a bad one for the Giants as Deledio should be fit and firing by finals time, something we didn't need to consider :shh

Offline Slipper

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Lids looks well and truly cooked and even if he pulls a rabbit out of the hat late in the season at GWS, I can't see him being there next year.

Which begs the question would he be worth talking a punt on as a free agent if he doesn't retire?

I am guessing that he might well not be interested in coming back to Richmond, but from a footy perspective, would you take a punt on him?
« Last Edit: June 09, 2017, 08:37:11 PM by Slipper »

Offline tdy

• RFC Hall of Fame
I wouldn't it's a waste of a list spot for 12 games at best and probably only 6 would be good as he'd take time to get up to speed.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
I think we got rid of the kids balls for him to kick, would have to buy some more

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
Lids looks well and truly cooked and even if he pulls a hat out of the rabbit late in the season at GWS, I can't see him being there next year.

Sounds painful for the rabbit....
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Slipper

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Lids looks well and truly cooked and even if he pulls a hat out of the rabbit late in the season at GWS, I can't see him being there next year.

Sounds painful for the rabbit....

OOPS

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟

Called it a long time ago and agree it will be seen as a great list management decision. Saying that however, I don't think it'll go down as a bad one for the Giants as Deledio should be fit and firing by finals time, something we didn't need to consider :shh

Chuck was the first to call it on this website.

This being the case, lets put the matter to bed and focus on the topic.
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
I was actually first to call it (along with Dan Butler)
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
I called both when I was born, and I'm older than most here! ;D
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.