Author Topic: Dustin Martin [merged]  (Read 875888 times)

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Dustin Martin [merged]
« Reply #885 on: May 24, 2012, 04:53:19 PM »
Lids is a good cook. Seems to be a bit of a leader more than I actually thought he was  :-\

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #886 on: May 26, 2012, 05:10:16 AM »
Dusty's goalkicking accuracy is way off this year for some reason. Last year he kicked 33.14 (70%); this year it's 8.13 (38%). If he wants to join Cotch and Lids as A-grade status he needs to kick those momentum building gettable goals he was kicking last year.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

tony_montana

« Reply #887 on: May 26, 2012, 09:28:49 AM »
Yep he's missed some sitters this year which is unlike him... We all know he can kick it a mile but I've seen him completely mistime some kicks so that they barely travel 50, almost like he's trying to kick it too hard, no timing

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #888 on: May 31, 2012, 02:10:08 AM »
Catch 22: Footy's greatest trademarks

Warwick Green
    May 31, 2012

There are certain footballers you equate with a move, a style, a moment. They are so synonymous with some aspect of their football career that it becomes their signature move or look.

15. DUSTIN MARTIN'S FEND-OFF
They call it the don't argue, and it is a move more frequently associated with rugby league than Australian football. Ever since he burst on to the scene, Richmond's Dustin Martin has had a tendency to stiff-arm the chest of approaching tacklers, often leaving them lying on the turf as he departs the scene. His coach, Damien Hardwick, told SuperFooty in 2010: "Probably the one thing he does do too much of is when he's out in space he'll actually go looking for the contact to give that don't argue sometimes.''

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/afl/gallery-e6frf9o6-1226372175233?page=15

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #889 on: May 31, 2012, 03:25:07 PM »
Dusty is straight up choking that gimp out!  :lol

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #890 on: May 31, 2012, 03:56:07 PM »
He's a tough man to tackle if he knows your coming. Just too strong with his don't argues and twist of the hips. He finds time space in congested situations through strength rather than by dodgy tactics like dropping the head and playing for a free. Its why he will always be a crucial part of our midfield.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #891 on: June 03, 2012, 02:59:11 AM »
Ralph Carr drives new deal for Dustin Martin

Mark Stevens, Jon Ralph
    June 03, 2012

EMERGING Richmond superstar Dustin Martin has switched management groups, with key contract talks looming on the horizon.

The 90 days Martin was forced to serve in limbo after leaving the Phoenix group expired this week and he has joined Travis Cloke at Ralph Carr Management's sports division.

Martin's Tigers contract, struck by Ricky Nixon before his client list was taken over by Phoenix, runs out at the end of next season.

Richmond is believed to be keen to get moving on a new deal, possibly as long as five years to match the length of Brett Deledio's contract.

But it is unlikely his new agent RCM Sport will be rushed given the potential upside for Martin and the Tigers at the back end of the season.

RCM Sport is also working on endorsement deals for Martin, with the midfielder telling the Sunday Herald Sun: "They have shown total commitment to me and all aspects of my career.

"I am very excited about my future being a part of Ralph's team."

Long-term deals are back in vogue, underlined again this week by Bomber Patrick Ryder signing for four years, and Martin is hot property.

Carr said of Martin's arrival: "We are thrilled to be representing Dustin who, at 20 years of age, looks poised to be a superstar of the game."

Martin was the Tigers' first selection (No.3) in the 2009 draft and finished third in Richmond's best and fairest award last season.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/afl/expert-opinion/ralph-carr-drives-new-deal-for-dustin-martin/story-fndjdrxt-1226381355458

Ruanaidh

« Reply #892 on: June 09, 2012, 07:11:45 PM »
Where was Martin today? Still minding that kid I suppose ::)

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #893 on: June 09, 2012, 10:18:21 PM »

His disposal was deplorable today. Had no impact. None whatsoever. Tried too many don't argues surrounded by 3 and 4 Dockers.

Has alot of work to do, has been pedestrian at times this year.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #894 on: June 09, 2012, 10:22:50 PM »
I think he will be a gem but this year has stalled.

hardly impacts games and his disposal. WTF. Cant stand some of these short side kicks he attempts

Has a bit of the Cyril rioli's about him, good in patches then you dont see him for 2 quarters

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #895 on: June 09, 2012, 10:27:10 PM »
As I Have said in another thread. Disposal is terrible, tries to kick the skin off the footy rather than caress it naturally onto his boot and tries to use the don't argue too much when surrounded by opponents. Its almost as if he is craving the contact rather than trying to evade it. Has hardly impacted games this year and Foley Cotch and Lids and to a lesser extent Grigg have had more impact on games than Dusty has. Has alot of work to do.

Offline Ekto

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #896 on: June 09, 2012, 10:48:37 PM »

His disposal was deplorable today.
What do you mean TODAY?

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #897 on: June 09, 2012, 11:03:38 PM »

His disposal was deplorable today.
What do you mean TODAY?

Today's game with Freo and on many other occassions this season also.
What do you mean Ekto?

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #898 on: June 09, 2012, 11:08:43 PM »
Has been a let down so far this imo. Has had some stunning moments but also goes awol for periods.
Is not the only one in boat however
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #899 on: June 09, 2012, 11:22:48 PM »
His stagnation worries me. It's as if we have seen him at his best season 2010-11 and this year his consistency has wavered. We haven't seen any of those matchwinning games of the ilk of Nought Melbourne, Brisbane, Sydney like we did last year for instance.

Whereas the performances of Cotch, Foley, Lids, Grigg have been the difference to us winning.
It seems he is labouring slightly at the moment and is suffering growing pains. Needs to get over this quickly and re-establish his authority on games of football.