Author Topic: Dustin Martin [merged]  (Read 874032 times)

Offline crannyvegas

• Premiership Captain
Re: Dustin Martin [merged]
« Reply #165 on: November 26, 2009, 10:41:42 PM »
Is there a picture with this kid in a tiger jumper yet?

Saw a picture of him sitting next to his dad at the draft, I reckon we sign him up aswell!! 
Detka! Detka! Detka!

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #166 on: November 27, 2009, 12:37:51 AM »
see you Round 1 Dustin Martin!

:)
No pressure  ;D
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #167 on: November 27, 2009, 12:46:33 AM »
Good on you Dustin welcome to the club, you were always a Tiger mate, no doubt about that...... but you had better remain that way!! :thumbsup
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #168 on: November 27, 2009, 12:49:37 AM »
see you Round 1 Dustin Martin!

:)
No pressure  ;D

He will be there MT and don't be surprised if a couple of our other new recruits are as well...... but no pressure.. ;)
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #169 on: November 27, 2009, 02:10:59 AM »

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #170 on: November 27, 2009, 02:30:08 AM »

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #171 on: November 27, 2009, 05:40:24 AM »
Tigers draft tough nut
Scott Gullan | Herald Sun November 26, 2009 8:13PM

IT'S fair to say Richmond didn’t have to look far to work out if No.3 pick Dustin Martin would be tough.

If you met his father, Shane, you'd know why. Think tattoos and lots of them covering most of his body. He shares one with his son, it reads: 'Live Free. Die Free'.

"Me and Dad got it and it is just kind of a saying that we came up with together," Dustin, who has it in large writing on his stomach, explained.

"He's been a great support, as has all my family been. They have been a big part of getting me here tonight.”

The boy from Castlemaine has been tipped to go at No.3 for some time and it was confirmed a week ago when he got a visit from the Tigers recruiting boss Francis Jackson.

"It has been a long wait since draft camp, so it is good to get it over with," Martin said.

"People were telling me and I was reading it in the paper, but about a week ago Richmond came down to Bendigo and took us out for lunch.

"They told me they were going to take me with their first pick and it was a bit of a relief."

Martin is described as an attacking onballer with great balance and ball-winning ability, proficient on both sides of the body.

He averaged more than 24 disposals in the TAC Cup with the Bendigo Pioneers and earned All-Australian honours at the national championships.

Dare we say it, but he's been favourably compared with Joel Selwood, who came out of Bendigo three years ago in the first round and turned out to be one of the best young players ever.

Martin's appetite to be an AFL footballer has driven him since he decided to leave school in year nine and move to Sydney where he worked with his father.

All he had thought about for as long as he can remember is hearing his name read out at the AFl Draft.

Over the past month he has followed a training program given to him by his manager Ricky Nixon to give himself the best chance possible to play in Round 1 next year.

"My manager Ricky Nixon gave me a program and I think it was from Richmond," Martin said.

"They gave me a bit of a program so I have just been following that and trying to be as fit as I can leading into it.

“I can't wait to get to training and get as fit as I can and hopefully if I work hard I can get there in Round 1.

"If I keep working hard, treat my body right, work as hard as I can then we'll see what happens."

The 18-year-old is excited that he will be part of a new breed at Punt Rd with the Tigers having a new coaching staff and 10 picks in the draft.

"There will be a lot of youth there so it will be great to have a lot of young blokes around and new coaches," Martin said. "I can't wait."

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/tigers-draft-tough-nut/story-e6frf9jf-1225804333762

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #172 on: November 27, 2009, 10:35:53 AM »
^ Check the link dudes and buy yourself a H/S page 112

If the dude has copped any attitude from his old man he wont be putting up with too much  :shhit on the field.  :help

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #173 on: November 29, 2009, 08:57:13 AM »
Nervous wait for Dustin
Luke West
Bendigo Advertiser
28 Nov, 2009

A WEEK before Thursday night’s AFL national draft, Dustin Martin had been told by Richmond that it would use its No.3 pick to select him.

But that didn’t help ease Martin’s nerves on Thursday when the draft began at the Melbourne Convention Centre.

With the first 10 picks unveiled in reverse order, Martin’s nerves were heightened when it came to selection four - the Fremantle Dockers.

While simply wanting to realise his dream of being selected on an AFL list, ideally, Martin didn’t want to have to pack up and move to the other side of the country to do so.

So when the Dockers called out Anthony Morabito’s name, Martin breathed a sigh of relief, before less than a minute later becoming a Tiger when Richmond snapped up the tough midfielder from the Bendigo Pioneers.

“It was really nerve-racking for the whole time waiting to see what would happen,’’ Martin told The Advertiser yesterday.

“Especially when it got to pick four and they were reading out Fremantle, because I was still a bit worried that I might get picked there.

“But when I got through that and then my name got called out at Richmond, it was just unbelievable and a big relief.

“It’s an unreal feeling and I can’t believe it; I just can’t wait to get started because there’s plenty of hard work ahead, which I’m looking forward to.’’

Martin will train with the Tigers for the first time on Monday.

Following his selection on Thursday, Martin had little time to sit back and soak it up as he was quickly whisked away to fulfil the large array of media interviews - two hours’ worth to be exact - that come with being such a high draft pick.

Richmond recruiting manager Francis Jackson says the Tigers have no doubt 18-year-old Martin - who only last year was playing for Castlemaine in the Bendigo Football League - is going to be a “fantastic player’’ for the club.

“We’re delighted with Dustin. He’s a very focused individual, he has a fantastic skill level and is gifted athletically,’’ Jackson told www.richmondfc.com.au

”I think as a recruiting manager when you take a player you just hope they’re going to be the best they can, and I don’t have one second of doubt that Dustin’s going to be a fantastic player.’’

Of the 40 AFL players selected at the national draft from the Pioneers since 1993, only Andrew Walker, who was taken by Carlton with pick No.2 in 2003, has been selected higher than Martin.

http://www.bendigoadvertiser.com.au/news/local/sport/football-australian-rules/nervous-wait-for-dustin/1690174.aspx?storypage=0

Offline peggles

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #174 on: November 29, 2009, 10:18:18 AM »
Good on him.  I was nervous as hell as well when they came to read out pick 4 during the draft.  Big sigh of relief when they said morabito.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #175 on: November 29, 2009, 07:16:05 PM »
Ch 9 news tonight showed Martin's first RFC media conference and a journo asked to see his "live free, die free" tattoo on his stomach and the Club's media manager replied with "don't be effing ridiculous"  :-\

Ch 9 then showed pictures of Cuz shirtless with his "such is life" tatt being led away by the police and they said Cuz has something in common with Richmond's newest recruit  ::)

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showpost.php?p=16376623&postcount=1

« Reply #176 on: November 29, 2009, 07:23:25 PM »
Ch 9 news tonight showed Martin's first RFC media conference and a journo asked to see his "live free, die free" tattoo on his stomach and the Club's media manager replied with "don't be effing ridiculous"  :-\

Ch 9 then showed pictures of Cuz shirtless with his "such is life" tatt being led away by the police and they said Cuz has something in common with Richmond's newest recruit  ::)

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showpost.php?p=16376623&postcount=1

GOD THE MEDIA ARE A PACK OF WANKERS.

:banghead

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #177 on: November 29, 2009, 08:12:10 PM »
^ Check the link dudes and buy yourself a H/S page 112

If the dude has copped any attitude from his old man he wont be putting up with too much  :shhit on the field.  :help

His old man look like a tough mofo  8)

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #178 on: November 29, 2009, 09:16:26 PM »
being an hour and half behind sometimes is an advantage, as such i got to see this incident. IMO the reaction from the media manager  was unprofessional. It made Dustin very uncomfortable to say the least. The station has then attempted a petty and even more unprofessional payback with the ben cousins ending.
Make up you own minds
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xS1aPVsFVIw
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #179 on: November 29, 2009, 09:20:05 PM »
being an hour and half behind sometimes is an advantage, as such i got to see this incident. IMO the reaction from the media manager  was unprofessional. It made Dustin very uncomfortable to say the least. The station has then attempted a petty and even more unprofessional payback with the ben cousins ending.
Make up you own minds
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xS1aPVsFVIw

;D