Author Topic: Dustin Martin [merged]  (Read 878229 times)

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Dustin Martin [merged]
« Reply #4770 on: June 09, 2019, 01:35:23 PM »
That is just absolutely pathetic. The person who complained should be exposed and ridiculed. Seriously, haven't they got anything better to do with their time?
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #4771 on: June 09, 2019, 01:57:24 PM »
Was either Caro, Clem Ford or Rita Panahi.... :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #4772 on: June 09, 2019, 02:00:51 PM »
What happened? I’ve seen the ad but I can’t read the article.
The club that keeps giving.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4773 on: June 09, 2019, 02:47:25 PM »

Rita?? Don't think so mate

She is the opposite of these 65 types

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline amc11

• Jack Dyer medallist
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #4774 on: June 09, 2019, 03:18:42 PM »
  Here you go. 
(It constantly amazes me how people see things so differently.  I guess the person or people who made complaints must have genuinely felt uncomfortable with the ad - or they're not Richmond or Dustin Martin supporters  :huh )

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/lifestyle/melbourne/richmond-star-dustin-martin-and-lingerie-model-maia-cotton-face-row-over-sexy-sleepwear-ad/news-story/15cb386ba913af336141d9ed39cf658f
Richmond star Dustin Martin and lingerie model Maia Cotton face row over sexy sleepwear ad
Too sexy, too suggestive? A cheeky sleepwear ad starring Richmond star Dustin Martin and a Victoria’s Secret bombshell has come under fire for being “degrading to women” and “wrong on so many levels”

A cheeky sleepwear commercial featuring Richmond superstar Dustin Martin waking up next to a Victoria’s Secret bombshell has been investigated after an outcry that it was too sexy and too suggestive.

The Tiger champion, an ambassador for clothing brand Bonds, appeared in the clever campaign in March for the company’s ComfyLivin’ sleepwear range alongside international lingerie model Maia Cotton.

The pair are seen emerging from the sheets as a doorbell rings and, in a scene inspired by the famous film Notting Hill, Martin opens the door to find a horde of reporters outside.

Nonplussed, he closes the door and tells Cotton the visitors are for her.

In a complaint filed with Ad Standards, the advertisement is described as “degrading” and “just wrong on so many levels”.

“What I found offensive about this advertisement was that in the morning when the doorbell rings and Dustin Martin answers it to find reporters who ask ‘so how was your night?’, it implies that the reporters want feedback on how her night was after spending the night with Dustin Martin,” the complainant wrote.

“It’s degrading to women and portrays women who spend the night with men and in this case a football player as a butt of a joke and suggests that he has provided her with a good night.”

Hanes Brands, Bonds’ parent company, stood by the lighthearted play on words.

Following an investigation the Ad Standards Community Panel found the tone of the ad to be cheeky rather than suggestive and that Cotton was not being humiliated or ridiculed.

In dismissing the complaint, the panel said the ad had not breached the advertising Code of Ethics.

Martin’s deal with Bonds has seen him appear in some highly entertaining video campaigns, notably with a cute dog named Killer and a tiger that could have done some serious damage if it had given him a love bite.

fiona.byrne@news.com.au

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #4775 on: June 09, 2019, 05:14:17 PM »
 :lol. Thanks amc11.  :cheers
What did they think of the Antz Pantz advert.  :rollin
The club that keeps giving.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4776 on: June 09, 2019, 05:57:05 PM »
  Here you go. 
(It constantly amazes me how people see things so differently.  I guess the person or people who made complaints must have genuinely felt uncomfortable with the ad - or they're not Richmond or Dustin Martin supporters  :huh )

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/lifestyle/melbourne/richmond-star-dustin-martin-and-lingerie-model-maia-cotton-face-row-over-sexy-sleepwear-ad/news-story/15cb386ba913af336141d9ed39cf658f
Richmond star Dustin Martin and lingerie model Maia Cotton face row over sexy sleepwear ad
Too sexy, too suggestive? A cheeky sleepwear ad starring Richmond star Dustin Martin and a Victoria’s Secret bombshell has come under fire for being “degrading to women” and “wrong on so many levels”

A cheeky sleepwear commercial featuring Richmond superstar Dustin Martin waking up next to a Victoria’s Secret bombshell has been investigated after an outcry that it was too sexy and too suggestive.

The Tiger champion, an ambassador for clothing brand Bonds, appeared in the clever campaign in March for the company’s ComfyLivin’ sleepwear range alongside international lingerie model Maia Cotton.

The pair are seen emerging from the sheets as a doorbell rings and, in a scene inspired by the famous film Notting Hill, Martin opens the door to find a horde of reporters outside.

Nonplussed, he closes the door and tells Cotton the visitors are for her.

In a complaint filed with Ad Standards, the advertisement is described as “degrading” and “just wrong on so many levels”.

“What I found offensive about this advertisement was that in the morning when the doorbell rings and Dustin Martin answers it to find reporters who ask ‘so how was your night?’, it implies that the reporters want feedback on how her night was after spending the night with Dustin Martin,” the complainant wrote.

“It’s degrading to women and portrays women who spend the night with men and in this case a football player as a butt of a joke and suggests that he has provided her with a good night.”

Hanes Brands, Bonds’ parent company, stood by the lighthearted play on words.

Following an investigation the Ad Standards Community Panel found the tone of the ad to be cheeky rather than suggestive and that Cotton was not being humiliated or ridiculed.

In dismissing the complaint, the panel said the ad had not breached the advertising Code of Ethics.

Martin’s deal with Bonds has seen him appear in some highly entertaining video campaigns, notably with a cute dog named Killer and a tiger that could have done some serious damage if it had given him a love bite.

fiona.byrne@news.com.au

Please. t was some idiot trying to hide behind a keyboard and dob. Perhaps it was one of the people who are trying to get him back over the chopstix debacle. :shh :shh

You could ask 100 people if they give a stuff and most wouldn't except for idiots like clem ford, Yassmin Abdel or the pirate Fitzsimmons.

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #4777 on: June 09, 2019, 08:09:28 PM »
What a trio. Not sure who I hate more, probably Yasmin or that bandanna wearing flog
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #4778 on: June 09, 2019, 11:38:07 PM »

You forgotten the crap she went on with during "chopstickgate"? :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4779 on: June 09, 2019, 11:49:35 PM »

She wasn't the only one. Many on here  :shh

That said I've forgiven her. She has turned the corner since then unlike the other flogs mentioned

Offline amc11

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #4780 on: June 10, 2019, 12:45:41 AM »

She wasn't the only one. Many on here :shh

That said I've forgiven her. She has turned the corner since then unlike the other flogs mentioned

Martin certainly has had to bear the brunt of a lot of adverse media coverage without any real consideration given to how any of it was impacting on him as a person let alone as a player.  To make matters worse many of his own team's supporters bought into the hyperbole and most people find it all too easy to fall into that old trap of judging a book by its cover!   

Thursday nights coverage will have a segment on what makes Dustin Martin the footballer tick.

https://twitter.com/7AFL/status/1136984975226523650

(Hope the link works - technology can be challenging  :help)

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4781 on: June 10, 2019, 09:08:31 AM »
What makes me laugh is these media morons get on their moral high horses when a player or even some punter in the crowd says something in the heat of the moment, but then they can write hurtful poo about whatever they want without any evidence other than saying it was from a “source”

I watch AFL 360 most nights but the way those two cockheads try to be all politically correct just to make themselves look good is sickening. Robbo is a massive bogan and I can only imagine what he says behind closed doors.

This umpire poo of late is the pits IMO.
Since when as a society are we so precious we can’t call an umpire a green maggot or a flog.

What the AFL has done for racism in our society is to be commended but they need to be really careful how far they want to try and take the other stuff.

Offline Slipper

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4782 on: June 10, 2019, 08:31:47 PM »

All just jealous that they can't wake up next to Dusty.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #4783 on: June 14, 2019, 02:47:36 AM »
CAPTAIN DUSTY

Liz Walsh
Adelaide Advertiser
14 June 2019

Who would have thought Dusty would ever captain a footy club? But he’s got a good record against Adelaide, so it made sense: in his last four outings against the Crows, he was averaging 27.3 disposals and 2.5 goals a game. And he stood up when needed, no more evident that when the game was in the balance in the third quarter and he intercepted a Brad Crouch kick and snapped at goal for his second of the night. He was Richmond’s most dominant player and finished with 32 disposals, nine marks, four tackles and two goals.

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/teams/adelaide/adelaide-overcomes-three-injury-concerns-to-overrun-gallant-richmond-and-climb-into-top-four/news-story/82bcb92e5b50a43a167a6fc80f29d644

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #4784 on: June 14, 2019, 01:33:56 PM »
"Dusty: life on and life off the field" vid shown by Ch7 at half-time last night:

https://www.richmondfc.com.au/video/2019-06-14/dusty-on-life-on-and-off-the-field