Author Topic: Trade week targets & rumours? [merged]  (Read 227533 times)

10 FLAGS

Re: Trade week targets & rumours? [merged]
« Reply #1185 on: October 11, 2011, 07:42:04 PM »
why don't you give us an example of a trade that would satisfy you flagman?

I'm not working at Richmond so I dont have the ability to do anything. I have simply put up an argument that our administration never produces anything at trade time, they havent done so for years but year in year out they basically beg us for memberships, fighting funds, jack dyer foundations, raffles etc etc. All Im saying is

WHERE IS THE RETURN FOR THE SUPPORTERS?

Truth is there is none and there hasnt been any return for us for 3 decades. Im not an apologist for the clubs admin like some others. I call it how I see it - our administration has constantly failed to provide any hope for the supporters.

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #1186 on: October 11, 2011, 07:42:12 PM »
lol....Your the one backing down from the question :wallywink The past is the past, it is well documented we have failed miserably! But we have been steadily  moving forward for a couple of seasons now.
I thought we did quite O.K out of last years Draft and trade period? we gave up little but in return gained 2 players who had an immediate impact on the side and look as though they will for a season or two yet.

You the one banging on about "Its a disgrace we don't chase big names" but as has been put to you, Get it out there, who do you think we should be going after and what should we be offering to get them?

Please correct me if i'm wrong but I do actually don't see us being in a position to to do SFA this trade period??

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #1187 on: October 11, 2011, 07:43:38 PM »

I'm not working at Richmond so I dont have the ability to do anything. I have simply put up an argument that our administration never produces anything at trade time, they havent done so for years but year in year out they basically beg us for memberships, fighting funds, jack dyer foundations, raffles etc etc. All Im saying is

Truth is there is none and there hasnt been any return for us for 3 decades. Im not an apologist for the clubs admin like some others. I call it how I see it - our administration has constantly failed to provide any hope for the supporters.

Mate, you flogging a dead horse :banghead :banghead Unfortunately if you don't like it get off the train...... :wallywink

10 FLAGS

« Reply #1188 on: October 11, 2011, 07:44:34 PM »
lol....Your the one backing down from the question :wallywink The past is the past, it is well documented we have failed miserably! But we have been steadily  moving forward for a couple of seasons now.
I thought we did quite O.K out of last years Draft and trade period? we gave up little but in return gained 2 players who had an immediate impact on the side and look as though they will for a season or two yet.

You the one banging on about "Its a disgrace we don't chase big names" but as has been put to you, Get it out there, who do you think we should be going after and what should we be offering to get them?

Please correct me if i'm wrong but I do actually don't see us being in a position to to do SFA this trade period??

I answered your question. You havent answered mine. The apologists never answer but every year the poor mums and dads put there hard earned into the club for NO RESULT- ZIP. Its a disgrace and you all know it.

10 FLAGS

« Reply #1189 on: October 11, 2011, 07:46:38 PM »

Mate, you flogging a dead horse :banghead :banghead Unfortunately if you don't like it get off the train...... :wallywink

And thats the truth of it. YOU all know what Im saying is true but you dont want to admit it. As I said, I will apologise on Monday if they produce a decent trade for a big name but if not, I will be back asking the same question- Where is the return for the supporters and why should we continue to fund an administration that never gives any hope to the supporters. Until next Monday lads  ;D

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #1190 on: October 11, 2011, 07:46:59 PM »
You didn't ask a question?? if so then post it again, because i'll be buggered if I seen it??

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1191 on: October 11, 2011, 07:47:54 PM »

Im not asking what specifically you would do, just an example of a trade that would satisfy you?

You know one that would make you happy? One that would give you hope or make you feel there is A RETURN FOR THE SUPPORTERS.

Or is it a case of no realistic trade deal would satisfy you?

Set a benchmark for happiness Ramps.  ;D
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #1192 on: October 11, 2011, 07:50:10 PM »

And thats the truth of it. YOU all know what Im saying is true but you dont want to admit it. As I said, I will apologise on Monday if they produce a decent trade for a big name but if not, I will be back asking the same question- Where is the return for the supporters and why should we continue to fund an administration that never gives any hope to the supporters. Until next Monday lads  ;D

Nah mate, you'v dug to deep to pike out now, I will ask again...Who do you think we should be chasing and What should we give up for them?

You have nothing because you know we arn't in a position to do anything..... YET you will be blaming the administration on Monday for failing to act on something you can't answer yourself!!

10 FLAGS

« Reply #1193 on: October 11, 2011, 07:53:42 PM »

Nah mate, you'v dug to deep to pike out now, I will ask again...Who do you think we should be chasing and What should we give up for them?

You have nothing because you know we arn't in a position to do anything..... YET you will be blaming the administration on Monday for failing to act on something you can't answer yourself!!

I already answered your question. Your from Tassie, I know that but seriously .... and yes I will blaming the administration on Monday if they dont provide any hope for the mums and dads supporters who from there love and loyalty put their hard earned into a club whose administration never produces at trade time. Whats more to say. Thats the truth. Its been the truth for 30 years.

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #1194 on: October 11, 2011, 07:56:00 PM »
TigerfromTas - giving all Tasmanians a bad name since whenever he joined OER....;D

dont worry rampsy, I see your point. agree with some of what you say. we could make an attempt to trade one of our good players if we really wanted to. surely Foleys name will be put forward this week....

Online Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #1195 on: October 11, 2011, 07:57:50 PM »
In all fairness we are only really after a ruckman and there ain't any big name ruckmen on the market?
Also it seem's that we are over looking the fact that we aren't really in a position to go after a big fish...You have to give somthing good to get something good and we don't have Shlt.......

When you have given supporters crap return over 30 years of misery, when your supporters rattled tins for the club to survive, when those same supporters buy huge numbers of memberships keeping our club at the forefront and when those supporters contribute $3 million in 12 months to a fighting fund - then you have an obligation to provide hope. If Richmond leaves this trade week having done mini level trades then they can all get stuffed in the administration. It just means that they want our money so they can live on great salaries and they have the attitude that we can all get stuffed. Well I will wait till Monday. I hope Im wrong, but I seen this movie too many times, rubbish level trades and then the apologists come out to defend the clubs administration. But I will I wait and as I said If Im wrong I will apologise on Monday afternoon.  :cheers

One of the most senseless, short-sighted posts I've heard in a while.  Glad your not in charge.

Jackstar is back again

« Reply #1196 on: October 11, 2011, 08:00:45 PM »

I agree with you Flags.
If anyone at Punt Rd had anything the resembled a brain.
You would target players from the top 4 clubs, NOT bottom clubs.
Players who have played finals recently or just missed out could bring something to our club.
A ruckman who cant get a game at Adelaide would bring a cold , and thats about it,
No winning culture, no finals experience, NOTHING.
Thats why we have been failures for 30 years.

Offline tigtuff12

• Jack Dyer medallist
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #1197 on: October 11, 2011, 08:02:14 PM »
...bit harsh to blame current admin for 30years worth of cock ups (granted we have made our share)...at this stage we seem to be moving in the right direction & part of the recent money raised (FTF etc) probably won't take effect for a year or two (or more) as we upgrade punt rd, invest in new development staff, pay off large debts (from previous admins) etc....not all the money goes into immediately landing a "big fish"...at this stage I think we did pretty well last year (as mentioned 2 immediate impacts who have improved our list) and we still need a couple of seasons for Dimma and the new admins to work through the dead wood & continue to upgrade the list on a needs basis...plus the first 80% of trade week is generally posturing by clubs - a few trades will get done and get the ball rolling...if we come out of trade week with our list improved then I think they have all done their jobs...just my op :)
...the fighting fury...

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1198 on: October 11, 2011, 08:03:29 PM »
10F, We have tried the big trades and where that get us?

Nathan Brown, Kane Johnston, Justin Blumfield :huh, Troy Simmonds were all big names at the time of being traded and where did that end up?

Big trades will become much more relevant when/if we start getting into the 8 - the Hawks pretty much have it down pat IMO.

I would also argue that this thread would be more relevant next year when free agency begins. Who we keep and who we get will be where the club will truly begin to prove whether or not they can give your hard earned a return.
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Jackstar is back again

« Reply #1199 on: October 11, 2011, 08:03:52 PM »
most of you cant see we are going around in circles.
As has been evident in recent times with the recruiting of guys like Farmer, Taylor , Roberts etc
These are all recent recruits,  :banghead :banghead :banghead
Sorry, but I am with Flags on this :gotigers