Author Topic: I can feell a mutiny coming on  (Read 15744 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: I can feell a mutiny coming on
« Reply #120 on: July 26, 2004, 02:13:11 AM »
Wallace wary of turmoil
realfooty.theage.com.au
By Daniella Miletic, Peter Ker
July 26, 2004

Terry Wallace, a prime target for the AFL's coaching vacancies next season, said yesterday said he might not coach at all next year, given the turbulent political climate at both Hawthorn and Richmond football clubs.

Wallace said that "massive changes" would be essential for both clubs, including cutting eight to 10 players on each club's playing list.

While Hawthorn's interim chief executive Jason Dunstall confirmed the club would interview the former Bulldogs coach during the week, Wallace was adamant he would not crawl over broken glass to coach in 2005.

"Not coaching next year is a realistic prospect. If I don't believe the three clubs (Hawthorn, Richmond, Adelaide) are right for Terry Wallace, then certainly Terry Wallace won't coach next year," Wallace said.

"It's such a difficult job that the mix has to be right for you and you have just got to feel that everything is lined up and it is absolutely perfect. Otherwise, I won't do it.

"I am OK financially, I don't have to do it. If I don't think it's right, then I won't put myself and my family through it."

The Hawthorn and Richmond boards are both facing an uncertain future. Rebel Tigers member Michael Pahoff is vowing to submit a petition this week to spill the Richmond board if it refuses to stand down and former Hawthorn board member Don Scott is leading a charge against the Ian Dicker-led Hawks board.

"You really don't want to be in a situation where you are negotiating with one group and then find out that somewhere down the track . . . that that's not the group that you are going to be working with," Wallace said.

"It's more than financial stability, it's so the club can work well. You want to make sure that the people you are talking to are running the club at that stage, and if they are not, or there is some doubt, then you have got to take that into account."

Pahoff said last night he was unconcerned that Wallace had voiced doubts about instability at Richmond and said he did not think the former Bulldogs coach was the right man for the Tigers.

"There are three clubs looking for coaches and potentially four quality coaches available: Wallace, Eade, O'Donnell and Harvey, he said. "So there's more than enough coaches to go around. I don't think Wallace is the right coach for Richmond anyway. I've heard he is going to Hawthorn and chasing money anyway."

Earlier, Richmond president Clinton Casey said he would ask the members who signed Pahoff's petition to withdraw their support for the document.

Casey said the supporters who had signed Pahoff's petition did not realise the gravity of what they were doing.

"I really can't believe that the members that Pahoff courted a few weeks ago fully understood what they were signing, fully understood the timing and the damage that this petition could potentially cause," he said.

"Hopefully we can explain that to those people on the list and we can offer them a better solution, have them withdraw their names, and address any member issues at the end of the season at the appropriate time."

Pahoff started collecting signatures before Richmond's round-12 match against Fremantle and gathered the 100 signatures needed to force an extraordinary general meeting the following week at the match against Carlton.

Casey said submitting the petition would leave the club "with no CEO in the chair, no coach for next year, no board and no president; a position that we think is completely unacceptable for this footy club".

"If the petition does get delivered, we are certainly going to look forward to contacting every single person that is on that list," Casey said.

Pahoff was in the crowd at yesterday's match between Richmond and Melbourne and said he was not surprised by Casey's plan. He said the Richmond supporters were well aware of what his petition stood for.

"I gave them sheets to take home and read, I gave them plenty of information," he said. "There's going to be a lot of disinformation by the board, I can't do much about it. Clinton has his own little world and can't distinguish fact from fiction."

Hawthorn football director Dermott Brereton last night declined to comment on Wallace's remarks, saying only: "That's his perception."

Brereton also said the club had not reconsidered its position of having sacked coach Peter Schwab see out the rest of the season at the helm. "There's been no reconsideration. We expect Peter to see out the request of the club," he said.

http://realfooty.theage.com.au/realfooty/articles/2004/07/25/1090693833764.html?oneclick=true
« Last Edit: July 26, 2004, 02:25:35 AM by mightytiges »
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #121 on: July 26, 2004, 02:50:09 AM »
Not sure why the Club would chase after the signaturees. I thought once a petition is handed in to the Secretary of the Club that's it - a EGM must be called.

Pahoff said last night he was unconcerned that Wallace had voiced doubts about instability at Richmond and said he did not think the former Bulldogs coach was the right man for the Tigers.

"There are three clubs looking for coaches and potentially four quality coaches available: Wallace, Eade, O'Donnell and Harvey, he said. "So there's more than enough coaches to go around. I don't think Wallace is the right coach for Richmond anyway. I've heard he is going to Hawthorn and chasing money anyway."

WTF! Now he thinks he's an expert on AFL coaches (based on a unsubstantiated rumour he heard on the radio). Talk about an massive EGO  >:(  >:(  >:(.

You've made a fatal assumption there Michael. We may want these candidates but who says all or any of the four want to coach us? Remember that's how we ended up with Danny  :banghead.

We've now had two coaching applicants come out in the past two days voicing their concern and Michael is just snubbing his nose at them and more worryingly at our Club's best interests in general.

He is now a walking time bomb holding the club to ransom. God help the RFC :'(.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #122 on: July 26, 2004, 08:45:28 AM »
"I am OK financially, I don't have to do it. If I don't think it's right, then I won't put myself and my family through it."

Are you aure Terry? Mr Pahoff tells me that you are just after the money - see below ::)

"You really don't want to be in a situation where you are negotiating with one group and then find out that somewhere down the track . . . that that's not the group that you are going to be working with," Wallace said.

"It's more than financial stability, it's so the club can work well. You want to make sure that the people you are talking to are running the club at that stage, and if they are not, or there is some doubt, then you have got to take that into account."

First Rodney Eade says it and now Terry Wallace - this couldn't possibly having any influence on our ability ot get a coach could it :-\

I said it on Sunday and I will repeat it - you selfish egotistical man Mr Pahoff. But then again if you say Terry Wallace isn't the man for the Tigers - then that  has to be right because it is your way or no way

"Clinton has his own little world and can't distinguish fact from fiction."

Gee if this situation wasn't so serious that final comment would be funny because Mr Pahoff would appear to be in his own little word too but that doesn't count.

Mr Pahoff continues to prove to me that this whole petition is not about Richmond but about him. Selfish!

Let's look at a few of the things he has told us:

He has told us that Terry Wallace isn't the right man for the job but we shouldn't worry because there are plenty of quality coaches out there and used the classic line "I have heard" to justify his postition.

He has told us we need a new board but he isn't going to stand (that's a positive I suppose), that he isn't aligned to a alternative ticket but Brendan Schwab is a viable option but has not tried to back up this comment.

And the best one of all "it's his football club"

Do the views of other members matter to you Mr Pahoff? Apparently not , why would they?

I said yesterday that IMO Mr Pahoff had shown in the previous 48 hours nothing but comtempt for the members of the RFC. All he has said in the last 24 hours only proves it. SELFISH

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Tiger Spirit

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #123 on: July 26, 2004, 10:15:31 AM »
These people have just reinforced the view that they are doing this for selfish reasons only.  As you’ve mentioned WP.

There is no guarantee of success under the Casey administration, but neither is there any guarantee under any other administration.  And unless any new ticket can guarantee, in writing, that they can deliver success then why should anyone support them?  Especially when they show themselves to be selfish and naïve, by continuing to go down this track.

So we would all be better served to just get behind the footy Club and support them to work through things rather than thinking someone else will do a better job.  Because we have enough history that tells us it’s unlikely they will.  And they won’t because it’s the Richmond way that no administration ever gets the support they need to do better, or the opportunity to make the hard decisions that need to be made.  Instead, as soon as things go wrong, there are people on their back saying they can do better.  And out they go.

All Clubs make mistakes, but the good ones work through and resolve them.  Our solution has always been to make someone the scapegoat.

The way to finally put a stop to this, and the divisiveness that goes with it, is to be prepared to do the hard work that needs doing, on a united front and stop thinking that someone else will do better.
Everything that is done in this world is done by hope.  --Martin Luther

The time you enjoy wasting isn’t wasted time.

Offline om21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Original Melbourne 21
    • Original Melbourne 21
« Reply #124 on: July 26, 2004, 12:44:00 PM »
The minute he starts making comments about coaches, well thats where he tests my patience. Enough is enough.
His job is to just load the gun that is to shoot Casey off the presidency, that is it. Once he oversteps the boundaries he is stuffed and unfortunately with idiotic comments like the above, he is done for.
Den uparxei Ellada xwris AEK.

Finally our new webage: http://www.original21.com/melbourne

Offline JohnF

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • ROFLMAO
« Reply #125 on: July 26, 2004, 01:41:28 PM »
Let this experience be a lesson to whoever signed the petition to never sign any dotted lines unless you know the full ramifications of your actions.

As for Pahoff himself, some feral will king hit him the next time he has the balls to attend a game and isn't having his sabbatical in the states. That will serve him right.

Ox

« Reply #126 on: July 26, 2004, 03:26:23 PM »
LMAOOOJohnF
Beware of anti-semites bearing a pie with sauce and a VB.

Offline Puntroadroar

• Premiership Captain
  • Our Very own Top Gun
« Reply #127 on: July 26, 2004, 03:47:44 PM »
Well when I fly to melbourne again next year and catch a couple of games... pahoff better hope he isnt around, because this feral is pretty peeed off.

LOL
There's no I in team, but there is 5 i's in Individual Brilliance.

Ox

« Reply #128 on: August 29, 2005, 03:55:16 PM »
Wasn't this a fun period kiddies,all for the better :thumbsup

Bring on 06  :cheers

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #129 on: August 29, 2005, 06:05:46 PM »
LOL. I love the "I don't think Wallace is the right coach for Richmond anyway" comment. Classic!

At last it appears the Club is no longer being run as it had been for the past two decades on the short-sighted whims of a small(-minded) minority who thought they were above and knew more than the rest of us. Last year was a complete mess but in years to come we'll all be saying it was the best thing that ever happened to the RFC. It's our Club  :thumbsup.   

Ox

« Reply #130 on: August 29, 2005, 06:58:43 PM »
lmao Mighty.

There are some real pizzers in the archives :shh

Offline JohnF

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • ROFLMAO
« Reply #131 on: August 29, 2005, 07:11:03 PM »
There's some classic threads on this site and this is one of them.

The **** bashing thread was another awesome one as well.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2005, 07:33:17 AM by one-eyed »

Offline JohnF

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • ROFLMAO
« Reply #132 on: August 29, 2005, 07:12:51 PM »
roflmao@petition starters

Ox

« Reply #133 on: August 29, 2005, 07:31:21 PM »
Petitions -LMAOOO

Must be the origin of petty.