Author Topic: Reece Conca [merged]  (Read 428403 times)

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
Re: Reece Conca [merged]
« Reply #1575 on: August 01, 2015, 05:32:20 PM »
Or u don't have an understand of the game  :shh

As u don't, English?

Better to understand the finer point of the game

Than to English correctly

If you can't see what he does well I can't help u. Unless you watched it from the ground, then it may have been harder to notice
excepting for work of the ball, you see more of the hard inside work on the tv

Aye that's what I was getting at
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1576 on: August 03, 2015, 08:06:21 PM »
Conca-tough Tiger has 'bigger fish to fry'

Ben Guthrie 
afl.com.au
August 3, 2015

RICHMOND midfielder Reece Conca believes he and his club have "bigger fish to fry" after the Tigers stamped themselves as genuine premiership contenders with an 18-point win over Hawthorn at the MCG on Friday night.

Playing his first senior game for the season after returning from a lengthy stint on the sidelines with a hamstring injury, Conca was a key part of a hard-earned and rewarding Tiger victory.

The 22-year-old thinks his side is building something special this season.

"When I first came in we were just starting and Dimma (coach Damien Hardwick) came through a year before," Conca told AFL.com.au.

"It's been a great journey but we've got some bigger fish to fry later in the year."

Conca, pick No.6 in the 2010 NAB AFL Draft, could not have timed his run back into the senior side any better.

But that's not to say he hasn't felt a significant level of frustration this season. The win over the Hawks was his first AFL appearance since the 2014 Elimination Final loss to Port Adelaide.

Knee and hamstring problems have dogged his 2015 campaign, but Conca has maintained a positive attitude throughout his lengthy recovery.

He was also limited by foot issues in his first few seasons at the Tigers.

In a way, keeping the faith has been forced upon him.

"(Injuries) have been the story of my career. I get a good little patch and then I'm struck by another injury," Conca said.

However he has used his time on the sidelines in a bid to become a better player and hopes he can cement himself as a first-choice midfielder in Richmond's side by the business end of the season.

"It's been a bit of a blessing in disguise," Conca said.

"I'm in the best physical shape I've ever been in. I've come in at the right time. I've got bigger fish to fry and I think I can play a big role in this team come finals."

Hardwick certainly sees the value Conca offers his side, emphasised by the zip and toughness the midfielder showed in collecting 16 disposals and five tackles against the Hawks.

"He can do things that are really clever and he is only going to get better," the coach said after Richmond's most important win of the year.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-08-03/concatough-tiger-has-bigger-fish-to-fry

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1577 on: August 04, 2015, 05:49:56 AM »
We're not in the finals yet Reece.
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #1578 on: August 04, 2015, 07:58:50 AM »
Trade value to WC or Freo went up a bit more after Friday. Went ok, good time to get him on the market.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

No More

« Reply #1579 on: August 04, 2015, 09:45:41 AM »
I wanna see a bit more before we stamp his papers. I thought he was good against hawthorn. if he can continue on that path then maybe he stays - a lot will depend on the next part of the season. needs to make an impact.

Offline MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #1580 on: August 04, 2015, 09:49:59 AM »
I wanna see a bit more before we stamp his papers. I thought he was good against hawthorn. if he can continue on that path then maybe he stays - a lot will depend on the next part of the season. needs to make an impact.
Agree No More, he is a perfect age for our team and to shuffle him off may not be the best idea. IT all depends on how fit he stays, I think he has plenty of upside.

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1581 on: August 04, 2015, 01:33:59 PM »
His mix of inside/outside compliments chimp, miles sedwards, martin etc.   :shh,
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #1582 on: August 04, 2015, 01:46:56 PM »
Loser. Like ell
FTO
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline Petey

• Bad
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • SgtAA of OER
« Reply #1583 on: August 04, 2015, 09:01:42 PM »
Really solid player. We are better with him running around in the seniors in place of Gordon, Petterd and those types

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1584 on: August 04, 2015, 09:25:47 PM »
Loser. Like ell
FTO

I think I like the idea of what Conca could bring to the team.  I'm just not convinced he can deliver
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #1585 on: August 04, 2015, 10:25:41 PM »
They are the package deal from hell.
step right up!!!
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1586 on: August 04, 2015, 10:51:21 PM »
Still only 22

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1587 on: August 05, 2015, 10:05:33 AM »

Offline MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #1588 on: August 05, 2015, 11:05:07 AM »
Still only 22

bingo
:clapping
If they get rid of the Conkinator they are crazy.
Just about to step up to the plate. :pray

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #1589 on: August 05, 2015, 12:06:56 PM »
Very good trade bait at this rate!!

Could get us Treloar or a big fish!! Must consider our trade options with Conca. :thumbsup
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"