Author Topic: Trade week targets & rumours? [merged]  (Read 225790 times)

Jackstar is back again

Re: Trade week targets & rumours? [merged]
« Reply #1215 on: October 11, 2011, 08:14:39 PM »
also i totally disagree with the idea of recruting for 5 years time , as this club has repeated down and FAILED.
Recruit for the next 2-3 years and give it your best shot I say.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #1216 on: October 11, 2011, 08:14:51 PM »
Come on boys would rather we do nothing in trade week and keep our picks for the draft whilst keeping our salary cap space open for next year when free trade comes in.
Furthermore we have Deledio to sign up in the next 12 months.
Adding to that there will be at least some duds who will be gone in the list.
As I said Maric for a player to player swap or the PSD.
If McGuane Morton Foley or anybody else can get us a pick then I'll take that too.
It's not all about next year boys.

FLagman I understand your pain and I recognise your frustration most on here do but IMHO I actually think that we are performing much better now on and off the field than we have in 28 of the last 30 years and that right now is more comfort than we are used to.

Trade week still has till next Monday alot of water to go under the bridge between now and then and if no much H2O is flowing and we keep our draft picks and our compo pick without making any disatrous trades and overpaying for them then I'll still sleep easy. :thumbsup

We can't sit here and say on one hand Dimma had a train wreck of a list and needs more than 3 years to overhaul it and on the other hand want big names brought to the club when we have not much to offer and what is wanted by others is untouchable.  Sit tight still six days to go we have done well with the Morris trade and lost nothing whilst gaining a player for nix and that in itself is a win for us at this stage of proceedings.

10 FLAGS

« Reply #1217 on: October 11, 2011, 08:15:01 PM »
Since when does 'supporters return' come from the club reeling off big trades at trade week????   :-[

you do realize that to get something significant you have to give up something significant? They basically cancel each other out.

Come on, you made a terrible comment about the club not landing something big and therefor failing supporters at trade week. Then you have tried to divert attention from it by rehashing some old horse poo about old club failures that we have all heard before,  and then talking yourself up as some renegade who 'calls it like it is.'   :wallywink

Admit it, you made a poo call. Lets all move on. Either that, or you actually believe what you said and you are just a gimp.

I stand 100% behind everything I said. Everything I said is correct. Richmond supporters deserve some hope. Will they provide some this year? Or will they do what they usually do which is nothing. The administration has a responsibility to 47000 members, to the supporters, to the people who contributed to the JDF and the Fighting Fund. At the moment its just all one way traffic - they just want us to give them money but they never produce anything at trade time or usually during the season. The truth hurts I understand it but you guys need to be honest about this And admit that the dlub has constantly failed the supporters.

As I said I stand by comments 100%.

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #1218 on: October 11, 2011, 08:16:45 PM »
most of you cant see we are going around in circles.
As has been evident in recent times with the recruiting of guys like Farmer, Taylor , Roberts etc
These are all recent recruits,  :banghead :banghead :banghead
Sorry, but I am with Flags on this :gotigers

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol I was waiting for you to chime in, once again it proves you only ever post when there's a chance to bash the club :wallywink

I will put the same question to you and I bet you wont answer either....
Who should the club be targeting this trade period and what should we be offering for them??

C'mon smart behind......

Would of offered North Melbourne either Edwards/Foley/Griffiths for Hamish McIntosh. Maybe even 2 of them
POINTLESS offerring rubbish players.

Would of all tried to get Jarrod Waite for say a Griffiths.and a pick

McIntosh is a dinosaur, doesn't fit the cubs trading age bracket and would be washed up in two years time! Fine trade that would be :banghead

Jackstar is back again

« Reply #1219 on: October 11, 2011, 08:17:01 PM »
and I agree Flags 100% :thumbsup

Jackstar is back again

« Reply #1220 on: October 11, 2011, 08:17:31 PM »
most of you cant see we are going around in circles.
As has been evident in recent times with the recruiting of guys like Farmer, Taylor , Roberts etc
These are all recent recruits,  :banghead :banghead :banghead
Sorry, but I am with Flags on this :gotigers

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol I was waiting for you to chime in, once again it proves you only ever post when there's a chance to bash the club :wallywink

I will put the same question to you and I bet you wont answer either....
Who should the club be targeting this trade period and what should we be offering for them??

C'mon smart behind......

Would of offered North Melbourne either Edwards/Foley/Griffiths for Hamish McIntosh. Maybe even 2 of them
POINTLESS offerring rubbish players.

Would of all tried to get Jarrod Waite for say a Griffiths.and a pick

McIntosh is a dinosaur, doesn't fit the cubs trading age bracket and would be washed up in two years time! Fine trade that would be :banghead

You have no idea, can play

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #1221 on: October 11, 2011, 08:17:46 PM »
Since when does 'supporters return' come from the club reeling off big trades at trade week????   :-[

you do realize that to get something significant you have to give up something significant? They basically cancel each other out.

Come on, you made a terrible comment about the club not landing something big and therefor failing supporters at trade week. Then you have tried to divert attention from it by rehashing some old horse poo about old club failures that we have all heard before,  and then talking yourself up as some renegade who 'calls it like it is.'   :wallywink

Admit it, you made a poo call. Lets all move on. Either that, or you actually believe what you said and you are just a gimp.

I stand 100% behind everything I said. Everything I said is correct. Richmond supporters deserve some hope. Will they provide some this year? Or will they do what they usually do which is nothing. The administration has a responsibility to 47000 members, to the supporters, to the people who contributed to the JDF and the Fighting Fund. At the moment its just all one way traffic - they just want us to give them money but they never produce anything at trade time or usually during the season. The truth hurts I understand it but you guys need to be honest about this And admit that the dlub has constantly failed the supporters.

As I said I stand by comments 100%.

And yet you still won't answer my question....??

Jackstar is back again

« Reply #1222 on: October 11, 2011, 08:18:18 PM »
Hey Tassie, forget about what the club say about age brackets and there rubbish, they need footballers,
Oh yeah, Geelong were told old

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #1223 on: October 11, 2011, 08:18:55 PM »
Quote from: Jackstar is back again link=topic=12922.msg263640#msg263640
You have no idea, can play
[/quote

Clearly I don't....Lets see how he goes in the next season or two......

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #1224 on: October 11, 2011, 08:19:08 PM »
10F, We have tried the big trades and where that get us?

Nathan Brown, Kane Johnston, Justin Blumfield :huh, Troy Simmonds were all big names at the time of being traded and where did that end up?

Big trades will become much more relevant when/if we start getting into the 8 - the Hawks pretty much have it down pat IMO.

I would also argue that this thread would be more relevant next year when free agency begins. Who we keep and who we get will be where the club will truly begin to prove whether or not they can give your hard earned a return.

All players mentioned above were all past there best footy :banghead Hardly big names, Brown HAD A BIG HEAD, still has

LMAO. Nathan Brown was 25-26 when we got him. He was having his best ever year in 05 until he snapped his leg off. Troy Simmonds had a career best year in 2006. Johnson went on to captain the club and Blumfield never wanted to play for us anyway

just quoting this again.

I like how you avoid replying when you've been called out, JJ. and dont give me "you nuffer you believe everything the club says" etc. Reply directly to my point about the blokes we traded for.

thanks,
gg

10 FLAGS

« Reply #1225 on: October 11, 2011, 08:21:29 PM »
Of those mentioned only Brown was a star. The rest were as Jack Dyer use to say good ordinary footballers IMHO.

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #1226 on: October 11, 2011, 08:22:51 PM »
Of those mentioned only Brown was a star. The rest were as Jack Dyer use to say good ordinary footballers IMHO.

agree but JJ said they were all past their best which obviously aint true

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #1227 on: October 11, 2011, 08:23:23 PM »
Hey Tassie, forget about what the club say about age brackets and there rubbish, they need footballers,
Oh yeah, Geelong were told old

No point trading big for a bloke who in two years will be retired or washed up and then where will we be. McMahon bashing all over again.
It's a fine line but I will stick with the kids and blokes who fit the age group we are after and keep our picks until something that we are after fits the bill. You wouldn't waste money for the sake of wasting it so why waste picks on something that won't fit our necessities keep them and go the draft path.

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #1228 on: October 11, 2011, 08:24:48 PM »
Hey guys.

What's going on in here?

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1229 on: October 11, 2011, 08:25:40 PM »
Flags, you keep rattling on about hope, but you wont say what will give you hope?  :huh

The jack man is reeling off some pure ...um...gold in this thread  :lol
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI