Author Topic: Phil Walsh found dead  (Read 11060 times)

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Phil Walsh found dead
« Reply #90 on: July 07, 2015, 06:52:47 PM »
Your post referenced ads being played post game in Darwin. My post referenced games that didn't. That was why I referbced your post.
Seperate point on the crowd.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #91 on: July 08, 2015, 10:31:26 PM »
it's not just about the song, or the that the song itself is so important, it the over reaction and the taking away of things that have become a part of the experience of the footy. As has been pointed out, there are other ways of showing respect, some that even add to the atmosphere, rather than detract from it.

life goes on for those still living.

i can understand cancelling the crows game. there would be players who just wouldn't be up to playing.

x3
Going to the football is meant to be an occasion to enjoy yourself and have a nice day out of the house. Lot's of that is built from all the little things added onto the game such as banners, songs, entertainment etc.

What a bitter & twisted bunch you lot are. It was a tiny gesture in the grand scheme of things. If this was Dimma, wouldn't you find just the smallest amount of solace in these small gestures? Even if you don't, surely you can understand that some might?

The crowd was just as vocal, the pure football experience wasn't tarnished at all.

God forbid someone have a different opinion on how to grieve and show respect for someone. As I said at the start, all things done should be done with Phil's friends and family being the first considered. If they got some solace out of it then that's honestly fantastic. Some here just have a different opinion and we are allowed to discuss it and it has all been done in good taste until you came along and started calling people bitter and twister. Grow up.

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #92 on: July 09, 2015, 02:15:28 AM »
it's not just about the song, or the that the song itself is so important, it the over reaction and the taking away of things that have become a part of the experience of the footy. As has been pointed out, there are other ways of showing respect, some that even add to the atmosphere, rather than detract from it.

life goes on for those still living.

i can understand cancelling the crows game. there would be players who just wouldn't be up to playing.

x3
Going to the football is meant to be an occasion to enjoy yourself and have a nice day out of the house. Lot's of that is built from all the little things added onto the game such as banners, songs, entertainment etc.

What a bitter & twisted bunch you lot are. It was a tiny gesture in the grand scheme of things. If this was Dimma, wouldn't you find just the smallest amount of solace in these small gestures? Even if you don't, surely you can understand that some might?

The crowd was just as vocal, the pure football experience wasn't tarnished at all.

Your assuming everyone needs to grieve the same way.
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018