Author Topic: Nick Vlastuin [merged]  (Read 231676 times)

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Nick Vlastuin [merged]
« Reply #495 on: March 24, 2015, 03:46:33 PM »
What are peoples thought about trying this guy in the forward line as the crumbing forward we lack??

Get Morris in the back line and use Vlas forward??

Why change his position from where he has always played?

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #496 on: March 24, 2015, 03:50:17 PM »
What are peoples thought about trying this guy in the forward line as the crumbing forward we lack??

Are we allowed to change players positions?

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #497 on: March 24, 2015, 03:59:14 PM »

Are we allowed to change players positions?

Depends on the player, you need to ask confirmation from WAT. So far I have gathered you can't change Lambert around but you can change Vlaustin. Keep me updated

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #498 on: March 24, 2015, 04:01:34 PM »
I think it's ok to play players in different positions if the move is WAT's idea.
If someone could tell Damien this, that'd be great.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #499 on: March 24, 2015, 04:28:41 PM »
Well why not, he seems to move them around why cant we????

I don't agree with his moves, but the Vlas one could work...I will cal him.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #500 on: March 24, 2015, 08:06:07 PM »
I like your lateral thinking WAT
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #501 on: March 24, 2015, 11:47:44 PM »
Flossy on Crocmedia's Sportsday...

* Over the course of the pre-season, I’ve just done all my work pretty much with the defenders, and feel a lot more comfortable there. In previous years, I felt I’d been babied a little bit by the older players, just as far as voice goes in a game. I’d always be quiet and just try to learn. Whereas this year, I’m feeling a lot more comfortable to talk around stoppages and talk to one of the other boys if I think they’re in the wrong spot or something like that. We’ve got a good, solid back six and we’re all very comfortable with each other.

Full article:
http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2015-03-24/vlastuin-in-good-nick
http://www.crocmedia.com.au/we-entertain/programs/sportsday-victoria/

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #502 on: March 24, 2015, 11:56:03 PM »

* Over the course of the pre-season, I’ve just done all my work pretty much with the defenders, and feel a lot more comfortable there. In previous years, I felt I’d been babied a little bit by the older players, just as far as voice goes in a game. I’d always be quiet and just try to learn. Whereas this year, I’m feeling a lot more comfortable to talk around stoppages and talk to one of the other boys if I think they’re in the wrong spot or something like that. We’ve got a good, solid back six and we’re all very comfortable with each other.

Full article:

Solid back six???
Rance, Vlastuin, Houli, ?, ?, ?......

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #503 on: March 25, 2015, 12:29:31 AM »

Full article:

Solid back six???
And what happened Saturday against the Roos?

They'd better look at improving before playing the scum.
The club that keeps giving.

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #504 on: March 25, 2015, 05:53:48 AM »
10 goal win or the world caves in eh Tiggeritis?
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

No More

« Reply #505 on: March 25, 2015, 08:59:47 AM »
Vlastuin should eventually make his way into the middle he has all the talent to become a very good midfielder.

Offline lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #506 on: March 25, 2015, 11:57:45 AM »

Full article:

Solid back six???

Ummmm....I'd add Astbury to the list I guess but yeah the other two hmmmmmmm :huh :huh

Offline lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #507 on: March 25, 2015, 12:09:43 PM »
Vlastuin should eventually make his way into the middle he has all the talent to become a very good midfielder.

For me we don't have enough composed heads in the back line. At his best Vlastuin is a great kick and good user of the ball. Players like Hodge or Enright have spent the bulk of their careers in the backline setting up attack and keeping opposition scores down. I don't see why Vlastuin can't be that player.

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #508 on: May 14, 2015, 04:14:31 PM »
Saw vlastuin at the surf yesterday arvo. gave him a 'go tiges!!!  :gotigers' as I was driving off and didnt even crack a smile from him.
I know you cant expect players to always be happy and perhaps he had a shockin surf.. but just made me feel he wasnt happy to be recognised as a tiger.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #509 on: May 14, 2015, 04:17:52 PM »

For me we don't have enough composed heads in the back line. At his best Vlastuin is a great kick and good user of the ball. Players like Hodge or Enright have spent the bulk of their careers in the backline setting up attack and keeping opposition scores down. I don't see why Vlastuin can't be that player.

Nope. Middle.
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.