Author Topic: Players being linked to Richmond - Rumours  (Read 80279 times)

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Players being linked to Richmond - Rumours
« Reply #60 on: August 11, 2010, 11:21:52 AM »

McGuane, Moore or Thursfield worth their first rounder?

Nope.  2nd rounder if all our planets were aligned and then we got lucky.

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #61 on: August 11, 2010, 12:02:03 PM »

If Brock McLean a plodder of a midfielder is worth Pick 11 then we should be able to at least get a 1st rounder for one of them. Taller players are more valuable too.
Also take into account that a 1st round pick this year can be anything from Pick 4 all the way up to Pick 26

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #62 on: August 11, 2010, 12:32:56 PM »

If Brock McLean a plodder of a midfielder is worth Pick 11 then we should be able to at least get a 1st rounder for one of them. Taller players are more valuable too.
Also take into account that a 1st round pick this year can be anything from Pick 4 all the way up to Pick 26

Agree in part Infamy but Brock McLean had a far better reputation (deserved or not is not the issue) in the competition than any of our 3 defenders.  Agree that tall players are more valuable but I just don't think any of them hold the currency to attract more than a 2nd round pick at best.  Maybe the only way is if they are still contracted and we pick up part of the contract $$ value (as we probably have got room to move in that area) but on player value alone I can't see it at all.

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #63 on: August 11, 2010, 12:59:30 PM »

That's what I was thinking, with Brock it seemed it was just 'bang, let's get him' here's pick 11.

If Carltons first pick is 16-20 then they might do it?
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Ramps

« Reply #64 on: August 11, 2010, 03:28:36 PM »
Hawthorn may want McGuane or Moore, Gold Coast may want McGuane, Carlton may want McGuane, Moore or Thursfield. So there is enough demand for us to get something decent.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #65 on: August 11, 2010, 04:35:54 PM »
Hawthorn may want McGuane or Moore, Gold Coast may want McGuane, Carlton may want McGuane, Moore or Thursfield. So there is enough demand for us to get something decent.

How can you say "there is enough demand" when you base it on your own opinions of who might want what?  I haven't seen or heard any of these clubs come out and say "we are chasing experienced tall defenders in the draft" so unless you have some inside goss Ramps......?  Gold Coast have said they will be open to trade for the right experience but that hardly increases the demand for run of the mill, average height 'taller' backs from the 2nd bottom side.

For everyone talking up the currency of our 3 taller backs - Brisbane got Brent Staker for Bradd Dalziel and pick 39 last year and none of our 3 would carry the same price tag as Staker.  Dalziell would have been 3rd round at best - more likely 4th or 5th so Staker would not have commanded more than a 2nd round on his own - and that was to a team who were paying over the odds for all their recruiting last year.  Josh Gibson and pick 69 went for picks 25 and 41 and he is another player who would easily command a higher price than any of our 3.  I just can't see any team giving us any better than a mid 2nd round pick at best for any of the 3.

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #66 on: August 11, 2010, 05:26:20 PM »
Not really sure how Josh Gibson would have been worth much more than any of our defenders. He's not that good, Hawks were scraping the bottom of the barrel chasing him to be their #1 key defender. Don't get me wrong, I don't think he's that bad a player, but look how much some of our supporters go on about our kpp defenders not being tall enough when Gibson is only 189cm.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #67 on: August 11, 2010, 06:45:20 PM »
Not really sure how Josh Gibson would have been worth much more than any of our defenders. He's not that good, Hawks were scraping the bottom of the barrel chasing him to be their #1 key defender. Don't get me wrong, I don't think he's that bad a player, but look how much some of our supporters go on about our kpp defenders not being tall enough when Gibson is only 189cm.

A comparison of Gibson at draft time last year and our guys currently:

Gibson - 189cm 92kgs, 4 seasons, 67 games, 14.3 disposals, 3.7 marks, 2.2 tackles, 4 BM votes (all in his last season).
McGuane - 191cm 86kgs, 5 seasons, 70 games,  12.1 disposals, 4.7 marks, 2 tackles, 0 BM votes.
Moore - 190cm 84kgs, 7 seasons, 81 games, 11.9 disposals, 4.7 marks, 1.9 tackles, 0 BM votes.
Thursfield - 191cm 85kgs, 6 seasons, 9 disposals, 3 marks, 1.3 tackles, 0 BM votes.

So if we compare what was on the table with Gibson when he was traded to what is on offer with our guys then Gibson was bodily stronger and had superior stats over a shorter career time in a better team - McGuane is the only one that really comes close and he is probably the worst performed of the 3 this year.  That would suggest to me that Gibson was certainly worth the equal or better of any of our guys and if him and pick 69 was worth 25 and 41 then the most we could possibly hope for (not withstanding a brain fart of 'Raines' proportions) from another club would be low 30's and upwards.  Just my opinion (and like you Infamy, I don't rate Gibson that highly either - he's just an honest foot soldier).

Ramps

« Reply #68 on: August 11, 2010, 07:34:18 PM »

How can you say "there is enough demand" when you base it on your own opinions of who might want what? 

that my friend is what makes OER a great forum  ;D

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #69 on: August 11, 2010, 07:48:31 PM »

How can you say "there is enough demand" when you base it on your own opinions of who might want what? 

that my friend is what makes OER a great forum  ;D

Touché    :bow  :lol

the claw

« Reply #70 on: August 12, 2010, 12:38:42 AM »
sheesh hawthorn have birchall a running tall at 193/94. gibson 189/92. gilham 192/92. schoenmakers 193/86 stratton 189/84 all better options than the glass half fulls we would offer up. they also have jordan lisle at 196/92 who could possibly play both ends of the ground.
the one  they have not replaced even though hes still on their list  is trent croad who at 100kg was very much  the one who went to the power forwards.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Herald-Sun linking Richmond and Carlton to Eagle Quinten Lynch
« Reply #71 on: August 12, 2010, 05:25:43 AM »
We've been linked to Quinten Lynch  :help

------------------------------------------------

THE fall-out from West Coast's horrible season could begin with the trade of out-of-contract premiership forward Quinten Lynch.

The Eagles are yet to talk to Lynch's manager Colin Young about a new deal amid interest from at least two Melbourne-based clubs.

Carlton could do with a goalkicking key forward while Richmond is in need of some ruck help.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/quinten-lynch-may-be-eagles-trade-bait-with-melbourne-based-clubs/story-e6frf9jf-1225904156036

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Herald-Sun linking Richmond and Carlton to Eagle Quinten Lynch
« Reply #72 on: August 12, 2010, 05:45:39 AM »
We've been linked to Quinten Lynch  :help

------------------------------------------------

THE fall-out from West Coast's horrible season could begin with the trade of out-of-contract premiership forward Quinten Lynch.

The Eagles are yet to talk to Lynch's manager Colin Young about a new deal amid interest from at least two Melbourne-based clubs.

Carlton could do with a goalkicking key forward while Richmond is in need of some ruck help.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/quinten-lynch-may-be-eagles-trade-bait-with-melbourne-based-clubs/story-e6frf9jf-1225904156036
NO!

Too old in any case for us but the game has gone past big lugs with the turning circle of the Queen Mary who are just a mark and kick full forward. 
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Ramps

« Reply #73 on: August 12, 2010, 12:36:45 PM »
Dimma wont recruit hacks like Lynch.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #74 on: August 13, 2010, 12:05:08 PM »
This was posted on BF a few days ago so take it for what it's worth....

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showpost.php?p=18610192&postcount=515

Seeing we are talking trading. Let met share a little info. Believe me or not, i dont care. This is not a rumour only a fact that very few are privy to. So please dont ask for specific names as this is the 1st and only time i will mention it pre-draft/trade week.

We are currently talking to 4 ( 1-22yo,1-23yo,2-24yo) very good / possibly elite trade targets Also it might be worth mentioning a sleeper ala James Hird we will be collecting come draft day. Not saying he is of the sam mould as Jimmy, just that he is being kept hush hush like he was. Im sure you will understand why there are no names.

To anyone from any other club, Get Stuffed, that is all,.