Author Topic: Chris Knights does his ACL at training [update]  (Read 93093 times)

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Chris Knights does his ACL at training [update]
« Reply #675 on: September 10, 2015, 08:06:33 PM »
Sad way to end your career, regardless of opinions or circumstances.  By all accounts a top quality bloke with an A grade attitude so there was probably an intangible benefit to having him around for a few years, even if he didn't grace the field too often and we didn't get value for money game-wise.

Offline lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #676 on: September 10, 2015, 08:28:54 PM »
my memory aint brilliant these days ,but I think the handful of games he played for us were all class

He could in fact play. Those games in 2013 when he put on a Richmond jumper he was great for us. In fact he kicked 3 goals against the dockers that year (that game when we lost by one point because of the umpire/goalkeeper)

It reallys sucks his body isn't built for the rigors of AFL. He definitely had the skill and the smarts

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #677 on: September 11, 2015, 11:00:30 AM »
Actually the memory for me is being in Adelaide the day he dislocated his knee cap that led to the damaging ligaments that were compared to those of a car accident victim. Even the surgeons said it was a freak injury

But it's easier to bag him for being injury prone I suppose

Anyways, I wish him the best, a terrific bloke who was a great role model for our younger players (source = our younger players)

You don't think the rest of his injuries give an indication he was injury prone? Or do we ignore them because of "one freak accident" which I could argue only occurred because he was injury prone. If he wasn't injury prone then he could of been less likely to have a "freak accident"

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #678 on: September 11, 2015, 12:07:04 PM »
Actually the memory for me is being in Adelaide the day he dislocated his knee cap that led to the damaging ligaments that were compared to those of a car accident victim. Even the surgeons said it was a freak injury

But it's easier to bag him for being injury prone I suppose

Anyways, I wish him the best, a terrific bloke who was a great role model for our younger players (source = our younger players)

You don't think the rest of his injuries give an indication he was injury prone? Or do we ignore them because of "one freak accident" which I could argue only occurred because he was injury prone. If he wasn't injury prone then he could of been less likely to have a "freak accident"

Re His previous knee injury (the dislocation & ligament damage) no I don't think that had anything to do with being injury prone. Going by what I was told about that one I am firm in that belief. The issue last season with the soreness that came from that knee problem that ended up being floating bone, I put squarely back on the club for not managing / investigating it properly. Not being injury prone

The others in particular the hamstrings I concede are clearly caused by having soft tissue issues.

But the big knee he did while with us no, that was just a freak injury.

As for yesterday events, it doesn't really matter now I just feel for the bloke because he's a ripping fella.
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)