Author Topic: VFL R1: Richmond vs Williamstown --- Sun. Apr 10 @ Burbank Oval  (Read 12191 times)

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: VFL R1: Richmond vs Williamstown --- Sun. Apr 10 @ Burbank Oval
« Reply #105 on: April 11, 2016, 09:31:55 AM »
id say it was more a broken heart.

stuffin sick of this bloke and hope they dump his sorry arse
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #106 on: April 11, 2016, 10:01:19 AM »
Liam was crap. 40 knot gale blowing across the ground and he leads to the high side. Would have taken 6 kicks to get to him. No positional or situational awareness at all. And the coaches let him know.

I have an axe to grind here.

Liam McBean, has put on muscle and mass, won the VFL goal kicking twice, has he met KPI's set for him? Has he or any player in our system had KPI's set?I would think so. Personally I would be sick of the club and hope like hell to get traded. Why try your guts out for 3 years and never get a chance to play what he signed up for...AFL.
They will probably give him a game here or there, give him no time to assimilate, say he is no good and bye bye Bean.

If he is leading to the wrong places, kicking to wrong side of ground etc etc surely that would be our own fault for not instilling and enforcing these practices into a player who was a high draft pick and has been in our system for 3 years??

On top of this rant, does anyone know how many VFL games Dimma would have been to in his time at RFC?

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #107 on: April 11, 2016, 10:04:12 AM »
I don't go to many but the ones I've been to, he's been there.
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #108 on: April 11, 2016, 10:17:02 AM »
Liam was crap. 40 knot gale blowing across the ground and he leads to the high side. Would have taken 6 kicks to get to him. No positional or situational awareness at all. And the coaches let him know.

Liam McBean, has put on muscle and mass, won the VFL goal kicking twice, has he met KPI's set for him? Has he or any player in our system had KPI's set?I would think so. Personally I would be sick of the club and hope like hell to get traded. Why try your guts out for 3 years and never get a chance to play what he signed up for...AFL.
They will probably give him a game here or there, give him no time to assimilate, say he is no good and bye bye Bean.

If he is leading to the wrong places, kicking to wrong side of ground etc etc surely that would be our own fault for not instilling and enforcing these practices into a player who was a high draft pick and has been in our system for 3 years??

On top of this rant, does anyone know how many VFL games Dimma would have been to in his time at RFC?

NEEds to learn the defensive aspect of te sport
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #109 on: April 11, 2016, 10:24:16 AM »

Maybe McBean is as dumb as Mr Bean and can't follow the simple basics of footy you'd learn in juniors.
Or maybe he's always been a gun and now he's at punt road Tigeritis has set in and all his skill has been eroded, his ability has been extracted and all his natural awareness avulsed.
Or maybe it's that our development is still the worse in the league.
Or maybe FJ has just picked another dud.
The club that keeps giving.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #110 on: April 11, 2016, 10:35:36 AM »
Maybe McBean is as dumb as Mr Bean and can't follow the simple basics of footy you'd learn in juniors.

Problem with juniors (TAC Cup) is they don't seem be taught any defensive parts to the game....

So many of them that come through haven't got a defensive bone in their collective bodies

Will add (again just from what I saw) he looked last, refused to chase, no 2nd efforts and many times refused to get to contest when he was less than 10 metres from the ball. So many times he was just standing spectating
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #111 on: April 11, 2016, 01:07:37 PM »
has he met KPI's set for him? Personally I would be sick of the club and hope like hell to get traded. Why try your guts out for 3 years and never get a chance to play what he signed up for...AFL.

Pretty much answered your own question. He keeps doing the wrong thing despite what he has been taught so how could he possibly think he deserves a game and demand a trade for not getting one? He tries when it suits him and other than kicking goals he doesn't really want to do anything

Oh and I wouldn't call him a high draft pick. Pick 33 is very speculative

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #112 on: April 11, 2016, 01:18:15 PM »
So basically he played just like Vickery does most weeks then?
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #113 on: April 11, 2016, 01:42:38 PM »
 :thumbsup

you wont get much of a reply to that statement

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #114 on: April 11, 2016, 02:00:13 PM »
:thumbsup

you wont get much of a reply to that statement

No worse actually, at least there is the odd moment where Ty will crash a pack, granted it's rare but McBean certainly didn't yesterday, he didn't go near many packs let alone crash them  :snidegrin
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #115 on: April 11, 2016, 02:54:38 PM »
Yeah now tell us again how Chol's already gone past him.....
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #116 on: April 11, 2016, 03:10:50 PM »
Yeah now tell us again how Chol's already gone past him.....
I think you are confusing statements regarding work rate and overall performance. Liam's overall performance is much much better than Mabior's as one would expect at this stage of development. Where Mabior has been better is in his defensive efforts such as chasing and generally putting pressure on the opposition. In this area he has surpassed Liam already. So in a way you are both right.
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Jackstar 1960

« Reply #117 on: April 11, 2016, 03:19:45 PM »

Problem with juniors (TAC Cup) is they don't seem be taught any defensive parts to the game....

So many of them that come through haven't got a defensive bone in their collective bodies

Will add (again just from what I saw) he looked last, refused to chase, no 2nd efforts and many times refused to get to contest when he was less than 10 metres from the ball. So many times he was just standing spectating

Doesn't seem fit to me

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #118 on: April 11, 2016, 04:06:30 PM »
So basically he played just like Vickery does most weeks then?

Vickery is a soft peanut who doesn't crash packs either. Too busy trying to get it over the back which is something McBean actually has the qualities to do but go figure.

Offline HKTiger

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #119 on: April 11, 2016, 04:47:20 PM »

I hear you, my comment is along the lines,
- of there was a strong wind blowing
- We're kicking into the wind and every kick is dropping 10 meters short.
- Liam leads to a position that would be a solid 2 kicks away.  His opponent went to where the kick was going to land and helped kill the ball and overload us at the contest.
- We needed Liam to provide an option 35 or so meters down the line where the ball was going to go.
That aint coaching.  That's just realization and doing the team thing.  Providing an option for guys getting slammed.  The body language of at least one senior coach was telling.
Having said that.  At a contest a while later, he looks laconic, I'm berating him under my breathe, then he spins, taps a ground ball to himself, handballs through traffic and we kick a goal.  He's 2 meters tall, and I sized him next to the two Ivan's, he's taller that Ivan snr and just shorter than Ivan junior and is better at ground ball work than half our mids.  So he has a unique skill set but it he needs to play tall at times and that does not appear natural for him and it hurt us at times on Sunday.
And then he joins a ruck contest and taps well and to advantage.