Author Topic: Deledio off to GWS in exchange for future first & third round picks [confirmed]  (Read 176076 times)

Online Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
Best trade we ever did by a long long way......
I'd say 2016 pick 6 and 2017 second rounder for Prestia, Caddy and the pick that would be Graham was our best trade by a long way.

Especially if the former 2 help land Lynch  :shh :shh

But that's why we post on OER right? To hash these things out.  :gotigers
What about October 1993, when Tiger captain, Jeff Hogg, went to Fitzroy in exchange for three Lion players – Paul Broderick, Michael Gale and Matthew Dundas.  :shh
The club that keeps giving.

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
I'd say 2016 pick 6 and 2017 second rounder for Prestia, Caddy and the pick that would be Graham was our best trade by a long way.

What about October 1993, when Tiger captain, Jeff Hogg, went to Fitzroy in exchange for three Lion players – Paul Broderick, Michael Gale and Matthew Dundas.  :shh

don't forget the football net also went in that trade.

Online MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
Prestia was part of this trade wasn't he?
If yes, ironic, both are injured with a similar calf prob.?
I hope Prestias injury is sorted out soon.

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame

If that had won us a premiership, then yes, but it didn't, so I say no. :shh
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Dougeytherichmondfan

Prestia was part of this trade wasn't he?
If yes, ironic, both are injured with a similar calf prob.?
I hope Prestias injury is sorted out soon.
Not directly no. But both moved in the same trade period.

Offline Slipper

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland

That wasn't really a trade, more like a mugging.

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Lids has announced he's retiring at the end of this season.

---------------------------

“I’m really proud of what I’ve been able to achieve in my career,” Deledio told the Giants' website.

“I’d like to thank the players and staff both past and present at the Richmond footy club, which was my home for over a decade.

“I’m so proud to have played 243 games in the yellow and black and to have achieved two best and fairests and two All Australians there.

“I played my best footy as a Tiger but I’m so grateful for the opportunity the Giants presented me at the end of 2016.

“It’s no secret I needed a fresh start and to be able to do that at a new club like the Giants has been unbelievable for me.

“I would have loved to have played a lot more footy in the orange guernsey but it wasn’t to be and it taught me the influence I can have on the group without being out on the field.

“I’d like to thank everyone at the GIANTS, particularly the medical staff, for their support over this period.

“The past few years have been really tough, both on and off the field. But it showed me that football isn’t everything and I’m really looking forward to the next chapter of my life with my family.”

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/giants-veteran-deledio-announces-afl-retirement-20190815-p52hay.html

Online lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
He was always one of my favourite tigers. He stuffed me off so badly when he said he didn’t watch the GF but a part of me really appreciates giving the fans some hope when the divide between our stars and our bottom 6 was wider than the Nullarbor

I feel like if we had got Balme and Caracalla in 2013 he would have benefitted greatly from the surge style football we currently play

Edit: you beat me to it with posting the link!

Online Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
Geez 270+ games. Can you imagine what he could have got to if his body didn’t quit on him in the past 4 years.

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
Thanks Brett.

Used to be one of my faves in your early-mid years. The move to GWS may have come a year too late but it was probably good for the club.

All the best!

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
If you divide 270 by the number of quarters he went missing, it's actually only about 90 matches.. :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
 :lol

Online Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
Unlike the other “leaders” at Richmond, he wasn’t able to redeem his poor performance in the 2013 elimination final loss against the 9th placed Cheats which is our worst loss ever in my opinion (I still hear about it  :banghead).
That one loss had undone all the great games I watched him play since he was drafted
Should’ve played better that game and never allowed us to lose to them, someone other than Judd had to stand up and unfortunately for Deledio and us  it wasn’t him. Bad luck and good retirement where he can count all his money he got at GWS for rehabbing in the gym.  :whistle :clapping
The club that keeps giving.

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
He served us well for a long time. He deserves better than for our supporters to be rubbishing him or his contribution to our club.

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
If you divide 270 by the number of quarters he went missing, it's actually only about 90 matches.. :shh
I hope they don't work out father son with your formula!
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.