Author Topic: Phil Walsh found dead  (Read 11063 times)

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Phil Walsh found dead
« Reply #60 on: July 04, 2015, 12:37:58 AM »
So why is it ridiculous the winning songs won't be played ? Shouldn't matter to you

I get Adelaide v Geelong being cancelled and the minutes silence, all fair enough. But to drain the life out of the rest of the games? I don't see the point. Wonder what the kids would think?

Offline RollsRoyce

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #61 on: July 04, 2015, 07:39:56 AM »
If the AFL is serious about showing Phil Walsh respect, along with the non-playing of the team songs across all games this weekend, maybe we could have a weekend off from all the ads and ground announcements as well. That I'd like to see.

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #62 on: July 04, 2015, 07:43:55 AM »
If the AFL is serious about showing Phil Walsh respect, along with the non-playing of the team songs across all games this weekend, maybe we could have a weekend off from all the ads and ground announcements as well. That I'd like to see.

Awesome. Well said  :clapping
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #63 on: July 04, 2015, 09:42:39 AM »
So why is it ridiculous the winning songs won't be played ? Shouldn't matter to you

I get Adelaide v Geelong being cancelled and the minutes silence, all fair enough. But to drain the life out of the rest of the games? I don't see the point. Wonder what the kids would think?
yes

and yes!

:clapping
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Penelope

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #64 on: July 04, 2015, 10:20:31 AM »
without wanting to detract from the tragedy of the situation, the attempt by the AFL to take the enjoyment out the games this weekend shows how sanitised the game has become and how far removed from reality those that reside in the ivory AFL tower are.

It's hard to presume what other would think, but id guess that the only bloke coaching today who would actually want this reaction if it was them, would be Hird.

If anything, this should highlight just how important it is to live every moment.

Consider this, There will be people who will see their team win for the last time this weekend, and they will be deprived of a simple joy

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #65 on: July 04, 2015, 10:25:08 AM »
It's a stuffing song FFS. Who really cares?
Let them do what they want to do - the game itself is all that really matters
As for the game itself being cancelled - I'd imagine Walsh would've want them to have played - football nut?
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

dwaino

« Reply #66 on: July 04, 2015, 10:50:42 AM »
I'm all for celebrating somebody as opposed to mourning them as well but for me and with no disrespect the 4 points are more important than the song. After this round everyone moves on. It will be the round the the head coach of an AFL club as murdered, not the round without banners or songs.

Offline Penelope

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #67 on: July 04, 2015, 11:14:51 AM »
it's not just about the song, or the that the song itself is so important, it the over reaction and the taking away of things that have become a part of the experience of the footy. As has been pointed out, there are other ways of showing respect, some that even add to the atmosphere, rather than detract from it.

life goes on for those still living.

i can understand cancelling the crows game. there would be players who just wouldn't be up to playing.

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #68 on: July 04, 2015, 11:23:18 AM »
it's not just about the song, or the that the song itself is so important, it the over reaction and the taking away of things that have become a part of the experience of the footy. As has been pointed out, there are other ways of showing respect, some that even add to the atmosphere, rather than detract from it.

i can understand cancelling the crows game. there would be players who just wouldn't be up to playing.
Well said al.
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #69 on: July 04, 2015, 12:32:09 PM »

x3
Going to the football is meant to be an occasion to enjoy yourself and have a nice day out of the house. Lot's of that is built from all the little things added onto the game such as banners, songs, entertainment etc.

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #70 on: July 04, 2015, 12:32:49 PM »

Life does go on but some still want to pay their respects. The end of last nights game was very powerful where both clubs huddled around the circle. That moment  may have been compromised had the song been blaring out. Anyways, we agree to disagree but like life we move on....
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #71 on: July 04, 2015, 12:43:40 PM »
Have to say the fans were flawless during the minutes silence. I reckon I could hear crickets on the TV they were that quiet :clapping :clapping

dwaino

« Reply #72 on: July 04, 2015, 12:45:42 PM »

I completely agree al. I think taking away even the winning is a bit much but I'm just preferring to not give a stuff because I don't think anyone else will come Monday. By the sounds of the bloke he sounds like someone to celebrate, not mourn.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond

Offline crannyvegas

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #74 on: July 06, 2015, 08:17:51 AM »

x3
Going to the football is meant to be an occasion to enjoy yourself and have a nice day out of the house. Lot's of that is built from all the little things added onto the game such as banners, songs, entertainment etc.

What a bitter & twisted bunch you lot are. It was a tiny gesture in the grand scheme of things. If this was Dimma, wouldn't you find just the smallest amount of solace in these small gestures? Even if you don't, surely you can understand that some might?

The crowd was just as vocal, the pure football experience wasn't tarnished at all.
Detka! Detka! Detka!