Author Topic: Andrew Browne [merged]  (Read 21500 times)

Offline camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Andrew Browne to debut
« Reply #45 on: March 27, 2009, 09:53:11 AM »
I thought he was one of the only shining lights, got in and mixed it for a few touches.

Wasn't bad for his first game.

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #46 on: March 27, 2009, 01:47:30 PM »
I think it's more to do with the fact that he was better than any alternative

Thats a pretty damning indictment on Putt and Graham, who I confess I havent seen play for the 'burgers

Graham yes, Putt not so much

Tigermonk

« Reply #47 on: March 27, 2009, 03:20:47 PM »
Well it says that we are failing to coach our other bigmen properly & concerns me greatly when he gets a game before other ruckmen

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #48 on: March 27, 2009, 04:06:36 PM »
Listen to the wolves circling!  ::) TW had a crap night but he is not responsible for every $#%^& mistake we made on the field.

Browne was overlooked by every other club but competed well against the liked of King and Gardiner in the pre-season so was given a chance. I thought he was better than Simmonds who was a discrace last night. I watched him tap down to our players but their midfield swapped ours afterwards. Is that Brownes fault? Browne was also good at ground level with good kicking and handballing skills.

I think he will prove to be a real asset in the future but if he does that won't be because TW recruited or coached him well now will it...lets keep some perpective please. TW was ordinary last night but the bushfies, 9/11 and sinking of the titanic were not his fault OK!  :P

Stripes

Offline Fluffy Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes I was realy born in Richmond
    • Canning A.R.T.S.
« Reply #49 on: March 27, 2009, 04:23:18 PM »

Browne was overlooked by every other club but competed well against the liked of King and Gardiner in the pre-season so was given a chance. I thought he was better than Simmonds who was a discrace last night. I watched him tap down to our players but their midfield swapped ours afterwards.
Stripes

I agree Stripes. I dont get what it is with Simmonds ruck work. Why does he jump early or not at all. He never really seems to go for a jump and tap. Has this always been his way ??. Is he being told to do this ?? 

I hope the other young guys are not being tought to do this as to me its just a sign that he cant get up and win a tapout.

As far as Browne goes,  18 years old, MCG. 85,000, rookie elevated.  What more would you expect in a ruckman that normally take years to develop. He did ok.
Here , kitty kitty. Here , kitty kitty.   AAAUGH!

Tigermonk

« Reply #50 on: March 27, 2009, 04:27:41 PM »
l was stating that if Browne is getting a game before our other Ruckmen that we are failing somewhere in the development of the other Ruckmen,
l didnot state anywhere that Browne didnot play a good game & anything about his talent
Yes l agree Simmonds had a night to forget he was aweful
did Simmonds have a full preseason ?

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #51 on: March 27, 2009, 05:49:26 PM »
did Simmonds have a full preseason ?

Yes he did
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #52 on: March 27, 2009, 06:19:10 PM »
I agree Stripes. I dont get what it is with Simmonds ruck work. Why does he jump early or not at all. He never really seems to go for a jump and tap. Has this always been his way ??. Is he being told to do this ??
I think it's because he is so short for a ruckman. He tries to jump early to get a ride on his opponent to the ball or to at least try to nullify his opponents run at the ball.

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #53 on: March 28, 2009, 08:27:58 PM »
Listen to the wolves circling!  ::) TW had a crap night but he is not responsible for every $#%^& mistake we made on the field.

Browne was overlooked by every other club but competed well against the liked of King and Gardiner in the pre-season so was given a chance. I thought he was better than Simmonds who was a discrace last night. I watched him tap down to our players but their midfield swapped ours afterwards. Is that Brownes fault? Browne was also good at ground level with good kicking and handballing skills.

I think he will prove to be a real asset in the future but if he does that won't be because TW recruited or coached him well now will it...lets keep some perpective please. TW was ordinary last night but the bushfies, 9/11 and sinking of the titanic were not his fault OK!  :P

Stripes
Even if TW was the skipper of the titanic you would say he did a good job.
BORING

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #54 on: March 29, 2009, 02:02:38 AM »
I think it's because he is so short for a ruckman. He tries to jump early to get a ride on his opponent to the ball or to at least try to nullify his opponents run at the ball.
Infamy is right. The large circle restricting ruckmen run-ups favours taller 200+cm ruckmen so Simmo being "only" 197cm tall jumps early to try and nullify the ruck contest and give our mids a better chance. He's been doing it for a few years now. The one thing Browne has in his favour even though he is young and inexperienced is that he is very tall (205cm) and big (101kgs). The type of tall ruckman that we've lacked. 
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline tiger till i die

• RFC Hall of Fame
Andrew Browne [merged]
« Reply #55 on: May 15, 2010, 10:37:45 AM »
Details
Number   34
Height   205cm
Weight   105kg
DOB   07-07-1990
Debut   2009

The guy is pretty big.. any news how good he is doing ? is he good ?

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Andrew Browne
« Reply #56 on: May 15, 2010, 12:54:51 PM »
Is that good compared to our other rucks or compared to all the other teams rucks?

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #57 on: May 15, 2010, 01:36:20 PM »
Is that good compared to our other rucks or compared to all the other teams rucks?

What ruck in our team are you trying to compare him too and against other rucks in the competition he has a long way to go apparently.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline Beren

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #58 on: May 15, 2010, 01:49:46 PM »
Browne not ready yet but would rather have him than Gus any day.
In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #59 on: May 15, 2010, 02:07:54 PM »
Browne not ready yet but would rather have him than Gus any day.

If not now then when is he ready???
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"