Author Topic: Richmond interested in hiring Dean Bailey as senior assistant to Hardwick [merged]  (Read 16894 times)

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
Some of you have an inferiority complex.  Don't project it onto the Tigers, it's ugly and its all yours.  Its not a competition to win a prize every time the media beat up some BS.  Either he fit the criteria of the role we wanted and the money, or he doesn't and he stuffs off to the chocolate starfish that is MFC as he has done.  His rabble couldn't beat us on their home patch in round 23 so stuff him and his legacy anyway.  We just picked up a very good addition from a very successful team who were extremely unlucky to have dipped out on playing in the Grand final this year.  Ill take THAT over the hyped up overpriced sacked coach assistant any day of the week.  The Baily thing was all media, and frankly who gives a crap...  Are you really anxed about a bloke who had that list and went below us again, let me guess tanking?  He is a dud either he tanked or he was just crap, either way I don't want him near our club.
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
Would you want this person in a strategy and innovation role at your club??

Played a total of 53 Games for Essendon in 7 years.

He coached a team this year to a 186 point loss

Deliberately played players out of position even if they didn't try

Was unable to leverage a plethora of high draft pics and turn them into team success.

Had a coaching record of 22 wins from 83 matches.

Personally, I think we dodged a bullet with this one!  :wallywink

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
"Deliberately played players out of position even if they didn't try "

This point is often overlooked when assessing Bailey's coaching record. The coach is supposed to lead men yet he compromises his principles to win by tanking and instead regressed players development by playing them out of position.

How anyone could want someone with the weakness of character of Dean Bailey is difficult to fathom.

I am actually questioning the clubs judgment is chasing him to begin with - a very poor decision from the outside looking in.

The Crows can have him.
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
"Deliberately played players out of position even if they didn't try "

This point is often overlooked when assessing Bailey's coaching record. The coach is supposed to lead men yet he compromises his principles to win by tanking and instead regressed players development by playing them out of position.

How anyone could want someone with the weakness of character of Dean Bailey is difficult to fathom.

I am actually questioning the clubs judgment is chasing him to begin with - a very poor decision from the outside looking in.

The Crows can have him.

While I am in absolute agreement with you on this one Y&B, some on here would look on these attributes as a must have and see the club as needing to move heaven and earth to get more of his type here!  :o

Offline Oiafi

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Against logic there is no armour like ignorance.

Gee that's a huge call. You must know him very well to be able to make it.

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame

Gee that's a huge call. You must know him very well to be able to make it.

It's not even mildly controversial.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.