Author Topic: Ruckman Needed / Cam Wood and Orren Stephenson training with Richmond  (Read 23854 times)

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Ruckman Needed
« Reply #195 on: October 27, 2012, 09:42:21 AM »
when was last time we went into a season with more that one proven ruckman?

Last year. But in 2010 we had a trio of gods. Simmo, Gussy and Browne :bow

I guess al walked into that by not stating proven to be good.  ;D
:lol

Yes but how long can we sustain it with the game getting faster??
untill maric breaks down ;D

the difficulty is recruiting another proven ruckmen on the promise he will get a game if maric does break down.

as in a thread i started a while back, i believe the benefits of playing two ruckmen and rotating them off the bench outweigh the negatives.  As it is now your second ruckman has to be able to hold down a position as a forward
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #196 on: October 27, 2012, 09:47:23 AM »

the difficulty is recruiting another proven ruckmen on the promise he will get a game if maric does maric does break down.

as in a thread i started a while back, i believe the benefits of playing two ruckmen and rotating them off the bench outweigh the negatives.  As it is now your second ruckman has to be able to hold down a position as a forward

Totally agree!
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #197 on: October 29, 2012, 04:27:51 PM »
Cameron Wood has been delisted by the Pies.

Not that I want him at Richmond  :help but according to the media we were looking at him during the trade period.

gerkin greg

« Reply #198 on: October 29, 2012, 05:25:58 PM »
someone get him drunk and leave him in the city

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #199 on: October 29, 2012, 06:11:35 PM »
Cameron wood would be great rookie

gerkin greg

« Reply #200 on: October 29, 2012, 06:13:53 PM »
cameron wood is gus graham's my little pony

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #201 on: October 29, 2012, 06:18:32 PM »
I.wanted him instead of pattison or polo.

Would like both rambling and wood rookie listed

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #202 on: October 29, 2012, 06:25:32 PM »
 :thatsgold :thatsgold

:thatsgold  :ROTFL

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #203 on: October 29, 2012, 07:55:51 PM »

Cameron would be happy with that, evolving from Micks Rigadoon Gang

the claw

« Reply #204 on: October 29, 2012, 08:59:47 PM »
Has anyone got a list and report on ruckmen available in state leagues and during the draft. Be interesting to see what is out there.
have mentioned jack hannath several times could possibly step up straight away.. cameron symonds  not ready 20 21 yo  will take a few yrs to develop.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #205 on: October 31, 2012, 07:37:12 AM »
Has anyone got a list and report on ruckmen available in state leagues and during the draft. Be interesting to see what is out there.
have mentioned jack hannath several times could possibly step up straight away.. cameron symonds  not ready 20 21 yo  will take a few yrs to develop.

Well I don't think we can afford a developing ruckman now, we need someone who can play immediately.

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:

Offline tigtuff12

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #206 on: October 31, 2012, 07:38:06 PM »

http://oneeyed-richmond.com/forum/Smileys/default/clapping.gif bravo sir.....bravo....

Hoping TV's shoulders are ok as that gives us a forward/ruck option...still only young and developing his rucking skills - fingers crossed that 2012 was an aberration and he continues the spike from 2011
...the fighting fury...

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #207 on: November 01, 2012, 07:29:05 AM »

http://oneeyed-richmond.com/forum/Smileys/default/clapping.gif bravo sir.....bravo....

Hoping TV's shoulders are ok as that gives us a forward/ruck option...still only young and developing his rucking skills - fingers crossed that 2012 was an aberration and he continues the spike from 2011

He is still in the rehab group....that's a worry!!

"Rucks:

Offline Big Papa Bear

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #208 on: November 01, 2012, 02:18:59 PM »
We need a monster forward who can support in the ruck.

Can Vickery put some bulk on, lift his intensity at the ball and start playing like a man aka Johnathan Brown?

the claw

« Reply #209 on: November 02, 2012, 10:13:45 AM »

the difficulty is recruiting another proven ruckmen on the promise he will get a game if maric does break down.

i agree al. lots of clubs do play two ruckmen. i  reckon the key is yoiur ruckmen can no longer be a dinosaur.  i think the best ruckmen today are the ones who become big bodied inside players after the ruckwork with their secnd and third efforts ottens comes straight to mind hudson is a plodder but very very effective in this way.

besides i dont think the game is getting any faster  if two subs ever does come in i reckon it will get slower. im yet to see anything to suggest two ruckmen are a liability the opposite in fact.

Well I don't think we can afford a developing ruckman now, we need someone who can play immediately.
hannath while young has played all yr against decent opposition in the sanfl he would give more than wood or derickx imo  and at 21 he has upside. hes a good size but how do you say while having the weight at about 104kg  doesnt have the definition just yet but a preseason at an afl club would go a long way to fix that.
look i could be barking up the wrong tree i havent seen him live but what i have seen i really like it may be hes no good but worth a try imo. against men hes been more than competetive at sanfl level if ivan got hurt he could provide a pretty decent option and he has upside  to develop.
he does well in the ruck but needs to develop his around the ground game get a bit more ball take more marks etc.