Author Topic: Chris Knights does his ACL at training [update]  (Read 94582 times)

Online georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Chris Knights officially a Tiger [merged]
« Reply #225 on: October 06, 2012, 12:25:46 PM »
Guys cant remember him as player can someone give a brief rundown on his strenghts and weaknesses.I know he has be injuried of late.I see him more playing in the guts midfield.

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #226 on: October 06, 2012, 03:37:32 PM »
Haven't seen much of Knights in the last few years. Was a good player back in 09 but so was I. Terry Wallace was still coach back in those days too.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2012, 04:03:25 PM by one-eyed »

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #227 on: October 06, 2012, 03:47:57 PM »
Haven't seen much of Knights in the last few years. Was a good player back in 09 but so was I. Terry Wallace was still coach back in those days too.

Was a good coach too. hard done by IMO

Edit: quote edited
« Last Edit: October 06, 2012, 04:04:11 PM by one-eyed »

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #228 on: October 06, 2012, 04:05:27 PM »

Was a good coach too. hard done by IMO

Edit: quote edited

Funny!

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #229 on: November 17, 2012, 01:51:06 PM »
Tiger Knights fit and firing
By Jennifer Witham
afl.com.au
Sat 17 Nov, 2012

A FIT and firing Chris Knights is optimistic his shift from Adelaide to Richmond will prompt his best football and the consistent opportunities he was denied in his final year as a Crow.

Knights, 26, was the first player to utilise free agency last month when he seamlessly became a Tiger after eight years at West Lakes.

He started pre-season training with his new teammates on Thursday, and for the first time in a number of years, did so outside the rehabilitation group having not required post-season surgery.

Knights said he felt as though he was in a good position - physically and mentally - to attack season 2013 after an incident-free break.

"I'm really in good shape and I've had a good off-season - I've continued to train for most of the break," Knights said on Saturday after the Tigers' 2km time trial at Princes Park.

"I've had some unfortunate things; a foot in 2010, some hips things and a few other little bits and pieces in the last three years so it has been a bit frustrating.

"I was saying to some of the boys this is going to be the first pre-season I haven't had surgery for awhile so it's been good."

Knights said he was feeling good after his decision to leave Adelaide, and he felt as though his departure wasn't tainted with animosity.

"I didn't get much of a run last year, which was pretty frustrating for me," he said.

"The team was playing pretty well and I sort of got off to a slow start with a few injuries.

"[The Crows] understood I needed to do what was best for me in terms of making sure that I played senior games.

"I had a couple of good conversations with the coaching staff and David Noble in list management, and I think we both came to the conclusion that whilst they wanted me to stay, they understood my reasons for leaving.

"The free agency thing meant I was able to move really pain free so I was appreciative and fortunate the transition was smooth."

After talks with former Crow Maric, who moved to the Tigers 12 months ago, Knights decided Punt Road was the home for him based on their direction, culture and leadership.

He said his experience in the AFL, which includes 96 senior games since 2005, had left him feeling confident in his ability to do what was required to make a regular impact.

"I think you get to this age and you feel comfortable with AFL and what's the expectations and the pressures and that sort of thing," he said.

"You know what you need to focus on and you've just got to go and do your business.

"The game is forever evolving and everyone is training harder and doing things better.

"Whilst you may feel that you're in your prime, you've just got to make sure that you keep working hard and doing everything to the best of your ability because everyone is trying to take your spot.

"Hopefully, nothing is guaranteed, but I can put a really good pre-season in and put my claim forward and get a run next year."

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/151255/default.aspx

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Happy homecoming for Chris Knights ............ (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #230 on: November 18, 2012, 01:49:35 AM »
Happy homecoming for Chris Knights

Glenn McFarlane
    November 18, 2012

TIGERS fans might have another reason to love Ivan Maric - he was a key reason why Chris Knights quit Adelaide for Richmond.

Knights admitted yesterday that Maric, whom he had played with at the Crows, had given a glowing assessment of the Tigers' culture and playing list.

"Ivan moved last year, so he spoke to me about the inner sanctum of the (Richmond) football club, the brand they are creating, and the direction the players and the club are headed in," Knights said after his first time-trial with the Tigers yesterday.

"I suppose most of all it is the culture of the club, which is being led by 'Dimma' (coach Damien Hardwick) and the leadership group, and the players are really embracing that.

"Richmond seems to be on the right track and definitely leading the way in terms of how they are going about it."

Knights, 26, managed only five senior games with Adelaide this year to take his career tally to 96 after a few niggling injuries and being overlooked in selection gave him limited game time.

But on his best form Knights can make a real impact with the Tigers and he has just had his first post-season surgery-free period for a number of years.

"I didn't get much of a run last year, which was pretty frustrating for me," he said.

"The team was playing well and I got off to a slow start with a few injuries.

"They (Adelaide) understood I needed to do what was best for me in making sure I played senior games. (And) free agency meant I was able to move (clubs) really pain free.

"Nothing is guaranteed (at Richmond), but hopefully I can put in a good pre-season and put my claim forward."

Knights, who was drafted to the Crows in late 2004, said the temptation to return to Victoria was always there.

"Being an interstate boy (from Vermont), you always think about coming home," he said.

"I really enjoyed my time in Adelaide, but it was always in mind to play football in Victoria and come back to my family and friends."

"I am feeling really good at the moment.

"I think when you get to this age, you feel comfortable with the expectation and pressure (of play- ing AFL).

"You know what you have to focus on.

"But the game is always evolving. You may feel you are in your prime, but you have to keep working hard because everyone is trying to take your spot."

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/afl/more-news/happy-homecoming-for-chris-knights/story-e6frf9jf-1226518792840

Online Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #231 on: November 18, 2012, 12:51:08 PM »
I like chris knights from Adelaide.

I know he's had some injury concers but hes a decent forward/mid that's got good size. Makes our smalls look like little auskickers in comparison. 

He's  Melbourne boy too with limited opportunity this year. May want to come home.

I like him.

What insight!!! And Posted in July.   :clapping
Well done Tigra well done.  :cheers :bow :thumbsup
 :clapping  :clapping  :clapping
The club that keeps giving.

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #232 on: November 18, 2012, 07:04:50 PM »

I know he's had some injury concers but hes a decent forward/mid that's got good size. Makes our smalls look like little auskickers in comparison. 

He's  Melbourne boy too with limited opportunity this year. May want to come home.

I like him.

Look, Chris Knights will be going to North Melbourne. End of story clowns.

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #233 on: November 18, 2012, 08:00:34 PM »

I like him.

Great get.

Not such a great effort patting yourself on the back. ;D

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #234 on: November 18, 2012, 08:09:33 PM »
Yeah good get, hat is off
Go Tigers!

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #235 on: November 18, 2012, 08:12:51 PM »

I like him.

Are you stuffing serious? More a case of the sun finding its way to shine on a black dogs backside
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #236 on: November 18, 2012, 08:15:51 PM »
 :lol
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #237 on: November 19, 2012, 05:55:18 PM »

Offline Tig3rMan

• Tiger Rookie
  • For We're From Tigerland
Chris Knights Update
« Reply #238 on: March 18, 2013, 10:49:06 AM »
Hi Everyone!

Long time reader first time poster! I have notice over the last few weeks everyone has been asking why Knights is not playing. Well watching this weeks episode of DT Talk, they had a segment interviewing Jack Riewoldt. He was asked about Chris Kinghts and Jack mentioned reason for not playing in the last few weeks is because Knights is struggling with a calf injury at the moment.

Here is the link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=lhgM_1qrIWk#at=1184

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Chris Knights Update
« Reply #239 on: March 18, 2013, 10:55:58 AM »
Hi Everyone!

Long time reader first time poster! I have notice over the last few weeks everyone has been asking why Knights is not playing. Well watching this weeks episode of DT Talk, they had a segment interviewing Jack Riewoldt. He was asked about Chris Kinghts and Jack mentioned reason for not playing in the last few weeks is because Knights is struggling with a calf injury at the moment.

Here is the link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=lhgM_1qrIWk#at=1184

Cheers, he played yesterday though for Coburg didn't he?
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"