Author Topic: Simmonds has re-signed  (Read 8181 times)

Jackstar is back

Re: Simmonds has re-signed
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2009, 09:20:51 PM »
Played on one leg this year.
Get the weight off him, will be a great option next year as a tall forward and in the ruck to help Vickery.

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2009, 09:23:35 PM »
Get the weight off him, will be a great option next year as a tall forward and in the ruck to help Vickery.

Give me a break. You have the hide the call other poster imbeciles and yet find it perfectly okay to post that rubbish.

Shame on you Jackstar. Off to bed, no Horlicks for you!!!
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Jackstar is back

« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2009, 09:29:46 PM »

Give me a break. You have the hide the call other poster imbeciles and yet find it perfectly okay to post that rubbish.

Shame on you Jackstar. Off to bed, no Horlicks for you!!!

As Troy has half a brain., the likes of Cleve, Petts, JON, have zero

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2009, 09:37:58 PM »
Can not believe that!
He could not get a game for us this year for 8 or so weeks, so what has changed now???
I thought he would be one of the first to go. Our rucks are not in great shape but what's wrong with putting Browne onto our senior list to work with Gus and Vickory to do the rucking in the forward line and to draft a young ruckmen and rookie another???
We need to move on from these guys that are to old and slow.
Bad decisson RFC.  :banghead

Offline Rodgerramjet

• OER - CONTRIBUTOR
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Never cast pearls before swine.
« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2009, 09:48:09 PM »
Don't know if he has been signed, but I'm not fussed either way really. Thought we might keep him, wasn't 100% sure though.
The lips of Wisdom are closed, except to the ears of Understanding.

Offline crannyvegas

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2009, 09:56:22 PM »
you would have to think that at least one of our rucks have to go if simmo stays on.

on a side note, it will be interesting to see where hardwick lines everyone up next year.
Detka! Detka! Detka!

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2009, 10:10:45 PM »
hahahahaha

next is Schulz will be kept on.

Not a great move Hardwick and your first mistake.

W have 4 rucks. Putt, Vickery, Browne and Graham. Any one of those 4 on one leg is better than ralph macchio wannabe Simmonds.

Patto and Simmonds should be one of the first 2 to be shown the exit door.

what a stuffin joke

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2009, 10:14:19 PM »

Well seeing he is contracted for 2010 daniel - I think unless we can trade him he will be staying on

And BTW if he does stay that aint a Hardwick mistake, that's a mistake of the previous regime  ;D
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2009, 10:19:04 PM »
I might be clutching at staws here but Simmo does have a history of firing up every second year.

2005...crap
2006...very good
2007...crap
2008...good
2009...crap
2010...?

When he is not 100% fit he is a bloody liability.....If he is retained on the list he can consider himself a very lucky man.
Unleash the tornado

Offline tdy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #24 on: September 10, 2009, 10:23:25 PM »
Can not believe that!
He could not get a game for us this year for 8 or so weeks, so what has changed now???
I thought he would be one of the first to go. Our rucks are not in great shape but what's wrong with putting Browne onto our senior list to work with Gus and Vickory to do the rucking in the forward line and to draft a young ruckmen and rookie another???
We need to move on from these guys that are to old and slow.
Bad decisson RFC.  :banghead

Gus is 22 and has 18 games, too young and inexperienced for a solid ruckman.  Browne has had 1 game and is 19. Vickery 19 and 9 games. Putt no games and 20.  Pattisson 23 and 61 games.  

Given patto doesn't appear to be able to bulk up he may not make it.  
Gus will only hit prime when he's 24

If patto fails next year and simmo was gone then we would be smashed every week in the ruck.
I see Simmo as backup for a weak patto and an immature graham.

Gigantor

« Reply #25 on: September 10, 2009, 10:26:10 PM »
I think patto is big enough,he just lacks skill.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #26 on: September 10, 2009, 10:44:19 PM »

Well seeing he is contracted for 2010 daniel - I think unless we can trade him he will be staying on

And BTW if he does stay that aint a Hardwick mistake, that's a mistake of the previous regime  ;D

yes i know that but at the very least he should be thrown up as trade bait.

Say a buldogs may definately be keen on him, given his height and ability to play forward, even though he aint good at it.

Even if that means we pay half his wage for next year, so be it. Its not good for our club to have players like our Jay at the club.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #27 on: September 10, 2009, 11:51:07 PM »
where is the proof?

bad call!

if true, would Pattison stay?

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Veteran Simmonds earns stay (Australian)
« Reply #28 on: September 11, 2009, 06:30:21 AM »
Veteran Simmonds earns stay
Greg Denham | September 11, 2009 | The Australian

RICHMOND will offer veteran ruckman Troy Simmonds a one-year contract to continue his career in 2010 ....

The fact Richmond has extremely inexperienced ruckmen under Simmonds has earned the 31-year-old a stay.

Also in Simmonds's favour was that he was able to resume from another injury to play the final two rounds of the season where he was handy with 41 hit-outs and 29 disposals.

Richmond general manager of football operations Craig Cameron yesterday said Simmonds would be offered a new deal early next week when he returns from an overseas holiday.

"We just feel that our other ruckmen are too young to leave them to their own devices at this stage of their careers," Cameron said.

Apart from Simmonds, the Tigers big-man brigade consists of Angus Graham, 22, who has played 18 games, Tyrone Vickery, 19, who played nine games in his debut season, and Andrew Browne, 19, who played his one and only game for the club in the opening round this year.

Simmonds, who has just completed a five-year contract, will now get the chance to achieve the 200-game milestone next year in a career which started with Melbourne in 1999 and included a three-year stint with Fremantle.

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,25197,26055343-5013406,00.html

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #29 on: September 11, 2009, 07:22:42 AM »
yes i know that but at the very least he should be thrown up as trade bait.

Say a buldogs may definately be keen on him, given his height and ability to play forward, even though he aint good at it.

Even if that means we pay half his wage for next year, so be it. Its not good for our club to have players like our Jay at the club.

I agree with you ... Have always thought Jay would be a good fit for the Dogs - I reckon in a side with good foot skills getting good delvery he go alot better than what he has with us....

But I'd be surprsied if anyone would be interested in him this year after his season that's all
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)