Author Topic: Dustin Martin [merged]  (Read 876044 times)

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: Dustin Martin [merged]
« Reply #6060 on: December 18, 2022, 10:16:47 AM »
Who are we talking about?

Was wondering the same thing.

I'm on Twitter and I have no idea  :rollin
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #6061 on: December 18, 2022, 11:07:20 AM »
Sam McClure twitter account has a pinned tweet about his dad's deaths anniversary and how much he misses him.

Genuine grub.
Go Tigers!

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #6062 on: December 18, 2022, 12:21:59 PM »
Blokes misses his dead father and that makes him a grub?

I don't like Sam McClure. Bit of a know it all and he obviously got it wrong regarding Dusty...I don't recall him taking shots at anyone over the whole thing though. Just got it wrong.
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #6063 on: December 18, 2022, 02:10:49 PM »
Sam McClure twitter account has a pinned tweet about his dad's deaths anniversary and how much he misses him.

Genuine grub.

Thanks

I don't follow him anymore

But just checked it out

I don't like Sam McClure. Bit of a know it all and he obviously got it wrong regarding Dusty...I don't recall him taking shots at anyone over the whole thing though. Just got it wrong.

Yep he got it wrong but he rarely if ever admits when he gets things wrong. Certainly didn't in this case

Have no issue with him missing his Dad and having a pinned tweet about it, I get it big time. Even after losing my Dad 48 years ago I miss him every day, still wish more than anything that I could have one day just so we could go to the footy together. We never did that.

But in all his reporting, his nonsense weekly ramblings about Dusty supposedly leaving he never once showed any empathy around Dusty's grieving as he espouses over his own loss and how much he misses his own Dad. It makes Sam's commentary over Dusty quite disgusting to be honest
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6064 on: December 18, 2022, 03:32:36 PM »
To play out someone’s private mourning in public no matter who they are doesn’t sit well with me

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #6065 on: December 19, 2022, 10:38:31 PM »
 :whistle

No, him showing absolutely lack of care or empathy to Dusty during the 12 months grieving process for his own self gain and relevance make him an absolute grub. Even if it were true that he was leaving the non stop drama he created was a disgrace. From someone who would know exactly what it is like to experience what Dusty did. Was proven wrong and proven an absolute grub.
Go Tigers!

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #6066 on: December 22, 2022, 02:28:16 AM »
Dustin Martin was also put through his paces in what looms as a vital pre-season for the decorated champion.

Speaking to RSN listeners on Wednesday, Richmond's senior advisor Neil Balme claimed that after time out across the past pair of seasons, Martin would benefit greatly from a solid foundation over summer.

"The coaches are very pleased with him. He's having a very good pre-season," Balme delineated.

"His attitude's been great. He's had a real crack ... He could have a very exciting year, I would think."

After only managing nine senior appearances in 2022 - the fewest across any of his 13 years as a Tiger - Martin appeared off the pace during Richmond's sole finals appearance.

And with a re-tooled roster desperate to head back to the dais on grand final day, Balme expressed that now was the time for the triple Norm Smith winner to get the ball rolling.

"You've just got to do the work," the seasoned operator admitted.

"It's such a challenging game. When you play, you've got to play for a couple of hours full-boar ... you've got to go again and again and again and again."

Source: zerohanger.com

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #6067 on: December 26, 2022, 06:46:07 PM »
Cornes' 2023 prediction:

* Predicts Dusty to be one of only a handful or two who will end up the best player in the AFL next year.

* "Not entirely sure if Dusty is motivated to play".

https://twitter.com/1629senSA/status/1607270904354181123

::)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #6068 on: January 13, 2023, 02:31:40 PM »
It's great seeing Dusty happy at training  :).

All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #6069 on: January 19, 2023, 02:44:41 PM »
Dustin Martin (Richmond)

Scott Cummings says: “I’m starting with Dusty Martin, I reckon he’s going to be back and big.

“He’s had a couple of years with injury, he’s still one of the best but not at the Dusty level we know and love … I think he’s in for a big year.”

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2023/01/18/coleman-medallist-predicts-the-top-10-players-for-the-2023-afl-season/

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #6070 on: January 19, 2023, 10:46:03 PM »
Almost forgotten by the media how good he was and almost written off.

Just like our kids will benefit from Taranto Hopper and a fit Prestia so will Dusty. He could be absolutely more lethal than ever hitting the fringes at pace. Hopefully Cotchin, Martin and Prestia stay fit so they and us as a club can reap the benefits of drafting the two GWS boys.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #6071 on: January 20, 2023, 04:47:29 PM »
Dusty fit and firing and forward

Peter Ryan
The Age
20 January 2023

Richmond champion Dustin Martin’s ‘don’t argue’ is firing as he prepares to launch into 2023 with a full pre-season under his belt.

During match simulation on Thursday he indicated he could spend more time in the forward line as he roamed the forward half of the ground, using his kicking skills to find targets inside 50.

With the Tigers landing Giants midfielders Tim Taranto and Jacob Hopper during the trade period, Richmond will have greater flexibility in how they use Martin in the latter part of his career.

The three-time Norm Smith medallist played in last year’s elimination final despite being underdone as he returned from a hamstring injury he had suffered in round 16.

It came after he made a gradual return in 2022 following a serious kidney injury he suffered late in 2021. He spent most of the elimination final forward during the narrow loss to the Lions.

Premiership teammate Liam Baker said Dusty had impressed on the track so far this pre-season.

“Dustin is back, he is fit and he has got a full pre-season in, which is exciting for us,” Baker said. “He is fighting fit and pushing blokes around on the track, which we love to see.”

Baker said Martin had performed well in the club’s time-trials, which was a good sign that he was in top shape.

Martin turned 31 midway through last season, but he remains one of the game’s most dangerous and exciting players with his ability around goal likely to add a serious X-factor to Richmond’s forward line.

“Out on the track he is big and strong, and pushing people around, and we can’t wait to see it come game time,” Baker said.

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/young-tiger-gun-to-have-surgery-on-hamstring-20230119-p5cdq9.html

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #6072 on: January 20, 2023, 09:52:59 PM »
The king reminding the captain who runs the show

Watch here: https://twitter.com/ScootiePuffJnr/status/1616316707706109955

Online Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #6073 on: January 21, 2023, 02:11:24 AM »
Looks like his got his acceleration back. If he starts hitting his don’t argue’s then watch out.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #6074 on: January 21, 2023, 06:21:58 PM »
New player roles at every club

Ben Waterworth
Fox Sports
January 21st, 2023

RICHMOND

After a slight decrease in midfield minutes last year, it seems superstar Dustin Martin will spend even more time forward in 2023 following Richmond’s recent acquisitions of Jacob Hopper and Tim Taranto. Martin, who’s played just nine of the Tigers’ past 28 games but impressed club officials in recent weeks with his first pre-season training block, pinch-hit on the ball last year as Shai Bolton and Jayden Short joined Dion Prestia and Trent Cotchin in the guts more often. Add the ex-Giants duo into that midfield mix and it’s likely Martin will spend even more time inside 50 this year. And that’s mightily exciting for Richmond fans.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-news-2023-new-positions-and-roles-for-players-nick-daicos-midfield-luke-shuey-josh-bruce-defence-max-gawn-forward/news-story/d131a81d8955eae87287393444da7ec4