Author Topic: Dustin Martin [merged]  (Read 850280 times)

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Dustin Martin [merged]
« Reply #60 on: October 15, 2009, 12:40:14 AM »
You never know do you TB, the draft that yeilded us Deledio and Tambling was a surprise as we had Deledio and Roughead lined up as our first two picks, it was penned in from all accounts and look what happened.

You just never know... ;)

Rance is a good example. Touted by most as a top 10 player who slid to 18 due to knocks on his kicking.
Butcher's disposal issues might also see him slide a little but I can't see him getting to 19 in a draft as weak as this.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #61 on: October 15, 2009, 12:48:40 AM »
You never know do you TB, the draft that yeilded us Deledio and Tambling was a surprise as we had Deledio and Roughead lined up as our first two picks, it was penned in from all accounts and look what happened.

Rance is a good example. Touted by most as a top 10 player who slid to 18 due to knocks on his kicking.
Butcher's disposal issues might also see him slide a little but I can't see him getting to 19 in a draft as weak as this.

Yeah look I can't see him sliding that far either but hope we have,  really after the top 3-4 IMO the rest could go at any pick. It will all hinge on clubs needs after about the first 8-12 or so picks.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Tigermonk

« Reply #62 on: October 15, 2009, 08:00:17 AM »

Nothing wrong with Butchers kicking infact his got a great kick on him
He has his days like everyone else but can gaurentee the wind conditions aint so great on them days.

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #63 on: October 15, 2009, 08:10:36 AM »
This may make a few on here sleep a little easier over the next couple of months, i hear our recruiters really liked Martin even before Trengrove had the finals series he had. At least it makes me think that they have done their homework this year interms of young kids. I just hope they get the next few picks right.
We need a change of luck at Tigerland!!!!  :gotigers

We do need a change of luck and hopefully the players coming in including Martin will add to the good luck factor. I have been in for Martin as soon as I thought Trengove would go to Melbourne at 1 or 2. Lets hope the Dees don't pull a swifty on us and take him (Martin) at 2. I also think Butcher will really slide, maybe even out of the top 10... IMO.

Hopefully he slides to 19. :pray I get the feeling he'll slide too and the only team in the top 10 selections to pick him up may be the Swans who will be in need of a Key Forward(s).
I'm sure there won't be too many complaining about Martin and Butcher becoming Tigers. :thumbsup

Yeah but to be fair that was between 4 players who were in the top 5 and stayed in the area despite being scrambled in how they were chosen, here you're talking about a top 5 player, slipping to 19.

You do never know, but this is faaaaaaaar beyond the Deledio/Tambling/Roughead scramble.
EAT EM ALIVE!

Offline JVT

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #64 on: October 15, 2009, 09:15:07 AM »
There is no way that the Swans would overlook Butcher twice (6 and 14) and the Demons 4 times (1,2,11 and 18) for him to slip to us at 19 . . . absolutely ZERO!

Having said that, I pray I'm wrong because he will be a superstar  :pray

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #65 on: October 15, 2009, 04:15:20 PM »
A post from the Melbourne BF Board so make of it what you will:

Firstly this is not what i want to happen, nor do i believe it will, but..
I rececntly spoke to the uncle of Dustin Martin, who has really impressed at the draft camp. Now his uncle is like his co manager and has been taking calls from a lot of clubs regarding him. Richmond have told him that they will take him at pick number 3. However is uncle said he doesnt know whether he'd rather him go to the tigers or he dees. I quizzed him on the dees thing, and he said melb have contacted him saying that they may yet take him with our pick 2.

For me, i rekon that pick 1 scully and pick 2 trengrove are a clear standout, however, the club must have been impressed with martins draft camp results to be calling him saying that we may take him,

Personally, if the first two names read out in the draft arent scully and trengrove, id be fair dissapointed, as these 2 players are ready made footballers, who a clearly a bit ahead of the rest. No offence to martin of course.

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showpost.php?p=15989061&postcount=1

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #66 on: October 15, 2009, 05:07:29 PM »
This may make a few on here sleep a little easier over the next couple of months, i hear our recruiters really liked Martin even before Trengrove had the finals series he had. At least it makes me think that they have done their homework this year interms of young kids. I just hope they get the next few picks right.
We need a change of luck at Tigerland!!!!  :gotigers

We do need a change of luck and hopefully the players coming in including Martin will add to the good luck factor. I have been in for Martin as soon as I thought Trengove would go to Melbourne at 1 or 2. Lets hope the Dees don't pull a swifty on us and take him (Martin) at 2. I also think Butcher will really slide, maybe even out of the top 10... IMO.

Scully / Trengrove / Martin

any would will fine

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #67 on: October 15, 2009, 07:15:57 PM »
Perhaps they are scared of the go home factor

Gordon Bennett

« Reply #68 on: October 15, 2009, 07:55:37 PM »
yeah, Scully might go home to dandenong.:)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #69 on: October 16, 2009, 02:39:59 AM »
They'll go for Scully and Trengove but the Dees did get burnt when they lost Scott Thompson to Adelaide.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Ox

« Reply #70 on: October 16, 2009, 03:06:38 AM »

He has his days like everyone else but can gaurentee the wind conditions aint so great on them days.

wtf does that even mean ?

That he,just like every other prik,kicks wayward on windy days ?

wtf ?

Ramps

« Reply #71 on: October 16, 2009, 09:36:57 AM »

wtf does that even mean ?

That he,just like every other prik,kicks wayward on windy days ?

wtf ?

Yep

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #72 on: October 26, 2009, 03:33:04 PM »
Welcome Dustin Martin to Tigerland .....

-------------------------------------------------------------

MELBOURNE recruiters flew to Adelaide to meet Jack Trengove last week, giving the first real indication he will be taken high in next month’s AFL Draft.

Victorian Tom Scully is the other recruit expected to go in the top two, the East Torrens Messenger reports.

Melbourne recruiting manager Barry Prendergast said the pair’s "work rate" and "big engines" set them apart from the rest of a draft that could throw up a few surprises in the top 20.

"Obviously Trengove and Scully is what everyone in the industry predicts.

"There’s no doubt they’re around the mark."

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/demons-give-jack-trengove-hint/story-e6frf9jf-1225791384285
http://east-torrens-messenger.whereilive.com.au/sport/story/jacks-our-man/

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #73 on: October 26, 2009, 04:00:29 PM »
 :thumbsup

Welcome Dustin Martin!

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #74 on: October 31, 2009, 07:04:45 PM »
Here's more video of Martin.....

Dustin Martin
D.O.B:   26-Jun-1991
Club:   Bendigo Pioneers
State:   VIC
Height:   187cm
Weight:   86kg
Position:   Midfielder

Attacking on-baller with great balance and ball winning ability. Averaged 21 possessions per game for Vic Country at NAB AFL U18 Championships, winning All-Australian honours. Good skills on both sides of this body. From Castlemaine FC.

Video: http://offseasondraft.championdata.com/afl_off_season_draft/offSeasonDraft/player_profile.jsp?player_id=115905