Author Topic: Jeff Garlett to Richmond?  (Read 6302 times)

Offline Tigers of Old

• Premiership Captain
  • @Tigers_of_Old
Re: Jeff Garlett to Richmond?
« Reply #90 on: June 18, 2014, 11:04:21 PM »
Still no comment on his performances without Betts around......
Care to comment?

;D

Offline greyhound bob

• Tiger Rookie
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #91 on: June 19, 2014, 03:04:50 PM »
Wouldn't give u 2 mcg watered down beers

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #92 on: June 19, 2014, 04:27:21 PM »
what are people willing to give up for Garlett?

Must be players, no picks.

Foley
Houli
Batch
Helbig
Grigg (but won't happen)

They would entice the scum.

You reckon?

Not a chance in hell that Mick Malthouse would want any of those at the blues.

Would demand better than that or picks

He would take S Edwards but we stuffed up and re signed him!!
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Rampstar

« Reply #93 on: June 19, 2014, 04:30:41 PM »

a used bandaid  ;D Just to keep everything in line with Richmonds Moneyball recruiting where Band Aid measures and bandaid recruiting are in full swing  ;D

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #94 on: June 19, 2014, 06:12:47 PM »
FFS. The guy is 24 and with no injuries.  He should be at the peak of his powers, not languishing in the magoos!

Why isn't he tearing it up?  What's the excuse?

I say he can't play consistently well without Betts. He can't handle the number 1 small defender.

What does big tone and claw say?

Common, give us your explanation on what is his problem since you want us to recruit him.

The floor is yours!
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

the claw

« Reply #95 on: June 19, 2014, 07:23:57 PM »
FFS. The guy is 24 and with no injuries.  He should be at the peak of his powers, not languishing in the magoos!

I say he can't play consistently well without Betts. He can't handle the number 1 small defender.

Common, give us your explanation on what is his problem since you want us to recruit him.

The floor is yours!
when people start having hissy fits demanding answers  i usually ignore em just to pisss em off even more.

hmm in answer to your question i have no idea as to why garlett is having a poor yr.  there could be lots of reasons. do i think the absence of betts makes it a bit harder yeah in some ways. but theres a flip side to that as well. where it should be benificial to him.

its laughable with posters like you.  we could have a bloke who does nothing for 4 yrs and then has one good yr and hes a keeper hes a damn fine player.
yet here we have a player who unlike a lot of our players has actually strung 3 or 4 good yrs together and as soon as hes in a form slump hes a dud. fair dinkum i dont get it.
when we asses players what the hell do we asses them on.  like i said there are some serious immbeciles on this site who dont have one iota of common sense to save themselves.

what i would like to know is what expectations do you have for a sml fwd.  how many goals is acceptable what attributes goal sense pace reads the play well.  sure garlett has some weaknesses he could improve on but as a sml fwd he ticks most boxes for me.
whats left, just performance and his performances over a pretty sustained period performing a role has been pretty darn good.

cmon you demand answers you rate his performances overall you rate his wstrengths and weaknesses and tell us all what you dont like or even better what hes doesnt do well or lacks in.

tony_montana

« Reply #96 on: June 19, 2014, 07:27:12 PM »

The floor is yours!
when people start having hissy fits demanding answers  i usually ignore em just to pees em off even more.

hmm in answer to your question i have no idea as to why garlett is having a poor yr.  there could be lots of reasons. do i think the absence of betts makes it a bit harder yeah in some ways. but theres a flip side to that as well. where it should be benificial to him.

its laughable with posters like you.  we could have a bloke who does nothing for 4 yrs and then has one good yr and hes a keeper hes a damn fine player.
yet here we have a player who unlike a lot of our players has actually strung 3 or 4 good yrs together and as soon as hes in a form slump hes a dud. fair dinkum i dont get it.
when we asses players what the hell do we asses them on.  like i said there are some serious immbeciles on this site who dont have one iota of common sense to save themselves.

what i would like to know is what expectations do you have for a sml fwd.  how many goals is acceptable what attributes goal sense pace reads the play well.  sure garlett has some weaknesses he could improve on but as a sml fwd he ticks most boxes for me.
whats left, just performance and his performances over a pretty sustained period performing a role has been pretty darn good.

cmon you demand answers you rate his performances overall you rate his wstrengths and weaknesses and tell us all what you dont like or even better what hes doesnt do well or lacks in.

what would you pay for him claw? Bc whilst I would jump at getting him on the cheap ie PSD or a late pick we all know that aint going to happen. I wouldn't give up a 2nd or even 3rd rounder for him and I think that's where most of the pushback is coming from, no one would be prepared to pay what carlton will demand

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #97 on: June 19, 2014, 07:33:49 PM »

The floor is yours!
when people start having hissy fits demanding answers  i usually ignore em just to pees em off even more.

:lol touche!

the claw

« Reply #98 on: June 19, 2014, 07:42:58 PM »
lol after all the crying like a baby  all we get is touche,  ya know theres an old saying put up or shut up.
with that sort of answer, so as not to look any sillier than you already  do  id suggest you shut up. im happy to debate the pros and cons of just about any debate on footy but it really does stop with childishness.

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #99 on: June 19, 2014, 07:49:28 PM »
lol after all the crying like a baby  all we get is touche,  ya know theres an old saying put up or shut up.
with that sort of answer, so as not to look any sillier than you already  do  id suggest you shut up. im happy to debate the pros and cons of just about any debate on footy but it really does stop with childishness.
I thought the same.  :thumbsup     And just couldn't be bothered....

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #100 on: June 19, 2014, 08:41:38 PM »
Mate I was in the car driving when I read it. Could hardly text any more than what I did. Fair suck of the sausage!!!

As for Garlett….
Positives: Pace, reads the ball off the hands well and can kick goals (at least in the past). Plays well when the side plays well. Good when not much attention is paid to him.

Negatives: Mentally weak - when he is having a bad day he can rarely contribute in any other way on the field and is generally a liability.  Struggles when he has the opposition's best small forward defender on him (hence why he has done poorly without Betts). Poor defensively, especially when he is having a bad day offensively. Can miss the most basic goals at time and takes the wrong option frequently.

Bottom line for me (as with any player) is that his best and his worst are far too far apart!!!!!!
We already have enough of those types for my liking. 

As for you big tone, what is your excuse for not answering my question?  At least claw had the decency to answer.  You just sit there in the gallery and take pot shots with name calling and the like.
You'd be a nightmare to live with if you behave the same way at home as you do on this forum!

Offline tdy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #101 on: June 19, 2014, 10:25:56 PM »

The floor is yours!

what would you pay for him claw? Bc whilst I would jump at getting him on the cheap ie PSD or a late pick we all know that aint going to happen. I wouldn't give up a 2nd or even 3rd rounder for him and I think that's where most of the pushback is coming from, no one would be prepared to pay what carlton will demand

Your spot on but I would give up a late 3rd rounder around 50 and the scum wouldn't go for that.  He would be an upgrade on shedwards.
But honestly I'd rather the recruiting dept spend their time on getting kids and finding a half forward and another tall down back.  A really good kick out of defense would help too.  Just generally add talent to the defense please.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #102 on: June 20, 2014, 06:59:13 AM »

Foley
Houli
Batch
Helbig
Grigg (but won't happen)

You reckon?

Malthouse would take S Edwards? As JP McEnroe would say "you can't be serious"

Not a chance
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #103 on: June 20, 2014, 08:10:13 AM »

Foley
Houli
Batch
Helbig
Grigg (but won't happen)

You reckon?

Not a chance

Well then, that goes to show how crap our team is really doesn't it!!!
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #104 on: June 20, 2014, 10:30:40 AM »

Foley
Houli
Batch
Helbig
Grigg (but won't happen)

You reckon?

Not a chance

Well then, that goes to show how crap our team is really doesn't it!!!
Ask yourself this and be 100% honest

If your Carlton and you wanted to trade Garlett to the RFC what or who would you want to get the deal done?

Guarantee it ain't S Edward, Houli or Foley

You'd want and demand a 2nd round pick or a player(s)

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)