Author Topic: Who will we chase now to assist Hardwick?  (Read 14919 times)

Gigantor

Re: Who will we chase now to assist Hardwick?
« Reply #60 on: October 04, 2011, 07:15:34 PM »
I think there is a myriad of good coaches which we get.However my concern is ,that we have tried to get both neil and dean and bombed out on both(apparently)  why?

the claw

« Reply #61 on: October 04, 2011, 07:20:39 PM »
was simon lloyd cut by fremantle. if we are looking for a devevelopment coach hed be a good one. wonder if we could lure brenton sanderson from geelong. or scott burns from wce. wouldnt mind finding a way to get ken hinkley away from gc.
simon mcphee from claremont has a damn good record.

Sanderson is coach of Adelaide....
sheesh makes one look silly again. how could i overlook that. oh well not the fist gaff ive made and wont be the last.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #62 on: October 04, 2011, 07:23:44 PM »
From twitter:

3AW693: Gerard's #Whispers says @StKildaFC will interview: Robert Harvey, Alan Richardson, Gary Ayres, Gavin Brown, Ken Hinkley and Scott Watters.

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

gerkin greg

« Reply #63 on: October 04, 2011, 07:25:05 PM »
gee Alan Richardson doesn't mind a good knock back does he
up he goes again lmao

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #64 on: October 04, 2011, 07:25:54 PM »
gee Alan Richardson doesn't mind a good knock back does he
up he goes again lmao

Could say the same thing about Hinkley gerks

Would say at this point in time Ayres isn't an option while he is interviewing for the Saints

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #65 on: October 04, 2011, 07:26:01 PM »
I think there is a myriad of good coaches which we get.However my concern is ,that we have tried to get both neil and dean and bombed out on both(apparently)  why?
Because the club didn't hock it's a rse for a 'miracle', they are not and will not be bigger than our club and that is the way it should be.  How badly do we need a big name sacked coach as a director of coaching anyway?  Its the new black or something lol 
Lots of people name their swords......

the claw

« Reply #66 on: October 04, 2011, 07:49:51 PM »
Because the club didn't hock it's a rse for a 'miracle', they are not and will not be bigger than our club and that is the way it should be.  How badly do we need a big name sacked coach as a director of coaching anyway?  Its the new black or something lol
or it could be they knocked us back for what they thought was the lesser of two evils.

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #67 on: October 04, 2011, 08:08:31 PM »
Your projecting your insecurity onto the club Claw.  Richmond is a great club with great facilities, an excellent young playing group coming through and some excellent people behind them. If potential employees motivation is more money, so be it.  The club obviously didn't think they were worth chasing that hard for the role they wanted them for.  I think the club is showing some spine by not caving in to pressure tactics and panic buying.
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline tigtuff12

• Jack Dyer medallist
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #68 on: October 04, 2011, 08:19:56 PM »
Richmond is a great club with great facilities, an excellent young playing group coming through and some excellent people behind them. If potential employees motivation is more money, so be it.  The club obviously didn't think they were worth chasing that hard for the role they wanted them for.  I think the club is showing some spine by not caving in to pressure tactics and panic buying.

agree mate - and the last thing we need to do is waste/throw around money chasing someone...if the right person for the role isn't there, don't just cave and get something/someone viewed as adequate - especially if it's going to cost a heap...

up to the club now to decide if the position we had is "vital" or if it was put together because Craig (or whoever else) was available and they thought it would be beneficial...if it's not, look at other areas that need filling and get the BEST person for the job at hand...
...the fighting fury...

Offline Danog

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #69 on: October 04, 2011, 08:26:51 PM »
Wouldn't mind getting Nathan Bassett

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #70 on: October 04, 2011, 11:43:57 PM »
Maybe waiting for the right person to assist Hardwick rather than throwing money away to someone who may simply fill the role is better business sense and better sense for our footy club long term.

Fact we have not filled the role may prove a blessing in disguise.
For one Mick I feel won't stay out of footy beyond 2012 IMHO. Let's hope so.

gerkin greg

« Reply #71 on: October 05, 2011, 12:11:50 AM »
fact is we are looking for a senior assistant
craig n bailey have taken on different roles
ego, cash, who knows
nothing to do with the club as the appointment of the highly rated ross smith proves

Offline RedanTiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #72 on: October 05, 2011, 12:36:14 AM »
Bailey went to Adelaide since they were prepared to spend on their footy department.
Craig went to Melbourne for the same reason.
"I am convinced through my dialogue with Cameron Schwab, Garry Lyon and the board, that the Melbourne Football Club is serious about becoming a high performance football club."

"ego, cash, who knows". Maybe they wanted to work with a club prepared to spend on footy as stated by both.
Nothing to do with the club as we lost out on two former senior coaches but got an assistant from Hawthorn.  :banghead

BTW Why are we looking for senior assistants? We don't need to fill the roles that Bailey and Craig now have but do need senior assistants?

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #73 on: October 05, 2011, 07:07:01 AM »
Bailey went to Adelaide since they were prepared to spend on their footy department.
Craig went to Melbourne for the same reason.

Well last time I checked we were/had upped our footy dept spend and will continue to do so. So that argument is a mute point IMHO.

Facts are Bailey was offered a role as a senior assistant , nothing more. Craig was also offfered a role as a senior assistant with the plan to utilise his skills in other areas. The club made offers based on the role on offer & both of these blokes have chosen to go to other clubs offering different roles which likely involve more $$$$.

The fact that the club has refused to get involved in bidding wars and not deviated in what they are after & offering is a positive IMO. Good to see we ar enot panic buying  ;D

I wish people would understand that we are not offering a "Director of Coaching" job, the media (bless them) like to sat that we are but we simply are not

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #74 on: October 05, 2011, 09:36:44 AM »
How many positions do clubs need to freakin invent  :banghead
Save the money and poach some superstars, that will more than likely get the job done!