Author Topic: Dustin Martin [merged]  (Read 903224 times)

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Dustin Martin [merged]
« Reply #1290 on: February 11, 2013, 09:50:13 PM »
I cannot understand. My post was deleted yet I never mentioned a name!

How can I be sued for mentioning no one?
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1291 on: February 11, 2013, 09:53:41 PM »

Its called power trip  ;)

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #1292 on: February 11, 2013, 09:53:58 PM »

You can't

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1293 on: February 11, 2013, 09:56:19 PM »

You can't
So why was it deleted?

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #1294 on: February 11, 2013, 10:40:33 PM »

You can't
So why was it deleted?

I didn't delete it ;D

the claw

« Reply #1295 on: February 12, 2013, 12:22:31 AM »
dont think martin has done anything that most other 21 yr old kids have done. yet like a big bunch of girls everyone has to gossip. its as if we are in the  the hair dressing shop with a bunch of catty girls getting their claws out and putting down anyone and anything. leave the gossip for the girls fellas and treat people the way you want to be treated yourselves.

pretty simple really put your self in the other blokes shoes and ask how would i like it.
internet forums every where are being over run with dorrie evanses it really is pathetic.

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1296 on: February 12, 2013, 12:55:28 AM »
dont think martin has done anything that most other 21 yr old kids have done. yet like a big bunch of girls everyone has to gossip. its as if we are in the  the hair dressing shop with a bunch of catty girls getting their claws out and putting down anyone and anything. leave the gossip for the girls fellas and treat people the way you want to be treated yourselves.

pretty simple really put your self in the other blokes shoes and ask how would i like it.
internet forums every where are being over run with dorrie evanses it really is pathetic.

:clapping Well said. Not only is the gossiping annoying it's also incorrect.  :thumbsup

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1297 on: February 12, 2013, 08:59:48 AM »

Look at the thread title  ::) ::) and then consider what you posted  :banghead :banghead

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1298 on: February 12, 2013, 10:43:19 AM »

Look at the thread title  ::) ::) and then consider what you posted  :banghead :banghead
Doesn't matter WP. My reference could have been to anybody in out team. Many players are discussed on posts that have nothing to do with them.  To have legal proceedings against you the plaintiff must prove that you were discussing him beyond any reasonable doubt. I am pretty sure about that!

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1299 on: February 12, 2013, 11:02:51 AM »

Doesn't matter WP. My reference could have been to anybody in out team. Many players are discussed on posts that have nothing to do with them.  To have legal proceedings against you the plaintiff must prove that you were discussing him beyond any reasonable doubt. I am pretty sure about that!

In civil cases which defamation cases are it is Burden of Proof that needs to be proven but I digrese

The legal advice we have received over the years is very clear and because of that we take no chances even when things fall into the "grey area" and we make no apologies for it . And yes after what happened in January we are more cautious than ever for good reason

The fact is you posted an unfounded rumour (which we've asked numerous times for people not to do, hence why they get removed) about a player in a thread that has a players name as its title. Our legal advice has been and continues to be in civil cases there are a number of tests that are applied re defamation. One of those tests is what would a reasonable person think? Apply that to what you posted and hopefully it is clear as to ONE of the reasons your post was removed.

But at the end of the day the main fundamental reason your post was removed was simply you posted an unproven rumour
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1300 on: February 12, 2013, 11:28:43 AM »
But at the end of the day the main fundamental reason your post was removed was simply you posted an unproven rumour
Yes, a bogus rumour that has now been rehashed time and time again on the net. It's complete garbage  ::).

The fact is you posted an unfounded rumour (which we've asked numerous times for people not to do, hence why they get removed) about a player in a thread that has a players name as its title. Our legal advice has been and continues to be in civil cases there are a number of tests that are applied re defamation. One of those tests is what would a reasonable person think? Apply that to what you posted and hopefully it is clear as to ONE of the reasons your post was removed.
Correct. Using "our lad" in the context it was posted wouldn't make any reasonable person think it was about anyone else but the player in the thread title.   

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1301 on: February 12, 2013, 11:39:10 AM »
Yes, a bogus rumour that has now been rehashed time and time again on the net. It's complete garbage  ::).

Bit like the Armstrong one was until he finally admitted it  ;)

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1302 on: February 12, 2013, 11:56:16 AM »

In civil cases which defamation cases are it is Burden of Proof that needs to be proven but I digrese

The legal advice we have received over the years is very clear and because of that we take no chances even when things fall into the "grey area" and we make no apologies for it . And yes after what happened in January we are more cautious than ever for good reason

Thanks WP!
I don't usually post rumours like that but I have been inundated with calls from supporters asking me to verify something I'd never heard of! I was just trying to see if there was ANY evidence at all that this rumour was true. Sorry.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1303 on: February 12, 2013, 04:30:49 PM »
Snip!  :banghead

Thread locked for the time being as clearly some ppl still don't get the rules  ::).

No winking about it. It's all made-up garbage. Even Jon Ralph said last time it was all rubbish. This time it was obviously crap as we had a couple of tryhard losers on twitter rehashing the same old crap via fake media accounts trying to pretend it was "breaking news" ::)

« Last Edit: February 12, 2013, 05:07:07 PM by WilliamPowell »

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1304 on: February 13, 2013, 01:40:56 PM »
Without naming the player or club, Jon Ralph on SEN this morning mentioned there is a rumour going around at the moment which is definitely not true and is causing frustration to the player in question.

The club involved has contacted the relevant authorities to enquire about the rumours and have been told there is nothing to them. The club is now pretty peeed off about the rumours and the constant badgering.

Was at the Capital Tigers (Canberra RFC supporters group) last night and heard from within the club that although Dusty went off track a while back he is right in the zone now, and Chocca is doing really good stuff with him. These are just rehashed stupid rumours from ages ago that mean nothing, except people with the IQ of a bug and the empathy of a mosquito have too much time on their hands.
http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/dustin-time.987702/page-6

Further affirmation that these rumours going around and being rehashed are made-up crap!