Author Topic: Dockers Sign Tigers mid Reece Conca (afl site) official  (Read 23501 times)

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Dockers Sign Tigers mid Reece Conca (afl site) official
« Reply #105 on: October 05, 2018, 11:38:06 AM »
Isn't it funny how we've lost our pic 6 from the 2010 draft - who we were still debating wether he was a top 22 player after 8 seasons....many would say he's been a massive flop.

But have now acquired  picks 7, 9 and 11 from the same draft who are vastly superior players.

We have done well.
Unleash the tornado

Offline Shammo80

• Jack Dyer medallist
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #106 on: October 05, 2018, 11:40:43 AM »
 :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers THINK THE MOVE IS A GOOD ONE FOR ALL PARTIES LOOK FORWARD IN CING WHAT WE ACTUALLY GET FOR REECE LETS BE HONEST HE DOES TO MANY TURNOVERS IS INJURY PRONE AND PROBABLY NEEDS A FRESH START GOOD CHOICE BY ALL PARTIES
GO U TIGERS

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #107 on: October 05, 2018, 11:56:13 AM »
Richmond is set to receive a compensation pick at the end of the second round (currently No.36) for losing Conca, but the standing of that pick is dependent on whether the Tigers take in any free agents.

If Richmond acquires Gold Coast's Tom Lynch during this year's Free Agency Period as expected, that compensation pick will be lost.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-10-05/tiger-to-move-to-fremantle-under-free-agency

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Richmond’s General Manager – Football, Neil Balme, thanked Conca for his service to the Club.

“I’d like to thank Reece for his hard work and dedication to the Richmond Football Club over the past eight years,” Balme said.

“Reece is a much-loved person at the Club and we respect his decision to return home to Western Australia.

“Everyone at Richmond joins me in wishing Reece the best of luck in his next chapter at Fremantle.”

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2018-10-05/conca-departs-richmond

Dougeytherichmondfan

« Reply #108 on: October 05, 2018, 11:56:29 AM »
Isn't it funny how we've lost our pic 6 from the 2010 draft - who we were still debating wether he was a top 22 player after 8 seasons....many would say he's been a massive flop.

But have now acquired  picks 7, 9 and 11 from the same draft who are vastly superior players.

We have done well.
If at first you don't succeed.

For the record Conca could play, but ripping the hammy off the bone in his third season (Carl final) pretty much finished him.

Offline pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #109 on: October 05, 2018, 12:01:16 PM »
Richmond is set to receive a compensation pick at the end of the second round (currently No.36) for losing Conca, but the standing of that pick is dependent on whether the Tigers take in any free agents.

If Richmond acquires Gold Coast's Tom Lynch during this year's Free Agency Period as expected, that compensation pick will be lost.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-10-05/tiger-to-move-to-fremantle-under-free-agency

Richmond’s General Manager – Football, Neil Balme, thanked Conca for his service to the Club.

“I’d like to thank Reece for his hard work and dedication to the Richmond Football Club over the past eight years,” Balme said.

“Reece is a much-loved person at the Club and we respect his decision to return home to Western Australia.

“Everyone at Richmond joins me in wishing Reece the best of luck in his next chapter at Fremantle.”

This is confusing, why would we lose the pick if Lynch comes to us.........

Dougeytherichmondfan

« Reply #110 on: October 05, 2018, 12:02:12 PM »
That's how Free Agency works. If you lose a player and sign a player the compensation works out values for each and if its in your favour then you don't receive any compensation.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #111 on: October 05, 2018, 01:07:15 PM »
goodbye to one of the biggest duds to ever wear our jumper. His highlights reel IMO will comprise of 2 games where he participated in helping us lose 2 finals.

A major win for our club is this. Laughable that some expect picks back. We should be grateful if we get a packet of twisties back for this dud.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #112 on: October 05, 2018, 01:30:12 PM »

This is confusing, why would we lose the pick if Lynch comes to us.........

$$$ value of contracts each is getting

Lynch a lot more so the compo goes
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline tdy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #113 on: October 05, 2018, 02:55:53 PM »
So long, farewell, auf weidersehn, goodbye!!

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #114 on: October 05, 2018, 04:06:06 PM »
Never gonna see him stink it uo for us again.....ooh yeah.... :dancing
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #115 on: October 05, 2018, 06:33:52 PM »
“I’m super excited. I’ve spent eight years over in Melbourne and it’s a great opportunity to come home and be close to my family and friends,” Conca said.

“I just think that Fremantle’s a fantastic club. They’re really exciting, they’ve got a great playing list and obviously, coming home, it was a fantastic opportunity.

“I think I was just ready to make that change and continue my footy career and, hopefully, for a lot of years to come.”

http://www.fremantlefc.com.au/news/2018-10-05/conca-becomes-a-docker

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Reece Conca Signs 3 Yr Deal (afl site)
« Reply #116 on: October 05, 2018, 06:34:13 PM »
Official

Conca signs 3 year deal with Freo

Bye

Source: afl website

Don’t let the door whack your ginormous arse on the way out
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #117 on: October 05, 2018, 06:38:36 PM »
He had ability! could play! but not at the pick 6 level nearly frequently enough. I remember ages ago I think it was geelong he kinda sold some candy and ran past 2 geelong players which was surreal. Like Griffiths his body doesn't seem to be built for the rigours of football. I was never a fan of him in the 22 but the players getting around him from the ankle injury highlighted the impact he had around the club behind closed doors. All the best to him

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #118 on: October 05, 2018, 07:07:56 PM »
“I’m super excited. I’ve spent eight years over in Melbourne and it’s a great opportunity to come home and be close to my family and friends,” Conca said.

“I just think that Fremantle’s a fantastic club. They’re really exciting, they’ve got a great playing list and obviously, coming home, it was a fantastic opportunity.

“I think I was just ready to make that change and continue my footy career and, hopefully, for a lot of years to come.”

http://www.fremantlefc.com.au/news/2018-10-05/conca-becomes-a-docker
With Neale leaving, aside from Fyfe they have ... ahhhh .... ummm .... tick tock tick tock .... hmmm  :huh3

All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #119 on: October 05, 2018, 08:13:14 PM »
does the giant freak still play AFL? or honey badger?
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"