Author Topic: Ruckman Needed / Cam Wood and Orren Stephenson training with Richmond  (Read 23587 times)

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
Re: Ruckman Needed
« Reply #30 on: October 12, 2012, 12:27:11 PM »
Maric was outstanding last year and luckily played most games last year. He carried an injury for the large part. The one game he didn't play we were not competitive in the ruck at all. Graham's performance against the suns was not upto AFL standards. We need a quality back up ruckman. Whilst Vickery could be that back up ruckman I would rather he stay in the forwardline where on form he provides a good second tall option. His kicking for goal is a real asset of his. Sadly I don't think Graham or Derrickx are upto the necessary standard and if we are to be a genuine finals contender we need a quality back up ruckman

Tell me more about Zac Smiths game that day. 7 hitouts and we were the ones not competitive in the ruck? Why did Graham get B&F votes for that game? Obviously the MC were content considering he was EMG the week after too.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #31 on: October 12, 2012, 12:39:56 PM »

Exactly. An inform Vickery helping out Maric with Gus as backup is a decent set up.

Won't get us to the finals if Maric goes down so it's not good enough imho.

If Vickery & Graham couldn't play finals for Richmond without Ivan then we shouldn't be in finals contention. The bloke you guys should be worrying about is Trent Cotchin...if he gets injured then we start worrying. We should make finals with or without Maric next year. Obviously it would be hard but a Vickery/Graham (Graham playing with his 2010 intensity) should be able to hold up. Look at our midfielders, they should be getting the job done even if we brought back drink driving Royce to do the ruck work.

We won't make finals if Vickery/Graham is our ruck combo, plain and simple.  I reckon we can cover Cotch in the midfield easier than Maric in the ruck.  Graham has been found wanting before and has no improvemenet left.  The midfield apart from Tuck and Foley are all still babies and have heaps of improvement left in them.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #32 on: October 12, 2012, 12:40:19 PM »
Graham is rubbish.

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #33 on: October 12, 2012, 12:44:27 PM »

Exactly. An inform Vickery helping out Maric with Gus as backup is a decent set up.

Won't get us to the finals if Maric goes down so it's not good enough imho.

If Vickery & Graham couldn't play finals for Richmond without Ivan then we shouldn't be in finals contention. The bloke you guys should be worrying about is Trent Cotchin...if he gets injured then we start worrying. We should make finals with or without Maric next year. Obviously it would be hard but a Vickery/Graham (Graham playing with his 2010 intensity) should be able to hold up. Look at our midfielders, they should be getting the job done even if we brought back drink driving Royce to do the ruck work.

We won't make finals if Vickery/Graham is our ruck combo, plain and simple.  I reckon we can cover Cotch in the midfield easier than Maric in the ruck.  Graham has been found wanting before and has no improvemenet left.  The midfield apart from Tuck and Foley are all still babies and have heaps of improvement left in them.

Says who? Who rucked for St Kilda when they were playing finals under Grant Thomas? Vickery is a good ruckman. Cotchin cannot be replaced. He wins us games off his own bat. Deledio, Grigg, Jackson etc are not babies.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #34 on: October 12, 2012, 12:45:49 PM »
Graham is not half as good as king or gardiner

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #35 on: October 12, 2012, 12:50:29 PM »
Graham is not half as good as king or gardiner

What are you on about? I'm talking about Grant Thomas/St Kilda, not West Coast and Geelong. Graham doesn't even have to be involved. Vickery can play ruck

dwaino

« Reply #36 on: October 12, 2012, 12:52:35 PM »
Just because CD likes Gumby it doesn't mean we have to like him.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2012, 03:05:44 PM by one-eyed »

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #37 on: October 12, 2012, 12:58:28 PM »
Just because CD likes Gumby it doesn't mean we have to like him.

No need for this crap. We trying to have a serious footy discussion here

Edit: quote edited
« Last Edit: October 12, 2012, 03:06:20 PM by one-eyed »

dwaino

« Reply #38 on: October 12, 2012, 01:02:36 PM »
Sorry, forgot goose is a touchy subject  :shh

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #39 on: October 12, 2012, 01:04:32 PM »
Sorry, forgot goose is a touchy subject  :shh

Not touchy at all, just having a good discussion with smokey.

dwaino

« Reply #40 on: October 12, 2012, 01:05:09 PM »
I think we have done well during the trade and free agency period however I do believe we should of targeted a ruckman as well. Even if we have the chance to get one now we should go for it. If Maric goes down next year we just don't have the coverage. If we were playing Freo without Maric we would get smashed in the ruck, Maric could only just compete against Sandilands last year, imagine what would happen if he weren't in the side.

I see this area as our only Achilles heal now, I really think we need to address it.....

Thoughts??

You do know that Angus Graham is undefeated against Fremantle? Including a very solid 14 disposal, 6 marks and 1 goal game against them in 2011.

Well CD lets hope he gets it together mate, but he will need to pay all year..

He is probably the best performed ruckman not playing regular AFL footy. If he wasn't on a list our supporters would probably look at his stats in the VFL and say "get this bloke as back up to Maric" ;D
Goose is capable of better footy. He showed that at a young age in 2010. Got far too comfortable though

And you would be the only one saying he is a potato.

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #41 on: October 12, 2012, 01:06:13 PM »
I think we have done well during the trade and free agency period however I do believe we should of targeted a ruckman as well. Even if we have the chance to get one now we should go for it. If Maric goes down next year we just don't have the coverage. If we were playing Freo without Maric we would get smashed in the ruck, Maric could only just compete against Sandilands last year, imagine what would happen if he weren't in the side.

I see this area as our only Achilles heal now, I really think we need to address it.....

Thoughts??

You do know that Angus Graham is undefeated against Fremantle? Including a very solid 14 disposal, 6 marks and 1 goal game against them in 2011.

Well CD lets hope he gets it together mate, but he will need to pay all year..

He is probably the best performed ruckman not playing regular AFL footy. If he wasn't on a list our supporters would probably look at his stats in the VFL and say "get this bloke as back up to Maric" ;D
Goose is capable of better footy. He showed that at a young age in 2010. Got far too comfortable though

And you would be the only one saying he is a potato.

:fishing

Too easy :lol eat another veggie chip :lol

dwaino

« Reply #42 on: October 12, 2012, 01:08:20 PM »
That's not fishing. That's just an easy and convenient way to justify your opinion.

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #43 on: October 12, 2012, 01:12:12 PM »
That's not fishing. That's just an easy and convenient way to justify your opinion.

Why is our resident vegetarian sooking?

dwaino

« Reply #44 on: October 12, 2012, 01:15:52 PM »
It's not sooking. It's trying to understand the hypocrisy on why CD can call others nuffers for opinions on players, especially opposition players we're recruiting, yet uses the same justification to make a case for players he likes.