Author Topic: Richmond vs West Coast @ Optus Stadium, Rnd 9, 2018 - Top of the Table clash!!!  (Read 22728 times)

Offline rogerd3

• RFC Hall of Fame
Did we turn our toes up today.

Offline sugark

• Premiership Captain
Townsend did a good job I thought, Hurn largely ineffective

Offline sugark

• Premiership Captain
All credit to the Eagles but we were due for a flat one. Need to bounce back real strong next week

Offline Lozza

• RFC Hall of Fame
Eagles great today but geez on most occasions the ball  bounced their way plus they couldnt miss a shot at goal. Even their miss kicks were finding their man, thought our day was summed up in the last seconds when Butler could have strolled in and kicked the goal but passed to Jack as the siren went.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Feed him with lefts and rights, Edwards

It was a fearful blow wasn’t it

Online Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
Townsend did a good job I thought, Hurn largely ineffective

I agree but we need another tall and he's the obvious choice to make way without affecting the structure or gameplan too much. :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Slipper

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Not an excuse for the loss as we got smashed but for the record we received just one free kick after half-time (to the Eagles 14).

1st:  6 - 3
2nd: 3 - 4
3rd: 1 - 8
4th: 0 - 6

Laughable really.

Any Western Australian who says the GF should not be at the MCG only needs to look at these consistent imbalances to see why it neess ti be played at an impartial venue.

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
conca and his 8 iron need permanent replacing. i didnt like castagnas game either. grigg was garbage. Lloyd needs to gtfo

it wouldnt hurt to try a few newbies over the next fortnight. send a message to the group.

"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
Not an excuse for the loss as we got smashed but for the record we received just one free kick after half-time (to the Eagles 14).

Laughable really.

Any Western Australian who says the GF should not be at the MCG only needs to look at these consistent imbalances to see why it neess ti be played at an impartial venue.

most times i would agree, but watching the last half i would say a lot of those free kicks  were holding the ball and were there.

They wanted it and attached us like no other team has for a very long time.

That is 2 interstate games now we havent given a yelp.

Its a shame in a way we dont have a difficult opponent next week. We will smash stkilda.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
I know a number of our players have credits in the bank because we won the flag

But.....

Outside of Vlastuin & Short the rest of the back 6 were deplorable.

Rance- poor,

Astbury completed towelled up.

Houli - see he turned up in the fianl quarter.

Broad tried hard but when those around him are terrible, he's lost

Butler - can't defend him tonight, shocking.

Lloyd - showed today why he's a depth player only. Horrible

See people are bagging Nank. I thought he was great, yes he got beaten but gee he kept having a dip. Can't say that about alot of his team mates

Fuming with Cotchin who outside of having a shocker, to give away that 50 metre penalty when they had the momentum and gift them sofest of goals was disgraceful.

I could go on but cantbe stuffed, just want to get home

Said earlier they are feral over here. Struth that's being kind

And how we can only get 1 free kick in a half of footy simply doesnt make sense
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline sugark

• Premiership Captain

Laughable really.

most times i would agree, but watching the last half i would say a lot of those free kicks  were holding the ball and were there.

They wanted it and attached us like no other team has for a very long time.

That is 2 interstate games now we havent given a yelp.

Its a shame in a way we dont have a difficult opponent next week. We will smash stkilda.

It's more about the free kicks you don't get, that's the imbalance

Offline Slipper

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
The Eagles fans are fairly carrying on over here about towelling us up and being on top of the ladder.

Good luck to them, I think they might get a rude shock towards the business end of the season. They have a pretty soft draw IMO.

Offline Lozza

• RFC Hall of Fame
I know a number of our players have credits in the bank because we won the flag

But.....

Outside of Vlastuin & Short the rest of the back 6 were deplorable.

Rance- poor,

Astbury completed towelled up.

Houli - see he turned up in the fianl quarter.

Broad tried hard but when those around him are terrible, he's lost

Butler - can't defend him tonight, shocking.

Lloyd - showed today why he's a depth player only. Horrible

See people are bagging Nank. I thought he was great, yes he got beaten but gee he kept having a dip. Can't say that about alot of his team mates

Fuming with Cotchin who outside of having a shocker, to give away that 50 metre penalty when they had the momentum and gift them sofest of goals was disgraceful.

I could go on but cantbe stuffed, just want to get home

Said earlier they are feral over here. Struth that's being kind

And how we can only get 1 free kick in a half of footy simply doesnt make sense
Has that even happened before? Would have bet the house on us losing the free kick differential but 1 free in the second half is ludicrous.

Cotchins miss in the second quarter also a momentum killer, should have nailed that one.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
true, but which ones should we have got? I kind of gave up watching all passages of play in that third and was talking to family.

Perhaps jack should have got one, but in that third they were brutal and deserved everything they got IMO.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Lozza

• RFC Hall of Fame
true, but which ones should we have got? I kind of gave up watching all passages of play in that third and was talking to family.

Perhaps jack should have got one, but in that third they were brutal and deserved everything they got IMO.
Agree that we were outplayed and in a lot of cases second to the ball but there were a few holding frees that i think they missed which WC received for very similar offences.

The thing is that even when we have dished out similar dominance over other teams we still on most occasions have lost the free kick count, as i understand we sit bottom of the free kick differential ladder so we must be doing something horribly wrong.