Author Topic: Ruckman Needed / Cam Wood and Orren Stephenson training with Richmond  (Read 23352 times)

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
I think we have done well during the trade and free agency period however I do believe we should of targeted a ruckman as well. Even if we have the chance to get one now we should go for it. If Maric goes down next year we just don't have the coverage. If we were playing Freo without Maric we would get smashed in the ruck, Maric could only just compete against Sandilands last year, imagine what would happen if he weren't in the side.

I see this area as our only Achilles heal now, I really think we need to address it.....

Thoughts??
« Last Edit: November 12, 2012, 05:31:46 PM by one-eyed »
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline MADTIGER2010

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Ruckman Needed
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2012, 08:45:19 AM »
We should try get some like zac Clarke as well as drafting a young ruckman next month while moving graham on

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2012, 08:47:46 AM »
We should try get some like zac Clarke as well as drafting a young ruckman next month while moving graham on

He would be a perfect fit, hasn't he re-signed though?

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2012, 08:49:16 AM »
Think we should make a play for Jacobs now!!

"Rucks:

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2012, 08:52:47 AM »
I think we have done well during the trade and free agency period however I do believe we should of targeted a ruckman as well. Even if we have the chance to get one now we should go for it. If Maric goes down next year we just don't have the coverage. If we were playing Freo without Maric we would get smashed in the ruck, Maric could only just compete against Sandilands last year, imagine what would happen if he weren't in the side.

I see this area as our only Achilles heal now, I really think we need to address it.....

Thoughts??

You do know that Angus Graham is undefeated against Fremantle? Including a very solid 14 disposal, 6 marks and 1 goal game against them in 2011.
Also, I think it's safe to say maric got his pants pulled down when he went up against Sandi. He's not the first victim though.

Some will laugh but we cannot afford to let Goose leave unless we get someone like Stefan Martin as cover, but who wants to play twos all year?

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2012, 08:54:48 AM »

Thoughts??

You do know that Angus Graham is undefeated against Fremantle? Including a very solid 14 disposal, 6 marks and 1 goal game against them in 2011.

Well CD lets hope he gets it together mate, but he will need to play all year..
« Last Edit: October 12, 2012, 10:11:01 AM by WA Tiger »

"Rucks:

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2012, 08:57:22 AM »
but who wants to play twos all year?

Key point.

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2012, 08:59:45 AM »

Thoughts??

Well CD lets hope he gets it together mate, but he will need to pay all year..

He is probably the best performed ruckman not playing regular AFL footy. If he wasn't on a list our supporters would probably look at his stats in the VFL and say "get this bloke as back up to Maric" ;D
Goose is capable of better footy. He showed that at a young age in 2010. Got far too comfortable though

Online MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2012, 09:12:17 AM »

Thoughts??

Don't be talking about Achilles heel, What about Tom Derickx, he played 2's all last year, is mobile, agile, tall and can kick, perhaps he is our RIW (Ruckman in waiting)

Ruanaidh

« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2012, 09:16:20 AM »
Our Ruck stocks are ok.. but we need to pick-up a rookie in one of the drafts for future coverage.

Online MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2012, 09:23:19 AM »

Thoughts??

I think he should have stood on Sandis turf toe, mind you Sandis boots are as proportionate as Krusty The Clowns shoes.

That aside I think we have been very keen on getting a lot of young big units in then losing patience waiting for them to mature. We got it right last year identifying Ivan after another club couldn't see the gold. We just have to get another one from somewhere or be patient with our own stocks.

Also, I think it's safe to say maric got his pants pulled down when he went up against Sandi. He's not the first victim though.

Some will laugh but we cannot afford to let Goose leave unless we get someone like Stefan Martin as cover, but who wants to play twos all year?

Online Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2012, 09:31:37 AM »
Our Ruck stocks are ok.. but we need to pick-up a rookie in one of the drafts for future coverage.
Rookie Jesse White   
The club that keeps giving.

gerkin greg

« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2012, 09:42:58 AM »
Think we should make a play for Jacobs now!!

Jacobs is not leaving Adelaide

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2012, 10:12:15 AM »

How?

"Rucks:

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2012, 10:17:52 AM »
Daniel Currie......get it done Tigers :clapping