Author Topic: Richmond one of the best placed to offer Fev a lifeline in 2012: Crawford (H-S)  (Read 6857 times)

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame

hmm lets see how many 100plus game players do we have on the list again oh thats right 3, 4 if you count rookie miller. hmm a fit and healthy fev or brad miller.

Which one of these two would you prefer to be influencing your kids?
my 18 plus yr olds dont need influencing. we are hopefully talking about young men here who can take responsibility for their own actions. hmm who would i rather leading my young footballers in games fev or miller. or how about cuz or miller.

The point i was trying to make is the difference in character claw. There is more to being a good influence on young men than football ability.

I have never heard of anyone speak of fevola in the same light as cuz or miller in terms off attitute.
Yes at that age they should be responsible for their own actions, but they are still very much influenced by their senior peers.

I wonder what the outcome of Connors muck up in Sydney would have been if Fevola had been present instead of cousins?
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
hmm who would i rather leading my young footballers in games fev or miller.

Miller aside, lol @ Fev the teacher or leader.
Surely you're not serious claw?!
He's a selfish dropkick and now a wash up.

the claw

hmm lets see how many 100plus game players do we have on the list again oh thats right 3, 4 if you count rookie miller. hmm a fit and healthy fev or brad miller.

Which one of these two would you prefer to be influencing your kids?
my 18 plus yr olds dont need influencing. we are hopefully talking about young men here who can take responsibility for their own actions. hmm who would i rather leading my young footballers in games fev or miller. or how about cuz or miller.

The point i was trying to make is the difference in character claw. There is more to being a good influence on young men than football ability.

I have never heard of anyone speak of fevola in the same light as cuz or miller in terms off attitute.
Yes at that age they should be responsible for their own actions, but they are still very much influenced by their senior peers.

I wonder what the outcome of Connors muck up in Sydney would have been if Fevola had been present instead of cousins?
the same except both would probably be drunk. in taking fev we would be asking him to take responsibility for his actions just like we do with connors.

anyway fair enough i do understand your point of view and can go along with it for lots of reasons. i just get the feeling fev cops it on here more because hes a carlton boy. remember cuz before he came to richmond was a huge party boy it cost him his career for a yr.
imo and i reckon its worth taking a punt on, but i think fev at a similar point as cuz when deregistered. i think he has much to teach our forwards and if given the chance would be an  onfield leader. i dont expect him to be teaching our kids about ethics and behavior off field all i would ask of him off field is he stays out of trouble and does his bit at training in showing the kids the ropes.
yep there are plenty of pros and cons its just my humble opinion but i think fev worth giving a chance especially when i weigh up the risk and cost of getting him. that is little risk and little cost.
in fact even if he went off the rails while with us there would be little or no harm done to us as we would be the club giving him a last chance to turn his life and career around.

the claw

hmm who would i rather leading my young footballers in games fev or miller.

Miller aside, lol @ Fev the teacher or leader.
Surely you're not serious claw?!
He's a selfish dropkick and now a wash up.
are you seriously telling me fev has never lead from the front.  hes been a fantastic ff who has single handedly dragged carlton over the line on plenty of occasions.
look i agree hes been a fool a dropkick an idiot. but i reckon he can turn his demons aroiund and become an assett to any club.
the only real nagging doubt i have is he wont be able to play until 2012.  and i wonder where our kids development will be at come the start of next yr.its just a personal opinion but im one who is prepared to take the punt on him it may work out it may not. not a lot to lose but plenty to gain.

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
are you seriously telling me fev has never lead from the front.  

Yes. I don't believe he is a leader. Nor do I believe he is a team player.
Sure he's played some good football in the past but Fev has sooked on field plenty too. A lot in fact.
I'd go further and agree with others that say he is a cancer on football clubs rather than an asset.
He is a selfish individual who rarely makes self sacrifice.
Ben Cousins was a born leader. Brendan Fevola is not. Not by a long shot.
Chalk and cheese.

Let's look at last year as a clearer indication of what Fev is rather than what was.
His injured groin is of massive concern as is his one dimensonality as a stay at home FF in an evolving game with new IC rules.
He looked slow, disinterested and had the weight of the world on his mind.
I do not think he is the kind who will change his spots and will be absolutely staggered to see him make a return to elite football.
I don't see much to gain for any club other than a distraction. Once bitten, twice shy, a third time and your a bigger clown than Fev himself.

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
not a lot to lose but plenty to gain.

Wonder if that's how Brisbane felt about it too
If they did, I bet they don't now

Edited to correct quote
« Last Edit: March 03, 2011, 06:53:39 AM by WilliamPowell »

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame

are you seriously telling me fev has never lead from the front.  hes been a fantastic ff who has single handedly dragged carlton over the line on plenty of occasions.
look i agree hes been a fool a dropkick an idiot. but i reckon he can turn his demons aroiund and become an assett to any club.
the only real nagging doubt i have is he wont be able to play until 2012.  and i wonder where our kids development will be at come the start of next yr.its just a personal opinion but im one who is prepared to take the punt on him it may work out it may not. not a lot to lose but plenty to gain.

I don't see the gain on taking the risk with him.  I think it might be easy to confuse leadership with gifted player.  You are dead right about him dragging Carlton over the line on many occasions but I think that was sheer talent and not leadership in the leading/mentoring type of way.  And right now our kids need (and will benefit greatly from) having leaders around them - players who teach them how to train, how to prepare, how to 'team'.  I don't see any capacity in Fev to do any of those things.  Then again, I had reservations about taking Cousins too, but I have to say I have much much stronger reservations about taking Fev.  It's probably all moot anyway, Hardwick doesn't strike me as someone who would look at a Fev-type.

gerkin greg

He's a perfect fit for a side like the Blues. They lack a quality KPF.  :santa

He's a perfect fit for a side like the Blues. They lack a quality KPF.  :santa

Almost funny there Gerks.

:thumbsup

the claw

not a lot to lose but plenty to gain.

Wonder if that's how Brisbane felt about it too
If they did, I bet they don't now

Edited to correct quote
the thing is brisbane gave up plenty. if we were in a similar boat i would say no. not when you have a proven ff in bradshaw  with brown and mitch clarke. giving up quality players a young promisisng kpf who is the long term replacement for bradshaw or brown  and draft picks for a 30 yr old well that is mind boggling.
to top it off to disenfranchise good players on your list to get him when there was no need to start with well even more mind boggling.

the thing is we are not in brisbanes shoesthere is minimal risk and minimal cost.
i say  take the  30 yr old ff of proven quality when you have just one proven tall forward on your entire list and the cost is minimal well like i said you would be a mug not to take the punt.if it works out it is a huge boon if it doesnt well it is basically nothing lost.

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
He'll be 31 by the time he's back in AFL and his body is already failing him

Offline tdy

• RFC Hall of Fame
I think Fev should go to the Hawks. It would be great if he could cause some of his usual contraversial antics that don't really harm anyone but himself. It would then highly embarras the club they'll sack him and look stupid.  Then Fev can expose all the gay players there and the circus would begin.     

OH yes please X 1000