Author Topic: Dustin Martin [merged]  (Read 876665 times)

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: Dustin Martin [merged]
« Reply #6135 on: March 26, 2023, 09:15:56 AM »
I know it was only 24 degrees but that sun packed a punch yesterday. Elderly bloke 3 rows in front of us had to be attended to by paramedics early in the game because of the sun

We baked in it.

Nick Vlastuin was struggling big time late in the 3rd and at times in the 4th. Are we going to question his fitness? What about Liam Baker? I sat this alot but what you see at the game is very different to what you see on the TV
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #6136 on: March 26, 2023, 01:10:27 PM »
I know it was only 24 degrees but that sun packed a punch yesterday. Elderly bloke 3 rows in front of us had to be attended to by paramedics early in the game because of the sun

We baked in it.

Nick Vlastuin was struggling big time late in the 3rd and at times in the 4th. Are we going to question his fitness? What about Liam Baker? I sat this alot but what you see at the game is very different to what you see on the TV

Felt for a lot of the fans, looked like 3/4 of the fans were in the sun all day.
Go Tigers!

Online Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #6137 on: March 26, 2023, 03:01:12 PM »

We baked in it.

Yes. I will question anyones fitness if they can’t run out games especially after a full preseason.

I’m not, however, questioning unfit spectators that aren’t adequately hydrated sitting in the outer.

I’m not sure why any player should be exempt from criticism if they are not playing their role. Dusty is champ for everything he’s achieved for us but he can’t player watch whilst defenders waltz past pressure free and that goes for anyone in the team especially in the F50.
The club that keeps giving.

Online FooffooValve

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6138 on: March 26, 2023, 03:38:33 PM »
Riley Beveridge on the AFL website: "He [Dusty] might have had a bit of hamstring tightness."

Any truth to this or just the media speculating for a story?

One of the news outlets said he'd had scans on his hammy today, but would play against Collingwood. Make of that what you will.

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6139 on: March 26, 2023, 06:08:00 PM »

We baked in it.

Yes. I will question anyones fitness if they can’t run out games especially after a full preseason.

I’m not, however, questioning unfit spectators that aren’t adequately hydrated sitting in the outer.

I’m not sure why any player should be exempt from criticism if they are not playing their role. Dusty is champ for everything he’s achieved for us but he can’t player watch whilst defenders waltz past pressure free and that goes for anyone in the team especially in the F50.

Come on mate they're all stuffed and struggling in every game. None of them are match fit yet.

Give it a few weeks.

Agree with your last paragraph.

Broadsword

« Reply #6140 on: March 26, 2023, 06:22:15 PM »
Yeah the only guy who'd be match fit by round 2 is Brent Harvey.

They usually look like country footballers until round 6 or something.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #6141 on: March 26, 2023, 06:58:26 PM »
7news said the Club told them Dusty has "general leg soreness".

The last play he was in before going off showed a player falling and taking out Dusty's legs.

----------------------------------------

Tom Browne during the Essendon-Suns game said the Club told him it was a precautionary scan.

https://twitter.com/7AFL/status/1639865958016733186

« Last Edit: March 26, 2023, 07:20:37 PM by one-eyed »

Online Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6142 on: March 26, 2023, 09:00:00 PM »
Is it his feet?

Seems to have issues with his boots and was fussing with them even last week.

I think he’s had issues in the past with boots or his feet. I can’t remember exactly.

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6143 on: March 26, 2023, 11:54:21 PM »
Is it his feet?

I think he’s had issues in the past with boots or his feet. I can’t remember exactly.

Was the puma boots, didn't like them when they sponsored us so went back to his preferred brand

Online Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6144 on: March 26, 2023, 11:58:48 PM »
Is it his feet?

Was the puma boots, didn't like them when they sponsored us so went back to his preferred brand
Thanks  :cheers

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #6145 on: March 27, 2023, 09:57:40 AM »
Is it his feet?

Thanks  :cheers

Not quite right Andyy

He is actually wearing his favourite Puma boots now.

They don't make that particular design anymore. That's one of the reasons he walked away from his personal Puma deal, wasn't happy with the new designs. He is actually sponsored by Nike now but hasn't won their boots since early last season.

The ones he is wearing are his favourites, that go back to 2017. They are Puma

Offline lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #6146 on: March 27, 2023, 10:05:33 AM »
he changed boots twice in 2020 GF before lighting it up. a good friend of mine works at a podiatry/orthotics place a lot of footy players go and said Dusty's sponsored boots always need to be modified pretty extensively with inserts etc.

If memory serves me correctly it's the 2017 pumas which were awesome and all the other puma yearly releases sucked.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #6147 on: March 27, 2023, 01:51:35 PM »

If memory serves me correctly it's the 2017 pumas which were awesome and all the other puma yearly releases sucked.

Yep, and he is back in 2017 pumas now

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6148 on: March 28, 2023, 10:26:39 AM »
Lol its his boots that are at fault not the player.

He has layed one tackle in two games and the defensive side of his game is almost  non existent.
He was subbed out for a good reason.

Its fine when he is really impacting games but when hes not well .

Feel for the kids not allowed to play their natural games and have to be defensively great to get a game but it doesn't apply to others.

Offline tony_montana

• Tiger Rookie
« Reply #6149 on: March 28, 2023, 10:52:30 AM »
Lol its his boots that are at fault not the player.

He has layed one tackle in two games and the defensive side of his game is almost  non existent.
He was subbed out for a good reason.

Its fine when he is really impacting games but when hes not well .

Feel for the kids not allowed to play their natural games and have to be defensively great to get a game but it doesn't apply to others.

Couldn't agree more, doesn't sit right with me. Every single player should be pulling their weight defensively, you only need one to not do whats required for the whole setup to break down let alone the 2 or 3 that some supporters feel it's ok to get a free pass.