Author Topic: Sam Lloyd [merged]  (Read 83071 times)

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Pick 66: Sam Lloyd
« Reply #75 on: November 27, 2013, 01:39:03 AM »
To be totally honest it's just the vibe of the thing.  :banghead :banghead

Offline Oiafi

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Against logic there is no armour like ignorance.
« Reply #76 on: November 27, 2013, 07:02:05 AM »
Topping up. stuffing hell, the kids are early 20's, their not bloody 30. Plenty of development in them and mature enough in body to make an impact quickly.

Gordon has spent time in the AFL system, knows what it is about, has something to proove and wont take it for granted.

Lloyd is a fresh talent who's worked himself up from the lower leagues and earned a chance. At pick 66, or whatever it was, in a shallow draft, I can't see too much wrong with the selection.

Why the stuff am I bothering to write this?

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #77 on: November 27, 2013, 09:33:10 AM »
You crazy man.  :lol

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #78 on: November 27, 2013, 09:45:14 AM »

:lol

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #79 on: November 27, 2013, 12:59:37 PM »
Topping up. stuffing hell, the kids are early 20's, their not bloody 30. Plenty of development in them and mature enough in body to make an impact quickly.

Gordon has spent time in the AFL system, knows what it is about, has something to proove and wont take it for granted.

Lloyd is a fresh talent who's worked himself up from the lower leagues and earned a chance. At pick 66, or whatever it was, in a shallow draft, I can't see too much wrong with the selection.

Miles. Hampson. Gordon, Lloyd, Banfield, Thomas

Six 'mature' players plus Vlamir.

1/7 bottom age, ie. first time available for the draft. Yeah good point its not 'topping up'  ;D

I can only assume because you require me to highlight the error of your ways.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Sam Lloyd on RSN (audio and summary)
« Reply #80 on: February 14, 2014, 04:21:15 PM »
Sam Lloyd - Richmond Tigers, AFL

Mature age Richmond recruit, Sam Lloyd, caught up with Chrisso & McGuane for a chat, as he prepares to play his first game for the Tigers on Friday. We learn more about last year's 66th draft pick, drafted from Frankston.

AUDIO: http://www.rsn.net.au/audioplayer/1392246721.mp3

Summary

* It is a great opportunity.  It’s been a long preseason but short at the same time.  I was just absolutely rapt to get down there and hit the track. I’m very lucky to be at the Tigers. It’s just a thrill.

* The Tigers have a really good culture and they’ve made it really easy for me to come in. All of the older guys are really good. Jack Riewoldt, being a forward line player as well, I’m getting along with him really well. He’s been a really good teacher for me.

* Playing AFL football was always a dream but I didn’t think I was ever good enough. Then when I kept going up and up a level in football, especially last year playing the VFL state game, I thought - 'hang on, I’m a chance here, I can make it'. I think I developed the hope a bit later than most

* I’ve been training as a forward down at the Tigers but I played a lot of midfield at lower levels.  I want to develop my fitness further in coming years and maybe push up to a midfield position or even a running half-forward.

* I knew coming in that I had to work on my defensive pressure.  I think it’s improved but I still have a bit of work to go there. It’s definitely a massive part of your game. If you want to go further, you have to have both attributes of kicking goals and defensive pressure. I certainly won’t get a game if I don’t have my defensive pressure up, that’s for sure.

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Sam Lloyd on RSN (audio and summary)
« Reply #81 on: February 14, 2014, 04:26:45 PM »
Sam Lloyd - Richmond Tigers, AFL

* I knew coming in that I had to work on my defensive pressure.  I think it’s improved but I still have a bit of work to go there. It’s definitely a massive part of your game. If you want to go further, you have to have both attributes of kicking goals and defensive pressure. I certainly won’t get a game if I don’t have my defensive pressure up, that’s for sure.

Its the same message that you keep hearing come out of our club from any player in any position. Great to hear  :thumbsup

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #82 on: February 27, 2014, 02:18:04 PM »
Lloyd’s loving it
richmondfc.com.au 
February 27, 2014

Richmond’s mature-age recruit Sam Lloyd is thriving throughout his first pre-season at the game’s highest level.

“I’ve slimmed down a bit, probably because of the fact of training pretty much every day on a regular basis, either in the gym or out on the track,” Lloyd told ‘Sportsday’.

Read more at: http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2014-02-27/lloyds-loving-it

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #83 on: March 20, 2014, 10:43:54 PM »
Chris Newman is not a forward nor a midfielder. He is a half back flanker who has been surpassed by others in that position.

Time to see what Sam Lloyd was drafted to do.

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #84 on: March 21, 2014, 02:48:50 AM »
Chris Newman is not a forward nor a midfielder. He is a half back flanker who has been surpassed by others in that position.

Correct. Sydney can drop Ryan O'Keefe and we have to try find a spot for old man Newman.

gerkin greg

« Reply #85 on: March 21, 2014, 10:28:10 AM »

Correct. Sydney can drop Ryan O'Keefe and we have to try find a spot for old man Newman.

Sydney's decision as bad as ours

the claw

« Reply #86 on: March 21, 2014, 10:58:07 PM »
paul chapman anybody.
we talk up lloyd and others we got. but we  couldnt even talk to chappy.
32 yo newman or 32 yr old chapman is another way to look at it. we dont have a sml /med fwd/mid of chapmans quality.in fact we are certainly better off finding out about ohanlon,mcdonough, banfield, s edwards, king, gordon, playing knights lennon or even petterd as a forward rather than newman.all are potentially better forwrds than newman in fact forget about potential what has newman ever done as a forward. they are all better options in the role.
if newy cant play back or in the midfield he should not be playing at all. he is most certainly atm taking games and development time off others.

the club and hardwick have had it easy in what decisions they have had to make on players  in fact theres hardly been a hard decision to make. . time to do the right thing damien.if you cant make the hard choices you should not be there.

i still see this club doing  some of the same things that its done for the past 30 yrs.
part of becoming succesful is knowing exactly where your list can take you. seems to me we continue to kid ourselves and we let silly things like sentiment rule our decisions.

dwaino

« Reply #87 on: March 22, 2014, 12:26:58 AM »
Cool

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #88 on: March 22, 2014, 12:33:50 AM »
Take away the goals and what's left?

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame