Author Topic: 8 Tigers to be delisted  (Read 18239 times)

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: 8 Tigers to be delisted
« Reply #90 on: September 01, 2010, 01:12:46 PM »
In the last game if season clunking marks in goal square

hes gonna need more than that unfortunately, lets hope he does improve in 2011.
He's only in his 2nd year as a kpp
Wouldn't even be getting a game for another year or two if he was at a Top 8 club

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #91 on: September 01, 2010, 01:17:14 PM »
In the last game if season clunking marks in goal square

Marks?

One mark in the goal square  ;D
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Ramps

« Reply #92 on: September 01, 2010, 01:20:35 PM »
Ramps we have to remember that Post is a KPP. They develop slowly and he's only 20. I rate him higher than a Neagle. I think he'll be a mould of a Tom Hawkins. I like him as a Forward / swing ruckman.

He's also a year and a bit younger than Jack. Some very embarrassed forum members, suggested Jack would never be capable of anything lol..

Neagle lol .... Hawkins done nothing yet either. And yes Riewoldt has come on better than expected and well done to him. I cant see where Post can play. We have Gourdis and Grimes and Astbury down back we have Riewoldt, Griffiths up forward. Wheres Post gonna play?

Offline Rodgerramjet

• OER - CONTRIBUTOR
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Never cast pearls before swine.
« Reply #93 on: September 01, 2010, 01:26:24 PM »
Rance aint going anywhere. His last month has been pretty solid. Just starting to find his feet

Been terrible, been in and out of the team thats finished 15th,
Wouldnt get a game at another club. Runs around like a headless chook accordingly to Jon Ralph in todays herald sun, and I agree

Totally agree Jack, If we can get a trade with Rance we should be jumping all over it I reckon, he has a few problems.
The lips of Wisdom are closed, except to the ears of Understanding.

Online TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #94 on: September 01, 2010, 01:55:36 PM »
Ramps we have to remember that Post is a KPP. They develop slowly and he's only 20. I rate him higher than a Neagle. I think he'll be a mould of a Tom Hawkins. I like him as a Forward / swing ruckman.

He's also a year and a bit younger than Jack. Some very embarrassed forum members, suggested Jack would never be capable of anything lol..

Neagle lol .... Hawkins done nothing yet either. And yes Riewoldt has come on better than expected and well done to him. I cant see where Post can play. We have Gourdis and Grimes and Astbury down back we have Riewoldt, Griffiths up forward. Wheres Post gonna play?

3rd tall forward that can be used in a rotation as a 2nd ruckman?

Mooney, JPod, Hawkins/Ottens do it well
Go Tigers!

gerkin greg

« Reply #95 on: September 01, 2010, 02:18:53 PM »
Posty is going to be a beauty. Only played 14 games, great size, still adjusting to his body.
Did some good things in his last game, disposal was clean, 1 goal 1 assist, 5 i50s, should have grabbed another couple of contested marks, but he looks more confident than earlier in the year.
3rd fwd, ruck rotation and swingman with Astbury.
Good tall prospect.  :thumbsup

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #96 on: September 01, 2010, 02:36:12 PM »
I like the way Gourdis plays and he has heaps of pace but the bugger can't kick. Can we support a 2010 version of Darren Gaspar in this day and age?

If you were in David's head during a game it would be like "okay here comes the pill..Good spoil Dave. Crumb your own ball.. good one, now run you bugger. Good leg speed saves me again. You da Man Dave,...well in the clear now... have to bounce...don't want to kick...aww crap running out of space...might have to kick...WWJD (What Would Jordan Do  ;D) someone please come into handball range...cmon someone throw me a bone...aww crap...have to kick...HELICOPTER and turnover!! Must get back to the contest..feet don't fail me now..... okay here comes the pill.....Good spoil Dave..."   Must Trade or Delist

Note: Excessive use of full stops is a pause for effect

As far as trading Edwards??? Thats like spending 4 years working on a GTHO, getting it into mint condition and then putting it on ebay with a "buy it now" of a thousand bucks. Gimme a break. He is a gun!

Polo needs to go. He's like that lumpy old couch that you have with the springs that twang whenever you sit on it. You put up with its imperfections in the regular season, but when you and a lady friend decide to "play finals", it falls well short of expectations and ends up looking like the turf at Etihad.

Thomson spends more time on the hoist than a Lada Samara! Has to go. We are not the Alfred. Ditto Hislop but he may stay for a bit of concrete (and the potential of snotting Milne and Ballantyne for our sheer enjoyment)

Whitey has been brilliant this year and must stay. Ditto Kingy

Offline Rodgerramjet

• OER - CONTRIBUTOR
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Never cast pearls before swine.
« Reply #97 on: September 01, 2010, 02:44:18 PM »
Posty is going to be a beauty. Only played 14 games, great size, still adjusting to his body.
Did some good things in his last game, disposal was clean, 1 goal 1 assist, 5 i50s, should have grabbed another couple of contested marks, but he looks more confident than earlier in the year.
3rd fwd, ruck rotation and swingman with Astbury.
Good tall prospect.  :thumbsup

Yes I was pleasantly surprised with his last game, with a bit of time, maturity (body and mind) and experience I think we have got a gooden here we just need to hang in there.
The lips of Wisdom are closed, except to the ears of Understanding.

Offline tdy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #98 on: September 01, 2010, 04:11:55 PM »
Could delist Hislop and rookie him.

Thats such a bad idea.  It screams of Terry Wallace era type recruiting. Remember all the rerecruiting he did.  If he can't make it now after 3 years he wont make it. Drop him now and try someone new.

Recruiting is about weeding out those who can't make it.

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #99 on: September 01, 2010, 10:07:41 PM »
Could delist Hislop and rookie him.

Thats such a bad idea.  It screams of Terry Wallace era type recruiting. Remember all the rerecruiting he did.  If he can't make it now after 3 years he wont make it. Drop him now and try someone new.

Recruiting is about weeding out those who can't make it.
Its a better option than keeping him on the senior list which looks like what is going to happen

Con65

« Reply #100 on: September 02, 2010, 11:51:25 AM »
I like the way Gourdis plays and he has heaps of pace but the bugger can't kick. Can we support a 2010 version of Darren Gaspar in this day and age?

If you were in David's head during a game it would be like "okay here comes the pill..Good spoil Dave. Crumb your own ball.. good one, now run you bugger. Good leg speed saves me again. You da Man Dave,...well in the clear now... have to bounce...don't want to kick...aww crap running out of space...might have to kick...WWJD (What Would Jordan Do  ;D) someone please come into handball range...cmon someone throw me a bone...aww crap...have to kick...HELICOPTER and turnover!! Must get back to the contest..feet don't fail me now..... okay here comes the pill.....Good spoil Dave..."   Must Trade or Delist

Note: Excessive use of full stops is a pause for effectquote]

Tiga

that is absolute baloney...Gourdis had 18 kicks in his 3 afl games...and aside from one or 2 that I can remember...i dont think he had that many turnovers...on the weekend when he ran away from Schulz, and took a bounce...there were no options...hence why he stopped...

I think one of the reasons he is appealing to our coaches is that he does take a goood mark and give some run and rive from defence...he is awfully quick for a big fella....

if you can back up your emotive criticism of him with some stats I would be pleased to read it....

(by the way, I am his player sposor at the club so spend a lot of time watching him during the games....)

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #101 on: September 02, 2010, 12:46:10 PM »
Con, You just have to look at his kicking technique. He does not look confident at all. He's very Gaspar like. I call it as I see it. You don't need to look at stats to see that he seriously needs work on his foot skills. Many times you could see team mates circling him waiting for the handball because they know he is not highly skilled by foot.
 As I mentioned, I actually do like his style of play. He's quick, strong and positions himself well but in this day and age you really need to be able to deliver the ball confidently and accurately on a regular basis especially coming out of the backline and I believe this is a weakness in his game that may not be able to be coached out.

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #102 on: September 02, 2010, 12:50:12 PM »
The Goo has a 80% kicking efficiency with 3 clangers for this year.

Personally dont think his kicking action is that bad, but time will tell.  To me he looks like he wants to boot the crap out of it but is restrained by trying to hit up a target.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #103 on: September 02, 2010, 12:52:06 PM »
The Goo might not be the best kick but there are not many blokes his size as fast as the Goo. major upside

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #104 on: September 02, 2010, 02:14:48 PM »
RICHMOND - TRADE SECRETS

Football manager Craig Cameron said the club might move on as many as eight players.

By my reckoning they would be Ben Cousins, Troy Simmonds, Jordan McMahon, Dean Polo, Relton Roberts, Adam Hislop, Adam Thomson and Graham Polak.

Mitch Morton might have been trade bait once but his last month has saved him.

Robin Nahas has been in and out of the side and might be offered up, especially if they can lure Adelaide half-forward Chris Knights.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/the-buzz-will-pav-walk/story-e6frf9jf-1225912285599