Author Topic: The Fighting Tiger Fund - "Giving 110%" [merged]  (Read 65914 times)

Offline blaisee

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: The Fighting Tiger Fund
« Reply #375 on: March 18, 2011, 02:18:01 PM »
So a rough guessimate of the breakdown is ....

220,000 ............ supporters' donations (pre-gala night)
   600,000 ............ gala attendees' entrance donations (200 people x $3000)
1,080,000 ............ anonymous benefactors group' donation
   250,000 ............ board, staff and players' donations
   150,000 ............ remainder of combined gala night donations (in excess of $3000 entry)
----------------------

it wasnt a ticket of 3k to come, there were no tickets.

It was just an expectation that each person that attended would contribute a minimum of 3k. Some contributed more, some contributed 3k

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #376 on: March 18, 2011, 04:57:46 PM »
So a rough guessimate of the breakdown is ....

220,000 ............ supporters' donations (pre-gala night)
   600,000 ............ gala attendees' entrance donations (200 people x $3000)
1,080,000 ............ anonymous benefactors group' donation
   250,000 ............ board, staff and players' donations
   150,000 ............ remainder of combined gala night donations (in excess of $3000 entry)
----------------------

it wasnt a ticket of 3k to come, there were no tickets.

It was just an expectation that each person that attended would contribute a minimum of 3k. Some contributed more, some contributed 3k
I realised that blaisee. I just put it that way roughly to get to the tally we have now.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #377 on: March 18, 2011, 06:44:32 PM »
David King on 3aw just said $2.3m is a touch disappointing. Dwayne Russell replied it's still pretty good although Richmond were expecting about $2.5 - 3.0 million on the night. Russell then said 3aw got word last night of a $1.5m donation but it turned out it was $1m instead. King then acted as though a $1m donation wasn't such a big a deal for such a event ??? and Russell said you don't knock someone writing a seven figure cheque.

A bit disappointing that it seems the gala night didn't get a mention on either Seven or Nine newses as I was flicking between them. At least Ch 10 showed some decent vision of the night including KB and Neville Crowe sitting together and having what looked like a good friendly chat. Good to see any old differences finally put to bed for the good of the Club  :).

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #378 on: March 18, 2011, 07:40:39 PM »
A bit disappointing that it seems the gala night didn't get a mention on either Seven or Nine newses as I was flicking between them. At least Ch 10 showed some decent vision of the night including KB and Neville Crowe sitting together and having what looked like a good friendly chat. Good to see any old differences finally put to bed for the good of the Club  :).

Yes it was amazing who managed to appear on the Ch10 news  :rollin :rollin :shh

:cheers
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #379 on: March 18, 2011, 08:14:16 PM »
Ramps i think we done well considering where we are as a club, and world events.

A win in Rd 1 and IMO the money will come. i will donate another few hundred if we top the Blues and thats just me. Im sure there are a hell of a lot of people waiting to see if we can show something this year before digging into our pockets.

Gale should be commended for what he has one so far. I always said  recruit him and we well on our way.

I think Gale's vision for our club is better than anyone we have had at the club before

Benny Gale is the new Greame Richmond maybe even better :gotigers
The club that keeps giving.

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #380 on: March 18, 2011, 08:17:16 PM »
Great effort so far, now the powers sit down and brainstorm how we get the rest, that I believe will be the hardest part & the $$$ will come if they are on their game.

jackstar is back again

« Reply #381 on: March 18, 2011, 08:39:49 PM »
win a few games would be a good plan

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #382 on: March 18, 2011, 08:58:47 PM »
win a few games would be a good plan

Thanks for that.

$2.3m is a fantastic start. Along with a very strong membership this year and a reasonable increase in sponsorship - ME Bank should at least see us net +$1m in sponsorship TY we should be looking at a profit of $1m+ this year.

With no debt and no interest rate payments to pay down debt - we are staring down the barrel of a debt free, cash laden club with leading edge facilities for a finals push into 2012!!!
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #383 on: March 18, 2011, 09:03:54 PM »
im still expecting that through the course of the season we will break through 4mn...i tellya philanthropy is a crowded market with alot of good causes out there...to be near 2.5 within 2 months is an excellant effort. there are more major activities planned..we'll get there. last night was a sterling effort to all involved.
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline peggles

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #384 on: March 18, 2011, 09:15:27 PM »
David King on 3aw just said $2.3m is a touch disappointing. Dwayne Russell replied it's still pretty good although Richmond were expecting about $2.5 - 3.0 million on the night. Russell then said 3aw got word last night of a $1.5m donation but it turned out it was $1m instead. King then acted as though a $1m donation wasn't such a big a deal for such a event ??? and Russell said you don't knock someone writing a seven figure cheque.

it seems to me david king has never said a good word about us since he left as assistant coach.  Must be still a bit bitter for not being kept on, as he would be when his beloved north melbourne is dirt poor and can still only manage 21000 members 1 week out from round 1.

Offline MADTIGER2010

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #385 on: March 18, 2011, 09:32:04 PM »
I donated my 2nd $50 amount today  ;D

tony_montana

« Reply #386 on: March 19, 2011, 12:33:51 AM »
So is this money immediately being thrown on the debt? They should, as we will save ourselves 2-300k in interest immediately.

Offline tiger4life

• Future Richmond star
« Reply #387 on: March 19, 2011, 03:17:25 AM »
So is this money immediately being thrown on the debt? They should, as we will save ourselves 2-300k in interest immediately.

It has been reported by a couple people that were in attendance on the night that the Club will put 50% into the Football Department and 50% to service the debt.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #388 on: March 19, 2011, 12:10:17 PM »
It has been reported by a couple people that were in attendance on the night that the Club will put 50% into the Football Department and 50% to service the debt.

This is correct
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

10 FLAGS

« Reply #389 on: March 19, 2011, 12:13:14 PM »
If the club believes that football expenditure is this important and the target is $6 million and that we all know it, why doesnt the club put the first $3 million into football projects. By doing that the football dividend will result quicker. After the first 3 million then every other dollar could go into debt. Just my opinion.